UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: Sounder1995 on May 19, 2016, 04:59:17 am

Title: Box Won't Move
Post by: Sounder1995 on May 19, 2016, 04:59:17 am
A few months ago, I tested whether my mystery box moved properly, and it did. Now it no longer does. I get the teddy bear. Samantha laughs. The box temporarily disappears. It then reappears at its original location, thus not moving at all.

Unfortunately, I did not notice this error until now, so I do not really know where the bug is. I have already replaced _zombiemode_weapons.gsc, my_nazi_zombie_map_name.gsc, and dlc3.gsc each individually with the stock files from raw/maps. None of them did anything. If this is at all helpful and/or relevant information, I am using Harry Bo21's perks (version 4.0.1) and SniperBolt's prefabs for the box.

If anyone knows where the bug may lie, please let me know. Otherwise, I will hopefully be releasing my map in beta soon, and maybe it'll easier then to find the bug?
Title: Re: Box Won\'t Move
Post by: Tim Smith on May 19, 2016, 05:03:29 am
Are you putting other box prefabs ?

Double Post Merge: May 19, 2016, 05:17:02 am
Actually go to your mapname.gsc and search for
Code Snippet
Plaintext
level.DLC3.useChestMoves
and set it to true.
Title: Re: Box Won't Move
Post by: chromastone10 on May 19, 2016, 06:04:33 am
have this issue with every new map, its with zombiemode weapons, you gotta find any "nazi_zombie_factory" spots and copy that and add your mapname like "nazi_zombie_MAPNAME"

only add it in places that have the 2 lines like this "||"

heres an example from my code

Code Snippet
Plaintext
|| level.script == "nazi_zombie_factory" || level.script == "nazi_zombie_coalmine")
Post by: Tim Smith on May 19, 2016, 06:47:48 am
No need chroma, the dvar that make the chest moveable is only called once in zombiemode_weapons.gsc.
Go to line 1416, change the nazi_zombie_prototype to your mapname. Build mod.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on May 19, 2016, 06:50:01 am
It's a variable not a dvar and chroma is right...
Post by: Tim Smith on May 19, 2016, 07:23:36 am
I'm not a scripter but i'm pretty sure the script says : getdvar...
Post by: Soy-Yo on May 19, 2016, 08:25:38 am
No need chroma, the dvar that make the chest moveable is only called once in zombiemode_weapons.gsc.
Go to line 1416, change the nazi_zombie_prototype to your mapname. Build mod.
I'm not a scripter but i'm pretty sure the script says : getdvar...
That dvar has no use. It's set to "1" in zombiemode in case it was "", but it isn't used nor set anywhere else.
Also, if he does what you say, it will do just the opposite: he won't even get the teddy because that line checks if the map is not "nazi_zombie_prototype":
Code Snippet
Plaintext
if(level.script != "nazi_zombie_prototype" && getdvar("magic_chest_movable") == "1")

I had this problem some time ago, and what chroma says fixed it. And I redirected to my post some other people that had this same issue and it fixed for them too.
Post by: Sounder1995 on May 22, 2016, 06:31:50 am
have this issue with every new map, its with zombiemode weapons, you gotta find any "nazi_zombie_factory" spots and copy that and add your mapname like "nazi_zombie_MAPNAME"

only add it in places that have the 2 lines like this "||"

heres an example from my code

Code Snippet
Plaintext
|| level.script == "nazi_zombie_factory" || level.script == "nazi_zombie_coalmine")

Chroma, you are a genius. Thanks!

By the way, I remember the "Exo Zombies" custom zombies map that you made in 2014 (holy crap; time flies!) where you trolled Hypermole super hard. Let's just say that a feature from that map inspired me to add a (what I think is) very interesting addition to my upcoming map...  ;)
Post by: chromastone10 on May 22, 2016, 06:52:11 am
no prob man, glad I could help