UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Modding => Topic started by: Scobalula on July 15, 2016, 11:11:51 pm

Title: Deathanim + Knifing = Fall to ground
Post by: Scobalula on July 15, 2016, 11:11:51 pm
Porting Microwave Gun/ Wave Gun AI animations and they seem to be working for the most part, but if you knife them, they fall to ground, like this:

https://i.gyazo.com/77211338d24027513e607c3b7638da65.mp4

Hitman originally suggested I add this when they would fall to ground originally after a second:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
self.nodeathragdoll = true;

Which worked for that, but he said it should work for knifing?

Looked at the BO1 GSC, can't really find anything, help appreciated. ^^
Title: Re: Deathanim + Knifing = Fall to ground
Post by: KhelMho on July 15, 2016, 11:37:16 pm
Wow! Very cool. How can i use this?  :rainbow:
Post by: Harry Bo21 on July 15, 2016, 11:41:21 pm
enable magic bullet shield or invulnerability on the zombies in your wave gun functions so you cannot kill them or hurt them

they are not ragdolling, they are still alive when you knife them - which makes their death anim auto correct on to a "regular kill" then "after" that anim they ragdoll

you really dont want anything else to be able to kill them once they are "marked" by the wave gun anyway, to prevent dead threads etc

its also a good idea to consider this is only happening coz they "die". I imagine its highly unlikely that people will be getting the wave gun on round one in your map, or any infact, so should hopefully be a rare / non issue
Post by: torox850 on July 15, 2016, 11:58:03 pm
Yeah it's very unlikely for player to get Wave gun on round one but one shot knife also happen with Insta-kill
Post by: Scobalula on July 16, 2016, 09:23:16 am
Tried enabling Invulnerability, but unfortunately didn't work, neither did the magic_bullet_shield(). :alone:

It happens on any round also btw, and but yeah it also happens if I shoot them with let say and ACR, or an M1911.

Wow! Very cool. How can i use this?  :rainbow:

You can't. :P It is, however, essentially a direct port of the BO1 GSC
Post by: BluntStuffy on July 16, 2016, 09:33:14 am
make it so this line in animscripts\death.gsc doesnt get threaded when a zombie is killed with the wave-gun, think that might do it ( untested )

Code Snippet
Plaintext
			self thread death_anim_short_circuit();

EDIT:

depending on if your death-anims have the notetrack "start_ragdoll" you might still need the "self.nodeathragdoll" as well

Post by: Scobalula on July 16, 2016, 09:54:43 am
make it so this line in animscripts\death.gsc doesnt get threaded when a zombie is killed with the wave-gun, think that might do it ( untested )

Code Snippet
Plaintext
			self thread death_anim_short_circuit();

EDIT:

depending on if your death-anims have the notetrack "start_ragdoll" you might still need the "self.nodeathragdoll" as well

This worked absolutely perfect! I left that in there anyway since without it, after a second they would fall to the ground, I didn't add any notetracks to the anims yet, all there is atm is 2 anims for legs and no-legs, lol, I said I leave that until I have it working.

For anyone who is wondering, just change the if statement to this around line 104~:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
if( IsDefined(self.is_zombie) && (!IsDefined(self.in_the_ground) || !self.in_the_ground) && self.damageweapon != "weaponfilename")