UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: RichGaming on June 30, 2016, 10:25:21 pm

Title: MAP AWARDS: January - June 2016
Post by: RichGaming on June 30, 2016, 10:25:21 pm
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FRYG54LN.png&hash=b8de14f4625c3a13987ec471c4fefeedb943c54d)

Final Results At Bottom Of Post

Introduction:

Today I am introducing something new. The plan is to create a topic like the one you are currently reading
every 6 months to share the names of great map creators on this site which have been selected by the many
users that UGX holds. The map awards will consist of two different tiers and consider the maps which have
been released within the last 6 months, hence why this topic title states January - June. The voting for
the awards will take place over a period of a month with the first tier taking 15 days and then second
tier also taking 15 days. The final results will then be announced on the first of August.

The first tier will be an anonymous submission of users submitting their choices for the awards listed
below through a Google Form. This helps to reduce people from forming opinions of others which may include
such things as them being biased or only selecting a map because of who the creator is. The 5 map creators
submitted by users will then be taken forward into the second tier of the awards.

The second tier of the awards will be presented in a poll format where users will be able to vote for one
of the top 5 selected map creators for each award from tier 1. Each user can vote for one person per an
award, but does not have to vote for all awards if they do not wish to. When the poll is finally over the
5 top mappers will be narrowed down to the final top three for each award. These mappers will then be
announced as the winners of the award that they have won.

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FbIKIsgS.png&hash=a4dc0c44c7261ab3c310cf93d4ad9f8d61b0abf8)
Most Detailed Map

Highest Replayability Value

Most Buggy Map

Most Original Map

Best Underrated Map

Hardest Map

Most Anticipated Map

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FOHLNeew.png&hash=54412fd22e47a75e5f2e793248354d0bba5bd3f7)
In Tier One you can submit any forum member into any award. Please try to only submit one person per and award
as someone can only win one award when the final result is announced.
Voting for Tier One closes on the 15th July, vote wisely!

Vote for Tier one here: TIER ONE NOW OVER

Tier Two is the poll section of the awards. Here you can vote for one of the five selected people chosen for
each award from Tier One. Do not continue to vote on Tier One if Tier Two is now avaliable for voting as your
vote will not count. Thank you.

Vote for Tier Two here: TIER TWO NOW OVER

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Ff5wU2df.png&hash=9cd727b6c90c73021343d811cbe49e509eb53610)

Most Detailed Map: Clinic Of Evil by IZaRTaX

Highest Replayability Value: Project Contamination: Awakening by HitmanVere

Most Buggy Map: Malibu Drive by ZK

Most Original Map: ORBIT By Makecents and Tudark

Best Underrated Map: Dawnville by ConvictioNDR

Hardest Map: Octagonal Ascension by Psh

Most Anticipated Map: Das Herrenhaus by sethnorris

Thank you to all who voted and congratulations to those who won an award! Be sure to stay tuned for the July-December Map Awards coming at the end of this year.

Title: Re: Map Awards: January - June 2016
Post by: MAK911 on June 30, 2016, 10:35:45 pm
Now, guys, remember.....

Spoiler: click to open...
Malibu Drive was released in January  :troll:
Post by: JR-Imagine on June 30, 2016, 10:42:54 pm
Most Buggy Map
Looking forward to it.
Post by: steviewonder87 on June 30, 2016, 10:54:32 pm
Why is 'best first map' the only one with a drop down choice? And why are 90% of the people on it mappers who have made multiple maps already?
Post by: RichGaming on June 30, 2016, 11:01:51 pm
Why is 'best first map' the only one with a drop down choice? And why are 90% of the people on it mappers who have made multiple maps already?

Fixing now, sorry.
Title: Re: MAP AWARDS: January - June 2016
Post by: Joeycx on June 30, 2016, 11:40:14 pm
wow i didn't know there was that many maps created in that time frame. Nice job richgaming, very spicy
Post by: tudark on July 01, 2016, 01:21:02 am
Hi richgaming , orbit was made by me and makecents . ;)
Post by: Nathiri on July 01, 2016, 02:08:51 am
Some hard choices, especially since I seem to have missed many of the maps on the list. My choice for the most buggy map was a bit of a joke I think, but true, since the map was so glitched it probably shouldnt have even been included in the list.....

Too bad I wasnt able to include a certain map in one of the slots, but I think the ones I chose were the best ones, though some came just as close.
Post by: MZslayer11 on July 01, 2016, 02:23:39 am
Cool idea, Rich. Voting now  ;)
Post by: Koan on July 01, 2016, 07:45:16 am
The first tier will be an anomalous submission of users submitting their choices

I think you mean anonymous. ::)

It'll be interesting to see the results for this, since map reviews are just one guy's opinion and contests are limited.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on July 01, 2016, 08:31:55 am
Do we really have to reward "most buggy"...
Post by: RichGaming on July 01, 2016, 10:41:21 am
wow i didn't know there was that many maps created in that time frame. Nice job richgaming, very spicy

Yeah, it really shocked me as well. Hopefully this ends up spicier than my nans home made curry, we will just have to wait and see. ;)
Hi richgaming , orbit was made by me and makecents . ;)

Sorry about that, put makecents as he published the map. Will update now.

Some hard choices, especially since I seem to have missed many of the maps on the list. My choice for the most buggy map was a bit of a joke I think, but true, since the map was so glitched it probably shouldnt have even been included in the list.....

Too bad I wasnt able to include a certain map in one of the slots, but I think the ones I chose were the best ones, though some came just as close.

Thanks for casting your vote! There have been loads of great maps released over the past 6 months so it is understandable that the decision was hard. Hopefully these awards tempt users to play maps more so they can vote in 6 months time.

Cool idea, Rich. Voting now  ;)

Thanks bud! Also, thanks for voting!
I think you mean anonymous. ::)

It'll be interesting to see the results for this, since map reviews are just one guy's opinion and contests are limited.

Oops, fixed now. Thanks to pointing it out. :D

Do we really have to reward "most buggy"...

Hell yeah :P
Post by: smasher248 on July 01, 2016, 12:02:02 pm
As long as Malibu Drive is an option lol

i think i should get that title to be honest :P
Post by: steviewonder87 on July 01, 2016, 12:45:30 pm
i think i should get that title to be honest :P

Does Recontamination even count? Isn't it just an old map with some updated detailing and new guns and shit? Surely my updates would qualify in that case? Or is yours different because you added 'Re' to the map name and made a new topic? :P
Post by: RichGaming on July 01, 2016, 12:50:00 pm
Does Recontamination even count? Isn't it just an old map with some updated detailing and new guns and shit? Surely my updates would qualify in that case? Or is yours different because you added 'Re' to the map name and made a new topic? :P

The maps have been selected based on when the initial topic was created. Therefore Recontamination is considered as a new map due to the overhaul the map generally had. Sticking BO3 assets in a map is considered an Update not a release.
Post by: smasher248 on July 01, 2016, 12:56:03 pm

tbh i was thinking about kino not even noticing the release date limit
Post by: steviewonder87 on July 01, 2016, 01:02:04 pm
The maps have been selected based on when the initial topic was created. Therefore Recontamination is considered as a new map due to the overhaul the map generally had. Sticking BO3 assets in a map is considered an Update not a release.

I was joking about my own maps, but I did more than just 'stick bo3 assets' in them :please:
Post by: smasher248 on July 01, 2016, 01:05:56 pm
I was joking about my own maps, but I did more than just 'stick bo3 assets' in them :please:

yeah u also made it require T4M :troll:
Post by: steviewonder87 on July 01, 2016, 01:07:56 pm
yeah u also made it require T4M :troll:

I guess I missed a trick, I should have called it Re-Oil Rig and made a new topic - my totally 'new' map. ::)
Post by: RichGaming on July 01, 2016, 01:29:40 pm
I guess I missed a trick, I should have called it Re-Oil Rig and made a new topic - my totally 'new' map. ::)

Yep, you missed out. Can't wait for the Re-Oil Rig release!  :troll:
Post by: steviewonder87 on July 01, 2016, 01:38:16 pm
Yep, you missed out. Can't wait for the Re-Oil Rig release!  :troll:

Why did you remove the best first map category btw?
Post by: RichGaming on July 01, 2016, 02:27:04 pm
Why did you remove the best first map category btw?

Because it was really hard to go through and find all the maps which were only first maps. Especially at 1am when my brain was dead.
Post by: sryanbruen on July 06, 2016, 01:09:35 pm
Most buggy map was very hard to choose, especially considering CXCA is not here.
Post by: RichGaming on July 13, 2016, 05:25:14 pm
Only two more days to vote for Tier 1! Vote now if you havent already.
Post by: timelordalex on July 13, 2016, 06:05:12 pm
can someone link me to cellblocked- if it was any good
Post by: RichGaming on July 13, 2016, 07:08:31 pm
can someone link me to cellblocked- if it was any good

https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=10038.0
Post by: RichGaming on July 15, 2016, 06:18:50 pm
Tier One is now over and the top 5 maps for each award have been put into poll format. Be sure to vote in the OP under the Tier two section. There is a link to the Google Docs form for Tier Two.
Post by: JiffyNoodles on July 26, 2016, 08:46:43 am
Is the Prize a shoutout on your channel? :troll:
or is just like a pride thing?
Post by: RichGaming on July 26, 2016, 09:56:37 am
Is the Prize a shoutout on your channel? :troll:
or is just like a pride thing?

Oh yeah, coz a shoutout on my channel is gonna soooo much... :please:

It's just to make people aware of maps that should be played or avoided. :)
Post by: RichGaming on August 01, 2016, 02:21:08 pm
The results are in! Check the OP for the final results of the first ever map awards! Thanks to everyone who voted and congratulations to those who won an award. :D
Post by: JiffyNoodles on August 02, 2016, 02:12:24 pm
are we doing another round soon Richy?
Post by: RichGaming on August 02, 2016, 02:17:11 pm
are we doing another round soon Richy?

Will be hosting the awards every six months :D
Post by: sethnorris on August 04, 2016, 11:45:52 am
did I won something?
Post by: Tim Smith on August 04, 2016, 12:00:59 pm