UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Applications & Tools => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => 3rd-Party Applications & Tools => Topic started by: Scobalula on July 09, 2016, 03:09:24 pm

Title: [MAYA] Anim Joint Selecter + Deleter
Post by: Scobalula on July 09, 2016, 03:09:24 pm
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.prntscr.com%2Fimage%2Ffc65ff7350d449efa1d87336067c343d.jpeg&hash=a8a8ea7507f3664ea4ce8a7d75ef0e4957f1836d)

www.mediafire.com

What does this do?

This is a really basic danka tool/script for Maya that will select joints for exporting for 3arc and IW.

This tool with add 1 shelf/tab to your Maya screen named "Scoba", under that there are 3 buttons:

The ones with a label will select normal joints for the respective games. The ones with the label "ADS" will select ADS joints.

The one labeled "JOINT" will delete unnecessary tags in IW Worldmodels for red dot, etc.

Why not just select/delete them myself?

When doing a batch of anims/models you really just want to get it done nice and fast. This saves me time when I got export each anim all I need to do is press a button instead of selecting joints, then Select Hierarchy, etc.

For the worldmodel deleter it's equally as tiresome when doing multiple LODs to delete each tag except tag_weapon, brass, and flash, this does it at the click of a button.

What's the point if I can just get Lemon 1.42 and get xanims?

1.423 is the only version that will work with Ghosts and thus you still need to convert tanims for it. The 3arc side of the script was only added for convenience and in case some people want to export a batch of modified anims.

Installing

All you need to do is navigate to Documents\Maya\*Your Maya Ver", open the archive in the download and copy the prefs folder inside the "Your Maya Ver" folder to yours.

Then, open the file in the prefs/shelves's folder called "shelf_Scoba" with a program that has a "Find/Replace" features, and replace:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
YOUR_MUMS_USERNAME

With your username, which is probably indeed your mum's since you're using her laptop of course!

Enjoy!

Title: Re: [MAYA] Anim Joint Selecter + Deleter
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on July 09, 2016, 04:40:24 pm
I'll install this for the sake of having it.

:gusta:
Post by: KhelMho on July 09, 2016, 05:56:41 pm
Make some video for this, just for a example  :D
Post by: Scobalula on July 09, 2016, 05:57:45 pm
Make some video for this, just for a example  :D

Not really much point, it just selects joints when pressed. ^^ or deletes them, in the joint deleter thing.
Post by: Scobalula on August 06, 2016, 09:45:01 pm
Updated since I didn't take into to account that Maya doesn't do something along the lines of %USERPROFILE% and that it won't load the images outside my PC, thanks to Tim for reporting that. Just follow the last instructions.

Spoiler: click to open...
If someone knows whether Maya has a variable or some shit for that let me know! I tried MAYA_APP_DIR but didn't work. :ok:
Post by: Scobalula on August 07, 2016, 09:47:38 pm
I've updated again for people using Dr.LilRobot's rig to port anims from T7 to older rigs, it checks for the namespace "bo2" so if you have that namespace so you can click the button whether you have Lil's scene loaded, or normal, it will select them.
Post by: Tim Smith on August 07, 2016, 10:10:18 pm
Again you make my life a hell lot easier. Thanks :).