UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: trebeltom1 on September 15, 2013, 02:54:45 pm

Title: Sounds...
Post by: trebeltom1 on September 15, 2013, 02:54:45 pm
i just can't get my custom sounds to work....
I have converted them succesfully, they appear in: C:\Users\Dale\Desktop\nazi zombies\raw\sound
(my root is C:\Users\Dale\Desktop\nazi zombies).
I add a sound alias which is for a cave sound and looks like this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
 name,sequence,file,vol_min,vol_max,pitch_min,pitch_max,dist_min,dist_max,dist_reverb_max,limit_count,limit_type,entity_limit_count,entity_limit_type,bus,priority,spatialized,type,probability,loop,masterslave,loadspec,reverb_falloff_curve,subtitle,compression,randomize_type,secondaryaliasname,chainaliasname,volumefalloffcurve,probability,startdelay,speakermap,reverb,lfe percentage,center percentage,platform,envelop_min,envelop_max,envelop percentage,occlusion_level,move_type,move_time,real_delay,distance_lpf,min_priority,max_priority,min_priority_threshold,max_priority_threshold,doppler
# Ambient SFX - Static,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
# WIND,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
cave,,cave,0.35,0.35,1,1,,,,,,,,ambience,,2d,streamed,,looping,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,40,80,0.25,1,

it is called dalesdig.csv and is in: C:\Users\Dale\Desktop\nazi zombies\raw\soundaliases

I added these lines to my dalesdig.csv in: C:\Users\Dale\Desktop\nazi zombies\zone_source :

Code Snippet
Plaintext
 sound,dalesdig,,all_sp
sound,cave

I compiled my map, ran it, and the sound is not emitting from a script struct with the kvps:

script_wait_max 20
script_wait_min 10
script_sound cave
targetname cave
script_label random

please can you help!!??
Title: Re: Sounds...
Post by: YaPh1l on September 15, 2013, 03:03:10 pm
Your file name is probably wrong, unless your sound file does not have a file extension like .wav

- Phil.
Post by: trebeltom1 on September 15, 2013, 04:07:51 pm
so i changed the second cave in the sound alias to cave.wav

and the sound,cave to sound,cave.wav
recompiled, still nothing....
Post by: JR-Imagine on September 15, 2013, 04:18:02 pm
Are you building both the .iwd and the mod.ff files when building your mod? (unlike Treminaor's tut)
I found that solved my issues with for example the BO perk shaders not showing.
Post by: trebeltom1 on September 15, 2013, 05:14:42 pm
Recompiled map, mod.ff and iwd

No luck...
Post by: treminaor on September 15, 2013, 05:22:17 pm
Your soundalias line has no compiler loadspec specified, yet you specified "all_sp" as the loadspec in your FF line.

Change your FF line to just be "sound,dalesdig,,," and remove the "sound,cave" as it is pointless.

If this still does not produce a working sound in-game, check your raw/sound folder to see if cave.wav even converted properly to there. If it did, make sure you copied it from raw/sound to root/mods/mapname/sound/ since you specified it as a streaming sound. Streaming sound means it will be streamed from the IWD instead of loaded into the fastfile.
Post by: trebeltom1 on September 15, 2013, 07:49:15 pm
changed sound aliases as required, removed sound,cave.wav
recompiled map, mod.ff and iwd, then checked for sound file in the iwd ( was there)
still no luck...
Post by: treminaor on September 15, 2013, 07:58:57 pm
changed sound aliases as required, removed sound,cave.wav
recompiled map, mod.ff and iwd, then checked for sound file in the iwd ( was there)
still no luck...
Probably is your script implementation of it - I've never bothered using built in KVPs on structs like that.

test your sound by doing

Code Snippet
Plaintext
getPlayers()[0] playsound("cave");

somewhere.
Post by: trebeltom1 on September 15, 2013, 08:26:25 pm
so I put a little thread:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
testsound()
{
wait(5);
getPlayers()[0] playsound("cave");
iPrintLnBold("played");
}

and surprise surprise, it just went straight to played, without playing the sound...
Post by: treminaor on September 15, 2013, 08:28:09 pm
Your soundalias should start with cave,cave.wav (you forgot the file extension).
Post by: trebeltom1 on September 15, 2013, 08:30:12 pm
so i changed the second cave in the sound alias to cave.wav

and the sound,cave to sound,cave.wav
recompiled, still nothing....

I corrected that already...