UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: alext03134 on July 20, 2016, 04:20:50 am

Title: 400 fx assets and t4m help
Post by: alext03134 on July 20, 2016, 04:20:50 am
Can t4m help with the exceeds 400 fx assets error? if so, how can I implement it into my map to fix this? (if possible)

Thanks for the help!
Title: Re: 400 fx assets and t4m help
Post by: oshawat750 on July 20, 2016, 05:15:42 am
Can t4m help with the exceeds 400 fx assets error? if so, how can I implement it into my map to fix this? (if possible)

Thanks for the help!
Yes, it increases the assets in your map, here is the download link and how to install it: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=8092.0 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=8092.0)

Oh, also I am Alex T. irl.  :P

As in my name is Alex T.
Post by: Scobalula on July 20, 2016, 10:04:44 am
Maybe better to actually try and fix the error instead? No point in taking pain killers (T4M) when the real solution is to stop banging your head against a wall (the unused/useless FX). :P

T4M should only be used if your map absolutely needs it, i.e. Oil Rig. ;)
Post by: ASTFRaid on July 22, 2016, 05:06:49 am
Maybe better to actually try and fix the error instead? No point in taking pain killers (T4M) when the real solution is to stop banging your head against a wall (the unused/useless FX). :P

T4M should only be used if your map absolutely needs it, i.e. Oil Rig. ;)

That depends tho, if he is making a private map for only him to play or maybe with a friend in the same room as him on co-op or something then T4M would be the easiest route to just continue moving forward.

But if he plans on releasing his map to the public or having multiple different people play it, since everyone would then have to have the T4M mod installed, this would be more cumbersome then it was worth unless 100% necesszry, like you stated ie Oil Rig

Either way some useful links
Post by: alext03134 on July 25, 2016, 03:58:23 am
That depends tho, if he is making a private map for only him to play or maybe with a friend in the same room as him on co-op or something then T4M would be the easiest route to just continue moving forward.

But if he plans on releasing his map to the public or having multiple different people play it, since everyone would then have to have the T4M mod installed, this would be more cumbersome then it was worth unless 100% necesszry, like you stated ie Oil Rig

Either way some useful links

thanks for the links! I was planning to make a map using lots of custom things, too bad I already got rid of the .map file though....
Post by: ASTFRaid on July 25, 2016, 04:45:17 am
Did you get rid of the .bak file as well? Root/map_source/yourmapname.bak Rename it to yourmapname.map and open in radiant and see whats there!

Best of luck