UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: sedozz on May 09, 2016, 08:07:02 am

Title: Black Ops Modtools
Post by: sedozz on May 09, 2016, 08:07:02 am
Hey guys!

I've been seeing a lot lately about Black Ops Radiantbeing available and useable now. What are the benefits of using the Black Ops tools as opposed to the WAW tools? Was there that much improvement?
Title: Re: Black Ops Modtools
Post by: NINJAMAN829 on May 09, 2016, 08:07:06 pm
From what Hitman said, radiant is exactly the same.

But it would be better off, we get more textures, models and such to play with.

We also have better limits. Like fx, bone, etc
Post by: Harry Bo21 on May 09, 2016, 08:33:39 pm
From what Hitman said, radiant is exactly the same.

But it would be better off, we get more textures, models and such to play with.

We also have better limits. Like fx, bone, etc
yea bone limit is higher, fx is 500 etc

its basically the same limits as t4m grants to waw
Post by: Rollonmath42 on May 09, 2016, 08:34:16 pm
The modified tools are still under development as there are various issues to be resolved (mainly to do with compiling), but the they work for the most part. The Radiant that is being used to develop maps is simply WaW's Radiant, but it has been modified to load BO1's assets.

As for benefits, BO1 can handle a bit more when it comes to the engine, zombies aren't as annoying (grabbing for example), proper dual wielding, improved melee system, being able to move while downed (and many other improvements gameplay-wise that BO1 had), and according to SE2Dev: increased asset limits, HDR lighting, and real destructible glass.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on May 09, 2016, 08:41:40 pm
The modified tools are still under development as there are various issues to be resolved (mainly to do with compiling), but the they work for the most part. The Radiant that is being used to develop maps is simply WaW's Radiant, but it has been modified to load BO1's assets.

As for benefits, BO1 can handle a bit more when it comes to the engine, zombies aren't as annoying (grabbing for example), proper dual wielding, improved melee system, being able to move while downed (and many other improvements gameplay-wise that BO1 had), and according to SE2Dev: increased asset limits, HDR lighting, and real destructible glass.
didnt veruct on waw have the breakable glass?
Post by: Rollonmath42 on May 09, 2016, 08:45:10 pm
didnt veruct on waw have the breakable glass?

It wasn't actual glass breaking, it was (according to him) a model swap + fx, unlike how it is in Ascension.
Post by: steviewonder87 on May 09, 2016, 09:31:45 pm
It wasn't actual glass breaking, it was (according to him) a model swap + fx, unlike how it is in Ascension.

There are destructible glass models in WAW though? Either way that's hardly a major reason to up sticks to BO1 at this late stage ;D

AI fish on the other hand....

The grabbing zombies you can already remove in WAW it's literally commenting one line, and don't tell me it's different in BO1 because Stuffy found that by comparing the BO1 and WAW _zombiemode.gscs and that's literally all they did in BO1. Moving when downed is also possible in WAW. Proper akimbo and better meleeing I'll give you though. :P
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on May 09, 2016, 10:50:38 pm
There are destructible glass models in WAW though? Either way that's hardly a major reason to up sticks to BO1 at this late stage ;D

AI fish on the other hand....

The grabbing zombies you can already remove in WAW it's literally commenting one line, and don't tell me it's different in BO1 because Stuffy found that by comparing the BO1 and WAW _zombiemode.gscs and that's literally all they did in BO1. Moving when downed is also possible in WAW. Proper akimbo and better meleeing I'll give you though. :P

Why dont we take BO Akimbo, and script it somewhere else. (like WAW)
(http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/062/392/tumblr_l5ocoqxGjA1qb0nrro1_250.gif)
Post by: liamsa669 on May 09, 2016, 11:08:52 pm
Why dont we take BO Akimbo, and script it somewhere else. (like WAW)
(http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/062/392/tumblr_l5ocoqxGjA1qb0nrro1_250.gif)
we try, but the issue is with co-op... the only methods we can think of either use a ton of weaponfiles or can lag for co-op... while bo1 has it builtin
Post by: CyberMan1011 on May 09, 2016, 11:20:52 pm
It's good to know that we're finally able to play custom zombies on BO1 now, but there's just a few questions I have:

-People have been able to find ways to implement so much stuff into WaW (Gun Game, custom Easter eggs, all that good stuff)...can this be applied to BO1 as well?
-This is going to sound silly, but with the BO3 mod tools coming out...are people even going to be playing BO1 custom maps?
Post by: Guilhermex12 on May 10, 2016, 01:11:08 am
It's good to know that we're finally able to play custom zombies on BO1 now, but there's just a few questions I have:

-People have been able to find ways to implement so much stuff into WaW (Gun Game, custom Easter eggs, all that good stuff)...can this be applied to BO1 as well?
-This is going to sound silly, but with the BO3 mod tools coming out...are people even going to be playing BO1 custom maps?
people like me that don't have a monster PC will stick to BO1 Custom Maps and WaW.
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on May 10, 2016, 03:04:46 am
we try, but the issue is with co-op... the only methods we can think of either use a ton of weaponfiles or can lag for co-op... while bo1 has it builtin
Then why not program it so that Its true dual wield on solo but fake on coop. A suggestion I made for about 2 years now.
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on May 10, 2016, 03:11:08 am
Because trying to create a scripted host version of something done by engine/client is literally next to impossible in WaW.

It is possible to create viewhands, the model, the anims but it just will not function the same as intended as it's a hacked version.
Post by: HitmanVere on May 10, 2016, 05:42:16 am

People have done crazy shit with BO1 for ages, like DrLilRobot for example. Look up is Project Thor mod for Ascension
Post by: steviewonder87 on May 10, 2016, 07:32:58 am

Why would this sound silly? Sounds entirely logical to me.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on May 10, 2016, 08:17:07 am
I think there will be a user base for bo1 mods - just the "bulk" of people will move to bo3
Post by: animallover on May 10, 2016, 05:42:06 pm
crazy thought.. but can we port over waw maps...
Post by: HitmanVere on May 10, 2016, 05:52:36 pm
crazy thought.. but can we port over waw maps...

Yes, except you would need to reconvert used models/textures to BO1 and possibly change some stuff
Post by: DeletedUser on May 10, 2016, 07:09:56 pm
I've seen alot of people getting kinda hyped about BO1 modtools / mapping but one thing I want to know is will WaW menus work in BO?

A menu I'm trying to use in Kino does'nt open OPC (OnPlayerConnect) do WaW menus not work? if so how would I "port" the menu to BO1?

If your interested heres the menu im trying to use
Post by: Krazzyboy97 on May 10, 2016, 08:28:18 pm
As I haven't seen anyone mention it will the mod tools have access to all dlc assets? Would definitely like to include the shrink ray in a custom blops map as I feel that gun was underated  :(
Post by: Scobalula on May 10, 2016, 08:31:37 pm
As I haven't seen anyone mention it will the mod tools have access to all dlc assets? Would definitely like to include the shrink ray in a custom blops map as I feel that gun was underated  :(

You can extract the models and anim and scrips and then include them.
Post by: Krazzyboy97 on May 10, 2016, 08:34:35 pm
You can extract the models and anim and scrips and then include them.

That's good enough for me :D
Post by: sedozz on May 11, 2016, 06:07:33 am

In WAW there are 4 increasingly damaged glass pane models that swap at different damage amounts, accompanied by an sound and a glass breaking FX.
Post by: CyberMan1011 on May 11, 2016, 11:08:17 pm
People have done crazy shit with BO1 for ages, like DrLilRobot for example. Look up is Project Thor mod for Ascension

I guess that makes sense.

Why would this sound silly? Sounds entirely logical to me.

Now that you mention it, maybe it isn't so silly, but I couldn't really imagine at first that many people would be playing BO1 custom zombies when you could just play custom zombies on BO3.

But then I realized that there are still many people that don't have a good PC capable of running BO3 at a decent FPS...
Post by: WECoyote99 on May 12, 2016, 02:57:21 pm
The tools are useful never could get waw ones to work compile was messed up for me but the _zombiemode_ai_boss and _zombiemode_ai_ape what I tried to get into the zombie maps but need help with that
Post by: DeletedUser on May 12, 2016, 05:07:23 pm
I've seen alot of people getting kinda hyped about BO1 modtools / mapping but one thing I want to know is will WaW menus work in BO?

A menu I'm trying to use in Kino does'nt open OPC (OnPlayerConnect) do WaW menus not work? if so how would I "port" the menu to BO1?

If your interested heres the menu im trying to use
There are some slight differences, mostly in the stock menu definitions, but you should be able to copy paste waw menus (but I wouldn't recommend doing that, I'd rather make them from scratch).
Post by: liamsa669 on May 12, 2016, 10:16:33 pm
There are some slight differences, mostly in the stock menu definitions, but you should be able to copy paste waw menus (but I wouldn't recommend doing that, I'd rather make them from scratch).
or, u can just include the waw menus, maybe rename some defines and the files. There is no reason that waw menus shouldnt work in bo1. as for bo1 menus to waw... thats diffrent because they use some engine things that were added later. As for either to bo3... from what i heard, they no longer use the same language so that is a no if what i heard is tru