UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: HyperFirez on June 24, 2016, 07:30:05 am

Title: How do you customize Launcher?
Post by: HyperFirez on June 24, 2016, 07:30:05 am
I would like to know how to customize launcher. Could someone do a tutorial for me? Thanks.

Double Post Merge: June 24, 2016, 07:30:53 am
EDIT: I posted in the wrong area. Shet...
Title: Re: How do you customize Launcher?
Post by: daedra descent on June 24, 2016, 07:36:37 am
Customize? Its proprietary code. No one can edit or customize it(Edit: except reverse engineering).

AFAIK, Launcher just sends commands to whatever application you use. if DidUknowiPwn shares the command line arguments I could write a customizable java version fairly easily.
Post by: HyperFirez on June 24, 2016, 07:39:08 am
Customize? Its proprietary code. No one can edit or customize it.

AFAIK, Launcher just sends commands to whatever application you use. if DidUknowiPwn shares the command line arguments I could write a customizable java version fairly easily.

I was trying to add buttons and change some icons. Something sorta like DidUKnowiPwn's launcher. But I wanted to add some more features. I just have no idea where to start.
Post by: daedra descent on June 24, 2016, 07:46:03 am
I was trying to add buttons and change some icons. Something sorta like DidUKnowiPwn's launcher. But I wanted to add some more features. I just have no idea where to start.

Again, as far as I know, Launcher is just a convenience app. It in itself doesn't do anything but provide a graphical user interface and execute whatever commands the user selects. If you know the arguments you can do everything Launcher does by hand. The GUI stuff is entirely cosmetic.

Post by: HyperFirez on June 24, 2016, 08:07:51 am
I know what it does. It's convenient. Basically, I wanted to just make a custom launcher for WAW. And use a similar one for COD 1 mapping.
Post by: daedra descent on June 24, 2016, 08:49:34 am
I know what it does. It's convenient. Basically, I wanted to just make a custom launcher for WAW. And use a similar one for COD 1 mapping.

Well, I personally recommend Netbean's Java GUI builder. Pretty much drop and drag GUI element placement. All that needs changing is text and code to actually populate the menus and interpret checkbox values. Make a dirty mockup:

Note: Looks funky because I did this in Linux and because its a mockup. You can use the Windows theme by using UIManager(Java):

Code Snippet
Plaintext
UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.getSystemLookAndFeelClassName());

(https://i.gyazo.com/c2ebcb26889a31bbd3d74dd648bbcdc0.png)
Post by: HyperFirez on June 24, 2016, 05:21:47 pm
I'll have to check this out, thanks. :)
Post by: daedra descent on June 24, 2016, 06:09:36 pm
I'll have to check this out, thanks. :)

No problem.

I was going to show what it looked like in Windows but I forgot to save it like an idiot. The basic layout only took me 15 minutes to make anyway.
Post by: DeletedUser on June 24, 2016, 07:05:55 pm
You can decompile the Launcher using ILSpy since it's written in a .NET language.
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on June 24, 2016, 07:19:06 pm
You can decompile the Launcher using ILSpy since it's written in a .NET language.
written in a compatible .NET language where it can be decompiled and has no virtualprotection on it.
Post by: DeletedUser on June 24, 2016, 09:24:22 pm
written in a compatible .NET language where it can be decompiled and has no virtualprotection on it.
what he said ^^
Post by: daedra descent on June 24, 2016, 09:49:32 pm

Would a Java version not work then?
Post by: DeletedUser on June 24, 2016, 09:55:44 pm

Would a Java version not work then?
The original launcher was written in C#. A Java version of it would also be easily decompilable.
Post by: daedra descent on June 24, 2016, 10:00:11 pm
The original launcher was written in C#. A Java version of it would also be easily decompilable.

I don't really care about how decompilable it is. If I can get the command line arguments and actually decide to do it, I would just release the class itself as part of my GoliathCore library. That way all the GUI needs to do is utilize the library and everything will work and be extended if someone wants to add new features/modify it.
Post by: HyperFirez on June 24, 2016, 10:09:18 pm
I actually downloaded an app called "JustDecompile" and I am reading through the code now.