UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: liamsa669 on May 26, 2016, 01:15:30 pm

Title: Changes in W@W Radient?
Post by: liamsa669 on May 26, 2016, 01:15:30 pm
So... as some people know, I have been working on an updated version of radient. This will use a browsers and can (it might, if not ill release the files) be hosted on a site. So, I would like to know what you want changed in it. To prevent copyright, Ill only supply custom textures/models. :'( CURSE U COPYRIGHT!
(https://i.gyazo.com/afa9cd8ee24aa954ae0037fcf372110a.png)
at the moment, im working on the controls for the 2d/3d (which is why 3d screen is in 2d and the camera is shown)

My ideas are:
-add a camera roll to 3D or rotate camera to 2D
-separate preset control types with custom as an option
-save online (if hosted on a site)
more to come

so, tell me what you would like
Title: Re: Changes in W@W Radient?
Post by: HitmanVere on May 26, 2016, 01:31:48 pm
Fix typos, that would be the first step
Post by: smasher248 on May 26, 2016, 01:43:40 pm
*Radiant
Post by: liamsa669 on May 26, 2016, 03:58:44 pm
*Radiant
fixed it in one of my very many files :D i have so many files from doing it at school and here :D so ill make sure to fix it... again :D
Post by: daguy01 on May 27, 2016, 08:36:54 pm
I'm not sure on any uses for Radiant on browser but it looks good, can't wait to see it.
Post by: liamsa669 on May 30, 2016, 06:17:45 pm
I'm not sure on any uses for Radiant on browser but it looks good, can't wait to see it.
one use is cross os. another use is (if on a site), saves online. it also will allow custom features in it, as long as i script it. Im thinking about making a run map to test it :D
Post by: smasher248 on May 31, 2016, 02:17:07 pm
one use is cross os. another use is (if on a site), saves online. it also will allow custom features in it, as long as i script it. Im thinking about making a run map to test it :D

but i seriously doubt u will be able to make it like waw is with all the curves and lighting and othe fancy shit, not to mention if its buggy it could fuck up peoples map files, + as u said it will only have custom assets + bo3 radiant is coming out soon, how will this work with adding assets, is it going to read them locally on waw? or do u have to upload them to the site? what sort of features are u going to add to make people stop using the supplied program that already does what we need generally without problems, and how will u deal with reasorces? waw radiant already runs quite badly when ur map gets detailed, surely this would only get worse running through the browser
Post by: toxic72 on May 31, 2016, 02:24:18 pm
This could be done properly actually, but he'd have to conform to certain standards like asm.js and for texturing he could use the File Api to allow for users who already have the files installed, assuming he understands the T4 iwi's. Using js that conforms to asm.js would have reasonable speeds.
Post by: liamsa669 on May 31, 2016, 10:20:58 pm
but i seriously doubt u will be able to make it like waw is with all the curves and lighting and othe fancy shit
lel, my renderer that im using is probally 3x better than bo3 :D

not to mention if its buggy it could fuck up peoples map files
there is such things as backups and since it doesnt generate the code untill the end, that chance is low... i will make sure to implement checks to make sure everything is correct, but even radient can fuck up a map :D... its all cuz random bits of code might create a 1 in a million chance of a bug

+ as u said it will only have custom assets + bo3 radiant is coming out soon, how will this work with adding assets
well, if itll be downloadable, ill make it so it uses text files (maybe with a diffrent extension) to store data. I cannot figure out how to decrypt xmodels, but i can use the data in .xmodel_export :D if i am able to convert xmodels into a recognizable format for me, then i will be able to allow it to use local data, but everything is encrypted when you hit convert so its kinda hard for me ;D

what sort of features are u going to add to make people stop using the supplied program that already does what we need generally without problems, and how will u deal with reasorces
its up to what people want, i do have several testers to give me their feedback and i made this post to get ideas from the community

waw radiant already runs quite badly when ur map gets detailed, surely this would only get worse running through the browser
waw can handle most maps, its all about technique to reduce the 'lag', most maps do not use LODs properly and portal them. another thing you can do to reduce lag is to change how waw will handle brushes. theres a reason if you rightclick it says "make weapon clip", "make detail", etc. this tells waw to handle it as physical or not, to register bullet hits or no, etc

the renderer allows the use of dds as images, but i will try to look into methods to use iwis and xmodels, but with my current knowledge, the only thing i can use is the same stuff u would use to convert to waw (the xmodel_export and dds/tga). FX, might be implemented, but i havent looked into how my engine does fx let alone how waw does fx

a feature i might put in is similiar to radient's convert map to maya... where the selected items can be converted into a singular model and downloaded (if needed)

also please note, im doing this cuz im bored, so if i find something more interesting, that goes first :D... its not like ive touched waw in months :troll: