UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: CabCon on April 20, 2016, 08:26:57 pm

Title: Black Ops 3 Closed Mod Tools Alpha Started! + Screenshot and Videos!
Post by: CabCon on April 20, 2016, 08:26:57 pm
Hello UGX-Community,
today Treyarch started the closed Alpha for the Black Ops 3 Mod tools.

https://twitter.com/pcdev/status/722852728356139008 (https://twitter.com/pcdev/status/722852728356139008)

What do you think about it? Do you got access?

Information

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FBooa1wJ.jpg&hash=9a879f71ea7c33d17acc81d6b0f7cf42040929d1)
Zeroy released a picture of the new Radiant Editor.

A first Radiant Preview. Created by
UGO (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQOsVNl2EZGyEfpUq6ZbRbg).

Zeroy released a Speed Mapping Video on his
Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO5rH3K7Yzl-fiykYVaDl_w).
Title: Re: Black Ops 3 Closed Mod Tools Alpha Started!
Post by: animallover on April 20, 2016, 08:48:01 pm
excited   :)
Post by: vinnyz500 on April 20, 2016, 08:51:02 pm
whoever gets access (if on this site) if they allow you make some videos of the new tools and or some screenshots for us all  ;)
Post by: Bwc66930 on April 20, 2016, 09:06:38 pm
Still wondering who they picked, since they did give it to people.... wonder what decided their decision making process
Post by: daedra descent on April 20, 2016, 09:34:27 pm
Still wondering who they picked, since they did give it to people.... wonder what decided their decision making process

Anyone who made a box map.  :troll:

Post by: MAK911 on April 20, 2016, 09:59:21 pm
Anyone who made a box map.  :troll:
Everyone's made a box map if they used a script placer with sniperbolt's tutorial map. The question is: how shitty of a box map did it have to be to qualify?
Post by: Bwc66930 on April 20, 2016, 10:02:10 pm
Everyone's made a box map if they used a script placer with sniperbolt's tutorial map. The question is: how shitty of a box map did it have to be to qualify?
A box map that has 100000 points at the beginning, stock weapons with stock textures, no reflection probs, one window, and default player models (that women chick)

This is the steps to get bo3 mod tools, make and release a map of this quality
Post by: Psych on April 20, 2016, 11:48:51 pm

If it is a closed beta doesnt that mean it is internal...? like within the studio and its affiliates only? Or am I mistaken and they were giving access to a few in the community?
Post by: Dust on April 21, 2016, 12:28:52 am
If it is a closed beta doesnt that mean it is internal...? like within the studio and its affiliates only? Or am I mistaken and they were giving access to a few in the community?

According to the post, they reached out to a few members in the PC modding community.

Doesnt say how they were chosen, but I am guessing members who have shown incredible skill in their maps, zctchaos, quizz, nukem etc.
Post by: KDXDARK on April 21, 2016, 12:37:14 am
According to the post, they reached out to a few members in the PC modding community.

Doesnt say how they were chosen, but I am guessing members who have shown incredible skill in their maps, zctchaos, quizz, nukem etc.
codmapper,radimax, x-president,me( :please:) blackjackjonny, zeroy and more people :D
Post by: vinnyz500 on April 21, 2016, 12:40:03 am
codmapper,radimax, x-president,me( :please:) blackjackjonny, zeroy and more people :D
do u know if they are allowed to release info and or videos on the tools (also the maps they create as well?)
Post by: mxtxm on April 21, 2016, 01:43:10 am
do u know if they are allowed to release info and or videos on the tools (also the maps they create as well?)
My guess is that they won't be allowed to tell us or show us anything until Treyarch gives them the okay to do so.
Post by: Scobalula on April 21, 2016, 06:15:13 am
My guess is that they won't be allowed to tell us or show us anything until Treyarch gives them the okay to do so.
During the next few months, you’ll likely begin to hear from the participants of the Closed Alpha about their experiences working with the tools and working with us. Along the way, we’ll also keep you updated.

Probably not too bothered about it.
Title: Re: Black Ops 3 Closed Mod Tools Alpha Started! + First Screenshot!
Post by: SoulTaker on April 22, 2016, 12:28:53 am
Damn that Radiant sure does look sexy. So they're really going to deliver this time it seems like...
Post by: DeletedUser on April 22, 2016, 01:17:04 am
if you look close u can see, monster clip and an animation button right next to the prefab button - so in house animator or animation preview? love the in game camera which is awesome - wonder if this is how they do there cutscenes?
Post by: Bwc66930 on April 22, 2016, 01:20:34 am
Anyone else noticed that it is only for mp? Nothing about zm tools
Post by: c.h.n on April 22, 2016, 01:35:34 am
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPSMIZ8Hmxg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPSMIZ8Hmxg)
Post by: DeletedUser on April 22, 2016, 01:44:03 am
so do they hand out the tools to select individuals based on talent or who ever gives the best handjob? just curious
Post by: Bwc66930 on April 22, 2016, 01:55:54 am
so do they hand out the tools to select individuals based on talent or who ever gives the best handjob? just curious
The mapper united site made a post saying some of the people who got the tools, they also said they aren't allowed to tell why they got the tools or something like that
Post by: DeletedUser on April 22, 2016, 01:57:21 am
The mapper united site made a post saying some of the people who got the tools, they also said they aren't allowed to tell why they got the tools or something like that

basically that means they are friends with someone at the company lol
Post by: Bwc66930 on April 22, 2016, 01:58:25 am
basically that means they are friends with someone at the company lol
Lol not taking that out of the equation
Post by: SoulTaker on April 22, 2016, 02:23:30 am
Anyone else noticed that it is only for mp? Nothing about zm tools
From what I know they did invite some modders who are known for their zombie mods, so it's same to assume zm tools will be included if not I'm sure we can easily get hands on the scripts to make a zombies mod ourselves.
Post by: CabCon on April 22, 2016, 05:03:56 am
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPSMIZ8Hmxg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPSMIZ8Hmxg)
Nice :)
Post by: smasher248 on April 22, 2016, 08:27:49 am
if for some reason they dont give us zm tools, im sure someone like se2dev would be able to get it to work like he did with bo1, except this time he has an actual map editor to work with :P
Post by: DeletedUser on April 22, 2016, 09:38:41 am
Here's info and theories that I've gathered.
Mod tools come with everyone's favourite map which is Combine.
FX Editor is merged with radiant.
FX, anims, etc. can be previewed in the editor.
No total conversions (Mods tab is gone in the launcher).
Huge potential for Steam Workshop support.
Post by: smasher248 on April 22, 2016, 09:44:20 am
Will we get a zombie map tutorial like the giant or a tutorial map with all the spawns and shit sorted?
Post by: DeletedUser on April 22, 2016, 09:51:21 am
It seems likely.
Post by: PlutoBro on April 22, 2016, 10:10:04 am
Here's info and theories that I've gathered.
Mod tools come with everyone's favourite map which is Combine.
FX Editor is merged with radiant.
FX, anims, etc. can be previewed in the editor.
No total conversions (Mods tab is gone in the launcher).
Huge potential for Steam Workshop support.

Its exciting to know that we may be able to view fx and animations within radiant. Also its cool seeing radiant loading instead of waiting after clicking a button not knowing if its frozen or not :P
Post by: smasher248 on April 22, 2016, 11:23:29 am
i just hope radaint doesnt crash if u close ur laptop screen or ur computer goes to sleep, or when playing a game etc
Post by: KDXDARK on April 22, 2016, 04:17:39 pm
http://mappersunited.com/index.php?/topic/297-alpha-modtools-first-impression-features/ (http://mappersunited.com/index.php?/topic/297-alpha-modtools-first-impression-features/)
Post by: animallover on April 22, 2016, 05:28:45 pm
http://mappersunited.com/index.php?/topic/297-alpha-modtools-first-impression-features/ (http://mappersunited.com/index.php?/topic/297-alpha-modtools-first-impression-features/)

:lol:
Post by: fusorf on April 22, 2016, 05:54:55 pm
This is awesome ! .... wait

Now i'm gonna need a new pc :'(

Anyway, more seriously, It would be awesome to get this "Radiant Black Edition" working on Waw  :nyan:
(because of the features, like realtime light rendering)
Post by: Bwc66930 on April 22, 2016, 05:58:44 pm

Anyway, more seriously, It would be awesome to get this "Radiant Black Edition" working on Waw  :nyan:
Wait.... make it working in waw? Why? Bo3 will be here and most likely waw will go in the hole
Post by: animallover on April 22, 2016, 06:02:08 pm

wot  :poker:
Post by: fusorf on April 22, 2016, 06:06:10 pm
Bo3 will be here and most likely waw will go in the hole

Well prehaps for most people but here I am having trouble running BO3 on 800x600 lower settings.  8)
Post by: HitmanVere on April 22, 2016, 06:40:57 pm
Well prehaps for most people but here I am having trouble running BO3 on 800x600 lower settings.  8)

I am pretty sure you cant port Black Radiant to be used for WaW :poker:
Post by: Bwc66930 on April 22, 2016, 07:41:12 pm
Alright, then you'll be left behind while everyone else is with the bo3.... I just thought of something
There's gonna be people still modding waw and there probably gonna be called poor scumbags... the community will be cut in half!
Post by: ProRevenge on April 22, 2016, 07:45:12 pm
These tools look pretty amazing, cant wait to get my hands on em :lol:
So much potential for some amazing zombie maps and concepts
And hopefully people can mod Grief in :)
Post by: animallover on April 22, 2016, 07:47:08 pm

Just save up for a month and buy a new computer???  ???
Post by: Bwc66930 on April 22, 2016, 07:49:08 pm
These tools look pretty amazing, cant wait to get my hands on em :lol:
So much potential for some amazing zombie maps and concepts
And hopefully people can mod Grief in :)
It's probably locked at 4 players for zombies just like how waw is... so no 8 player grief unless it's still in there from bo2, which I don't think it will be

Also the alpha I guess is only for mp at the moment, which kinda worries
Post by: c.h.n on April 22, 2016, 08:27:04 pm
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEdt6fFt5Nk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEdt6fFt5Nk)
Post by: daedra descent on April 22, 2016, 08:49:01 pm
Meh. Black Radiant is cluttered with so much garbage now its hard to see what the hell your doing. Hopefully there is a way to change it back to the old GTK Radiant layout, otherwise this'll be a pain to use.

I mean, come on, animation and FX editor/preview? Was that really necessary to add?
Post by: Scobalula on April 22, 2016, 08:53:49 pm
Meh. Black Radiant is cluttered with so much garbage now its hard to see what the hell your doing. Hopefully there is a way to change it back to the old GTK Radiant layout, otherwise this'll be a pain to use.

I mean, come on, animation and FX editor/preview? Was that really necessary to add?

If you find that cluttered, have fun with most others editors like Unreal's, lol.

Spoiler: click to open...
pessimistic twat strikes again.
Post by: ProRevenge on April 22, 2016, 08:54:11 pm

You haven't even used the program, yet you make assumptions about its usability?

On topic, FX preview will be great, we can test how FX will look with the in editor light compile, for example adding fires burning or things like that.
Animation preview we can look how traverses and things will work, no more roughly estimating the height we need.
Could also be useful for seeing how Bosses/special AI move around your map, and if its suitable/adapted for them
Post by: SoulTaker on April 22, 2016, 09:20:19 pm
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEdt6fFt5Nk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEdt6fFt5Nk)
Nice I noticed that during the end it said  template "mp mod level". Guess they'll ad ZM Mod Level later on?
Post by: MAK911 on April 22, 2016, 09:22:17 pm

Thank God we're leaving you back here with WAW. Have fun on a 8 year old engine!
Post by: Bwc66930 on April 22, 2016, 09:30:00 pm
Thank God we're leaving you back here with WAW. Have fun on a 8 year old engine!
It's already began
Post by: daedra descent on April 22, 2016, 09:33:31 pm
If you find that cluttered, have fun with most others editors like Unreal's, lol.

I have, actually. Not very easy to use at all, not only because of how cluttered it us, but no 2D grid and how demanding the Unreal engine is.

And Source's Hammer editor... holy crap. 3 2D grids and you have to click buttons to simply create a brush. I know these sound like stupid complaints, but honestly its a total nightmare. No idea how CS:GO custom mappers do it.

No thanks. GTK Radiant please.

On topic, FX preview will be great, we can test how FX will look with the in editor light compile, for example adding fires burning or things like that.
Animation preview we can look how traverses and things will work, no more roughly estimating the height we need.
Could also be useful for seeing how Bosses/special AI move around your map, and if its suitable/adapted for them

Having the ability to do those things is helpful, sure, but does it really have a place in the level editor itself?

Actually, I do plan on eventually moving to BO3 if they allow script editing.
Post by: MAK911 on April 22, 2016, 09:39:05 pm
Having the ability to do those things is helpful, sure, but does it really have a place in the level editor itself?
100%. Whether you think it or not, FX and animation play a MAJOR role in level design. I mean, look at the plane trap in ZNS. That shit would have NEVER turned out well if they had to keep going back and forth between mapping, re-animating, and compiling the map just to see if the damn thing would work. All those ropes and trees have a lot of potential for fucking up if it lowered too low or rose too high. FX is a huge thing as well because I'm sure I'm not the only one who has made an fx, only to find it rotated on compiling. All of this shit is integral to knowing the actual look and layout of the map.
Actually, I do plan on eventually moving to BO3 if they allow script editing.
Fuck.
Post by: SirJammy on April 22, 2016, 10:32:27 pm

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2F38.media.tumblr.com%2F07b5c6add87a9a1df0b8f20ceb44bc5a%2Ftumblr_inline_n93souJRx21r79k32.gif&hash=6e2d43ecb28f67e10340a5fd5763a53c3974859e)
Post by: PlutoBro on April 22, 2016, 11:42:48 pm
I wish it to be as easy to use such as a tick boss for what box you want (if only this was a waw feature, like ticking brutus to add him in)

It does look relatively different, but looking at it, the icons have changed, but their functionality look very simular.

100%. Whether you think it or not, FX and animation play a MAJOR role in level design.
YES! Thankyou!

I have, actually. Not very easy to use at all, not only because of how cluttered it us, but no 2D grid and how demanding the Unreal engine is.

And Source's Hammer editor... holy crap. 3 2D grids and you have to click buttons to simply create a brush. I know these sound like stupid complaints, but honestly its a total nightmare. No idea how CS:GO custom mappers do it.

No thanks. GTK Radiant please.

Just like the original radiant, it's going to take some time to familiarize, but if you find that task to bad, then I +1 on you making some more world at war maps for the next 8 years.
Post by: SoulTaker on April 23, 2016, 01:40:47 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzbC1a0DF98 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzbC1a0DF98)

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Post by: KDXDARK on April 23, 2016, 01:53:51 am
BlackOps 3 Speed Mapping with Alpha Modtools: http://youtu.be/BzbC1a0DF98 (http://youtu.be/BzbC1a0DF98)
Post by: MAK911 on April 23, 2016, 01:59:36 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzbC1a0DF98 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzbC1a0DF98)

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Welp, that settles it. I'm getting my baseball bat and any box map fuckers will get their asses kicked if shit like this is capable in however long it took zeroy to do that.
Post by: SoulTaker on April 23, 2016, 02:10:26 am
Welp, that settles it. I'm getting my baseball bat and any box map fuckers will get their asses kicked if shit like this is capable in however long it took zeroy to do that.
PREACH!
Post by: fatboypro on April 23, 2016, 02:24:49 am
Some More Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPSMIZ8Hmxg (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPSMIZ8Hmxg)
Post by: SoulTaker on April 23, 2016, 02:32:37 am
Looks like Asset Manager is going to also be in the tools which means that you'll be able to import weapons right???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cZLEsp9fno (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cZLEsp9fno)
Post by: arceus on April 23, 2016, 02:34:21 am
not necessarily, but i dont see why we wouldnt be able to
Post by: SoulTaker on April 23, 2016, 02:35:57 am
not necessarily, but i dont see why we wouldnt be able to
Well there's some people who are very paranoid about any limits that Treyarch might put into the mod tools for BO3. Some people for example are scared you won't be able to script for Black Ops 3 as well as make zombie maps.
Post by: Bwc66930 on April 23, 2016, 04:30:14 am
Well there's some people who are very paranoid about any limits that Treyarch might put into the mod tools for BO3. Some people for example are scared you won't be able to script for Black Ops 3 as well as make zombie maps.
Treyarch: 400fx limit in waw, why not make 300fx limit in bo3  :troll: t4m bo3 edition
Post by: MAK911 on April 23, 2016, 04:42:17 am
Can't blame them there. We've seen gscs in the launcher and what not, but no one is able to make a script and compile it yet I don't think. I'd be leery of it too and it would definitely suck if this would be where the mod tools fall short. I do have faith in 3arc this time around though, seeing as they are actually listening to the community with BO3.
Post by: SoulTaker on April 23, 2016, 04:47:27 am
Can't blame them there. We've seen gscs in the launcher and what not, but no one is able to make a script and compile it yet I don't think. I'd be leery of it too and it would definitely suck if this would be where the mod tools fall short. I do have faith in 3arc this time around though, seeing as they are actually listening to the community with BO3.
Well from what I know, I don't think they're able to test scripts out at the moment anyway since they can't play on the maps their making. It would be very sad if this happens to be the case.
Post by: DarkWhiss on April 23, 2016, 05:37:42 am

Unreal Engine 4 is probably the cleanest UI you can get, don't know what you're saying... (Plus it does have a 2D grid if you look hard enough.)

Though I disagree that the new Radiant looks cluttered it would be nice to have the option to go back to GTK style if you so desire.

I think the animation/FX previewer is an awesome feature. I remember going back and forth many times to get it to look the way i wanted it to. It was a pain to have to re-compile/re-build mod every time.

So far what i have seen is nothing but improvements.
Post by: DeletedUser on April 23, 2016, 08:49:04 am
Scripting is there, there is no need to worry.
Post by: animallover on April 23, 2016, 11:12:54 am
Treyarch: 400fx limit in waw, why not make 300fx limit in bo3  :troll: t4m bo3 edition
hhahahahhaha  ;D
Title: Re: Black Ops 3 Closed Mod Tools Alpha Started! + Screenshot and Videos!
Post by: jei9363 on April 23, 2016, 07:11:25 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEdt6fFt5Nk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEdt6fFt5Nk)

looks like we can get a head start while tools are in alpha  :)
Post by: FinalKill9175 on April 23, 2016, 07:23:29 pm
I also wonder if you can get assets to/from black ops 3, such as weapons, materials, models, etc.
It would be really cool to use my ports from COD 5 in BO3.
But all-in-all, I kind of dont want WaW to die, because it will literally run on anything. I personally own my own PC capable of running bo3, but not everyone who plays custom zombies does. It will sort-of split the community in half. I am also worried about the support for zombies, scripting, animating and other things BO3 will have, and how many things many people would have to learn again.

Post by: fusorf on April 23, 2016, 07:49:51 pm
What policy do you think Treyarch will apply concerning map/weapons ports of older CoD games? Will they allow that?
Post by: Scobalula on April 23, 2016, 07:58:47 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEdt6fFt5Nk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEdt6fFt5Nk)

looks like we can get a head start while tools are in alpha  :)

Yeah my thoughts exactly! Maybe map layout or something now and have a decent amount ready for it.
Post by: smasher248 on April 23, 2016, 08:06:11 pm
i wont be porting any models or textures i dont think to bo3 cause there assets are much higher quality than anything i have bar a few AW models
Post by: liamsa669 on April 23, 2016, 08:15:53 pm
am i the only one who is wondering y the people who dont map are getting the tools? i dont see people like jammy and radimax, who actually map, getting them... Sounds to me like treyarch do not want these tools going viral... i mean, seriously do we really want another variation of this:
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.gyazo.com%2Ffee9687df35319cbb003a2f8b4d7bea2.png&hash=140e64b6d0e44c3662587f93e4b6d89933b9214c)

also i heard one of the community scripters got it... idk what they r thinking, the only scripters i know that actually makes a map are ege115, awesomepieman, and BluntStuffy... and im pretty sure it wasnt either.

we might as well give cowman the tools so he can port BRIDGE V100000000.4 to it
Post by: DeletedUser on April 23, 2016, 08:27:13 pm
am i the only one who is wondering y the people who dont map are getting the tools? i dont see people like jammy and radimax, who actually map, getting them... Sounds to me like treyarch do not want these tools going viral... i mean, seriously do we really want another variation of this:
(http://i.gyazo.com/fee9687df35319cbb003a2f8b4d7bea2.png)

also i heard one of the community scripters got it... idk what they r thinking, the only scripters i know that actually makes a map are ege115, awesomepieman, and BluntStuffy... and im pretty sure it wasnt either.

we might as well give cowman the tools so he can port BRIDGE V100000000.4 to it

Who says I should release the .map to bridge? :P  :troll:

I heard that map was very famous  ;)
Post by: MAK911 on April 23, 2016, 09:35:20 pm
Who says I should release the .map to bridge? :P  :troll:

I heard that map was very famous  ;)
*infamous and I don't mean that awesome video game.
Post by: fusorf on April 23, 2016, 09:41:26 pm
(http://i.gyazo.com/fee9687df35319cbb003a2f8b4d7bea2.png)

The public beta should be out in a couple of months, so everyone will eventually get the tools :)
Post by: Bwc66930 on April 24, 2016, 12:08:51 am
The public beta should be out in a couple of months, so everyone will eventually get the tools :)
Beta mod tools, available via supply drop
.00001 percent chance of getting them
Post by: DeletedUser on April 24, 2016, 04:15:40 pm
*infamous and I don't mean that awesome video game.

Well it was well known :accepted:
Post by: GKID7891 on April 25, 2016, 12:01:21 pm

Not sure if the IW 3.0 in WaW supports realtime light rendering.

Watched some YT videos of the tools, this will be amazing for the community and I can't wait to create custom maps and servers for this game  :D I hope someone will port the BO1/BO2 maps into Black Ops 3.
Post by: DeletedUser on April 25, 2016, 12:02:58 pm
Fingers crossed I'll be able to add PhD Flopper into all the maps and maybe even put an explosive effect when the player slides :) Haha it's not sad to miss PhD Flopper this much!
Post by: CabCon on April 25, 2016, 12:24:17 pm
Not sure if the IW 3.0 in WaW supports realtime light rendering.

Watched some YT videos of the tools, this will be amazing for the community and I can't wait to create custom maps and servers for this game  :D I hope someone will port the BO1/BO2 maps into Black Ops 3.
Yeah, I hope that too. :) Someone should port Kino der toten!
Post by: GKID7891 on April 25, 2016, 12:47:35 pm
I would like to see Origins ported over and add some of the BO series, MW series and AW weapons to be used as weapon kits in zombies. Would be nice if dual wield was added to the game for the handguns.
Post by: SoulTaker on May 16, 2016, 08:07:28 pm
Some cool progress going on. :) Apparently the testers got a patch that let them compile and test their maps in offline mode. :D This is from ZCTxCHAOSx

http://prnt.sc/b4kmg7 (http://prnt.sc/b4kmg7)
Post by: GKID7891 on May 17, 2016, 04:15:39 pm
 :D
Post by: animallover on May 18, 2016, 10:19:32 pm
https://twitter.com/TheRealZeRoY/status/732375203972517888

Double Post Merge: May 18, 2016, 11:06:34 pm
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=686089603 (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=686089603)
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on May 19, 2016, 03:51:21 am
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=686089603 (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=686089603)
Looks like something from destiny
Post by: smasher248 on May 19, 2016, 08:45:13 am
Someone should port Kino der toten!

right here lol, i will be using bo3 assets though, not the ww2 stuff
Post by: RadimaX on May 19, 2016, 10:14:27 am
how bo3 modtools aplha works:
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ce0c7B4UUAAQYSz.jpg:large)
Post by: steviewonder87 on May 19, 2016, 10:23:47 am
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ce0c7B4UUAAQYSz.jpg:large)

Nah it's more like -

'Have you done any modding/mapping for COD in the last 8 years?'

'No.'

'Here you go.'
Post by: ped078 on May 19, 2016, 10:50:59 am
<<image removed>>

Absolutely superb  ;D
Post by: zeroy on May 19, 2016, 04:28:16 pm
Nah it's more like -

'Have you done any modding/mapping for COD in the last 8 years?'

'No.'

'Here you go.'

Fair comment. Without having released anything for a long I helped on a regular basis as queries always find me :) - When it comes to the alpha group, Mappers United has been a site where several Treyarch / IW devs have been posting for a long time and of course many of these Devs are from the same community we were all in. There was however a limited number of places and so yeah, we couldn't invite everyone. But fear not, we are testing a lot and progressing very well. Mods are in our minds as much as Radiant and soon we should be able to test more on that.

I'll leave you with this, not ground-breaking but Smart Coding is now included via a SublimeText Package:

(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9735628/Radiant/sublime.jpg)
Post by: Kyomu115 on May 21, 2016, 04:25:32 am
Custom BO3 zombies maps confirmed?
Post by: zeroy on May 23, 2016, 04:21:35 pm
Custom BO3 zombies maps confirmed?

The mod section has a "zm_" option so I would say it is likely yes.

(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9735628/Radiant/2016-05-23.jpg)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on May 24, 2016, 05:01:53 pm
i honestly cant believe people are still asking this question....
Post by: MAK911 on May 24, 2016, 05:58:59 pm
i honestly cant believe people are still asking this question....
Personally, I'm still leery about weapon support. I mean, will we not have custom weapons now? If we do, would it be too far to say we might even get paintshop access (that's a dream floating on a prayer, but one can hope)? We have a lot of info about radiant, but nothing else really. Also, I hope they make it a simple switch so we can use The Giant characters so we're not stuck with default SOE crew. I kind of like them, but nothing beats the OG crew.
Post by: steviewonder87 on May 24, 2016, 06:12:38 pm
I am the only one slightly concerned that the alpha testing team apparently consists of only about 5-6 people, most of whom don't do zombies at all and I presume haven't done any modding/mapping for about half a decade?

They obviously know their way around the tools, I'm not questioning their abilities, but it seems like a woefully inadequate number to be testing a product that potentially 1000s of people are going to use. ZCT Chaos is pretty much the only zombie guy that has them AFAIK, seems like a lot of responsibility to give to one man, seeing as, you know, a whole community is waiting on these tools.
Post by: Psh on May 24, 2016, 07:03:54 pm
I am the only one slightly concerned that the alpha testing team apparently consists of only about 5-6 people, most of whom don't do zombies at all and I presume haven't done any modding/mapping for about half a decade?

They obviously know their way around the tools, I'm not questioning their abilities, but it seems like a woefully inadequate number to be testing a product that potentially 1000s of people are going to use. ZCT Chaos is pretty much the only zombie guy that has them AFAIK, seems like a lot of responsibility to give to one man, seeing as, you know, a whole community is waiting on these tools.

Illuminate confirmed.
Post by: smasher248 on May 24, 2016, 07:45:04 pm
just noticed that its cod4 mappers who got it mostly not waw, even though bo3 is by 3arc, what the fuck?
Post by: GKID7891 on May 24, 2016, 08:00:46 pm
"cp" stands for campaign? If so, modders could create their own WWII mod for Black Ops 3 8)
Post by: Koan on May 24, 2016, 08:05:20 pm
There was probably a more complicated process involved than we might think. The testers are bound by non-disclosure agreements so we likely won't find out how they were selected.

Also, don't forget - this is the closed alpha, I'm willing to bet there will be an open beta soon.

Edit: I think I'm wrong. Almost all of the current testers are MappersUnited staff.
Post by: steviewonder87 on May 24, 2016, 08:26:06 pm
Edit: I think I'm wrong. Almost all of the current testers are MappersUnited staff.

Aha! Excellent sleuth work Koan, so that's how they were chosen. Was that site even active before BO3 mod tools were announced? Thought it was pretty much dead?
Post by: Koan on May 24, 2016, 08:35:29 pm
Aha! Excellent sleuth work Koan, so that's how they were chosen. Was that site even active before BO3 mod tools were announced? Thought it was pretty much dead?

According to the site they've been around since 2010, but became less active as newer CoD installments were released with no tools. Their new site has been up since late last year.
Post by: zeroy on May 25, 2016, 08:44:07 am
You guys worry too much. We are testing everything we are given and more. Interaction with Treyarch is great, we have access to many top devs daily. There is a more than 5-6 of us, a dozen at least and many staff from other Activision Studios. As soon as we know more on Zombie Modding we will let you know, same with weapon modding!
Post by: steviewonder87 on May 25, 2016, 11:42:07 am
You guys worry too much. We are testing everything we are given and more. Interaction with Treyarch is great, we have access to many top devs daily. There is a more than 5-6 of us, a dozen at least and many staff from other Activision Studios. As soon as we know more on Zombie Modding we will let you know, same with weapon modding!

Good to hear! :)
Post by: Koan on May 25, 2016, 12:06:58 pm

Awesome. Please do keep us updated on alpha progress, we're all dying to know as much as we can :P
Post by: KDXDARK on May 25, 2016, 01:16:01 pm
First of all, Welcome to the page Zeroy!  ;)

And thanks for all the information that you give us ;)
Post by: MAK911 on June 25, 2016, 05:00:37 am
https://twitter.com/ZCTxCHAOSx/status/746537734378946560
IT'S HAPPENING!
Post by: DeletedUser on June 25, 2016, 05:09:10 am
https://twitter.com/ZCTxCHAOSx/status/746537734378946560
IT'S HAPPENING!

:D i had a feeling that was gonna be the example map! thank god

Double Post Merge: June 25, 2016, 05:13:32 am
tho the amount of giant remakes will be very unfortunate...
Post by: steviewonder87 on June 25, 2016, 05:44:11 am
tho the amount of giant remakes will be very unfortunate...

My thoughts exactly.

Although, if 'The Giant remakes' replace box maps I'll be more than happy.
Post by: DeletedUser on June 25, 2016, 05:49:11 am
My thoughts exactly.

Although, if 'The Giant remakes' replace box maps I'll be more than happy.

true which im sure everyone will be alot happier with - but i await the day when someone places one new model into the map, compiles and say's check out my awesome new map! lol
Post by: steviewonder87 on June 25, 2016, 05:58:40 am
true which im sure everyone will be alot happier with - but i await the day when someone places one new model into the map, compiles and say's check out my awesome new map! lol

Adding models? More like deleting the detail and areas and releasing it as 'Der Giant: One Window Challenge' ;D
Post by: DeletedUser on June 25, 2016, 06:03:48 am
Adding models? More like deleting the detail and areas and releasing it as 'Der Giant: One Window Challenge' ;D

Shhhhh! don't give them any ideas lol
Post by: MAK911 on June 25, 2016, 06:40:42 am
Shhhhh! don't give them any ideas lol
*scribbles down notes*
Oh, don't mind me. What were you saying about models again?
Post by: DeletedUser on June 25, 2016, 07:30:02 am
*scribbles down notes*
Oh, don't mind me. What were you saying about models again?

lol o nothing i did not say anything about cough cough one room challenges or cough cough the giant the re-re-imagining
Post by: Uk_ViiPeR on June 25, 2016, 01:10:10 pm
Just incase noone has caught this yet... a little preview of custom zombies in bo3!

all thanks to UGO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M8R2AU7T6M (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M8R2AU7T6M)
Post by: mentality on June 25, 2016, 01:33:31 pm
Just incase noone has caught this yet... a little preview of custom zombies in bo3!

all thanks to UGO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M8R2AU7T6M (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M8R2AU7T6M)

@10:12

level._zombie_custom_add_weapons =&custom_add_weapons;
Post by: ProRevenge on June 25, 2016, 01:35:56 pm
Also in that script, we are only getting WaW 4, Mule Kick abd Stamin Up perk scripts by the looks of that, unless its only created those for that map but others are addable
Post by: CabCon on June 25, 2016, 01:44:19 pm
Here some more pictures:
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClxVoM_UgAADqzZ.jpg:large)
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Clw7vtZVYAQmVaq.jpg:large)
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Clw7wKLUYAAXqNc.jpg:large)
Post by: SoulTaker on June 25, 2016, 09:46:08 pm
Oh sweet lordy am I dreaming...
Post by: Dust on June 25, 2016, 11:14:31 pm
Surprised they gave us an entire zombie map as an "example" map. Figured they would just give us a very basic box map.

Cant wait to see all of The Giant remakes. lol
Post by: treminaor on June 26, 2016, 01:17:49 am
Surprised they gave us an entire zombie map as an "example" map. Figured they would just give us a very basic box map.

Cant wait to see all of The Giant remakes. lol
laziness as is typical for 3arc - would be surprised if it stays there forever because they won't want people to get access to a map that was intended only for preorders and/or see tons of remakes of The Giant.
Post by: steviewonder87 on June 26, 2016, 01:22:36 am
laziness as is typical for 3arc - would be surprised if it stays there forever because they won't want people to get access to a map that was intended only for preorders and/or see tons of remakes of The Giant.

They did provide a basic 'Sniperbolt' style map to the alpha testers, as well as the Giant .map I believe. And Wakka (the guy whose videos these are) said that the Giant .map will be given to everyone in the beta. So The Giant remakes are going to be all over the shop. I wish they gave us SOE instead, think we've seen enough of Der Reise now. ::)
Post by: MAK911 on June 26, 2016, 02:17:01 am
They did provide a basic 'Sniperbolt' style map to the alpha testers, as well as the Giant .map I believe. And Wakka (the guy whose videos these are) said that the Giant .map will be given to everyone in the beta. So The Giant remakes are going to be all over the shop. I wish they gave us SOE instead, think we've seen enough of Der Reise now. ::)
I wanted Tranzit/Town :(
Only good map worth editing.
Spoiler: click to open...
/s if you really can't tell
Post by: zeroy on June 28, 2016, 11:18:35 am

Wrong. None of the stuff in the Modtools will require DLC ownership and the Giant is very likely to remain. Since the Mod stuff isnt ranked Treyarch have no issues in releasing the content to us for modding.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on June 28, 2016, 11:50:21 am
Wrong. None of the stuff in the Modtools will require DLC ownership and the Giant is very likely to remain. Since the Mod stuff isnt ranked Treyarch have no issues in releasing the content to us for modding.
wrong

We were never given the dlc assets for bo1 and only got em for cod 4 and 5 cos they were "free" on PC - and we were given none of the zombie map files

Plus he was talking about the map "file" - not the assets - which is intended to be "bought for play" or all of us who preordered got royally shafted

They "usually" allow us to mod any map - but not give us it's map file - and those wishing to play it require the dlc ( the regular "or" modded versions )
Post by: Gabrielle on June 28, 2016, 11:59:12 am
I cannot wait for the tools to be released. Although I see a dick move of Treyarch trying to sell the tools for a bunch of money since they desperately need money. Oh well. Let's hope for a great time of modding BO3 :3
Post by: Harry Bo21 on June 28, 2016, 12:09:22 pm
I cannot wait for the tools to be released. Although I see a dick move of Treyarch trying to sell the tools for a bunch of money since they desperately need money. Oh well. Let's hope for a great time of modding BO3 :3
good thing treyarch are not the ones who sell anything - that would be activision

And they are definitely not "low on money" lol
Post by: Gabrielle on June 28, 2016, 12:51:03 pm
good thing treyarch are not the ones who sell anything - that would be activision

And they are definitely not "low on money" lol
You get what I mean lol but I wasn't 100% serious about it lol xD
Post by: steviewonder87 on June 28, 2016, 01:12:17 pm

Any clues yet whether we will have access to the raw DLC assets this time? I asked PCDEV but he didn't give a solid answer, just 'more details at a later date'.

They do realise that if they don't provide us with them, it won't stop anything, it will just mean people will use legally dubious 3rd party programs again to 'rip' the assets ourselves and will just end up requiring more work on our behalf right? Why not cut out the middle man?
Post by: steviewonder87 on June 28, 2016, 03:56:19 pm
The 3rd party software developers for those ripping tools will make a fortune off of at least 2 users who will buy the assets :troll:

Well there's a rumour there will be a free tool for everyone to use coming out shortly, so hopefully that will put an end to such shenanigans ::)

Although if IW doesn't have mod tools expect it to continue there lol.
Post by: MAK911 on June 28, 2016, 04:09:19 pm
Any clues yet whether we will have access to the raw DLC assets this time? I asked PCDEV but he didn't give a solid answer, just 'more details at a later date'.

They do realise that if they don't provide us with them, it won't stop anything, it will just mean people will use legally dubious 3rd party programs again to 'rip' the assets ourselves and will just end up requiring more work on our behalf right? Why not cut out the middle man?
Personally, I'd be more concerned about getting stuff from all the old CODs into BO3 before I worry about dlc models. I mean, if we want to fully utilize the new engine, we'll have to make some extra textures for each gun and I don't think they'll be anything but custom animations, which is ironic considering how much people normally bitch about official anims :P Sure, the dlc stuff looks nice, but there's only a little bit of it compared to all the old models that will have to be ported in if anyone wants good detailing in maps. I think pretty much anything since BO2 could be ported in would create adequate detailing for BO3.
Post by: GKID7891 on June 28, 2016, 07:20:09 pm
The BO2 weapons has a good texture quality on them indeed. IMO they are better looking than the vanilla weapons in WaW.
Post by: Scobalula on June 28, 2016, 07:37:00 pm
The BO2 weapons has a good texture quality on them indeed. IMO they are better looking than the vanilla weapons in WaW.

I would expect BO2 weapons to look better since BO2 is a 2012 game and WaW is a 2008 game. :)
Post by: GKID7891 on June 28, 2016, 08:50:01 pm
Yes, but we could still give them higher resolution and better looking textures ;)
Post by: zeroy on June 29, 2016, 01:26:16 am
As per other Modtools release I would say we will get one MP level and one Zombie Level - we are working to get more of course, if anything Models and Textures :)

Here's a level I built yesterday in under 4h with the recent Alpha Tool update we got

and the speed mapping video of it

Post by: DidUknowiPwn on June 29, 2016, 02:21:46 am
thanks  :gusta:
Post by: KDXDARK on June 29, 2016, 02:24:27 am
As per other Modtools release I would say we will get one MP level and one Zombie Level - we are working to get more of course, if anything Models and Textures :)

Here's a level I built yesterday in under 4h with the recent Alpha Tool update we got

(Content removed from quote.)
and the speed mapping video of it

(Content removed from quote.)
cool  8) thanks  :)
Post by: fear the melon on June 30, 2016, 02:54:08 pm
is there any point in me starting map on waw's modtools ? how close do you think the tools are to being in an open beta ?
Post by: Harry Bo21 on June 30, 2016, 04:03:44 pm
is there any point in me starting map on waw's modtools ? how close do you think the tools are to being in an open beta ?
theyve shown its possible to port a project from waw to bo3 so yes
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on June 30, 2016, 04:40:01 pm
theyve shown its possible to port a project from waw to bo3 so yes
Rather you should block out your level using caulk because majority (99.99%) of assets don't exist in t7 from t4.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on June 30, 2016, 04:58:01 pm
Rather you should block out your level using caulk because majority (99.99%) of assets don't exist in t7 from t4.
would have thought it obvious when i said port the map - that would also mean port the "assets used" but obv not...
Post by: sethnorris on June 30, 2016, 06:59:18 pm
I WANNA MAP OFF SO HARD MY HAND FALLS OFF
Post by: smasher248 on July 02, 2016, 09:01:47 am
would have thought it obvious when i said port the map - that would also mean port the "assets used" but obv not...

why would u want to use assets from waw at all? they will be shitty low res textures and models etc
Post by: SoulTaker on July 08, 2016, 09:13:53 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0SE9aPcXtQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0SE9aPcXtQ)

EDIT: Fixed the link to not make it look as if I did the video not sure why it turned out like as if I did.
:)
Post by: fear the melon on July 08, 2016, 10:04:52 pm
SoulTaker, seeing as you have used the mod tools and have an idea of the functionality, how long do you think it would take for them to release the tools. i am dying to grab hold of them and have a go but as i havent released anything and im not know at all in the zombies community so i wasnt allowed access.

thanks for any info and nice vid !
Post by: Koan on July 08, 2016, 10:32:52 pm
SoulTaker, seeing as you have used the mod tools and have an idea of the functionality, how long do you think it would take for them to release the tools. i am dying to grab hold of them and have a go but as i havent released anything and im not know at all in the zombies community so i wasnt allowed access.

thanks for any info and nice vid !

1. SoulTaker hasn't used the tools, he shared of one of the alpha testers' videos.

2. It'll almost certainly be after DLC season, I would guess they'll be after Infinite Warfare. Software development isn't a quick or simple process.
Post by: fear the melon on July 08, 2016, 11:22:36 pm
ah ok thanks for the info ! + damn thats so long away ! was hoping they would even have a public beta as im on school holiday and will be going to college in september so i will not have any time for the tools after then :(
Post by: SoulTaker on July 08, 2016, 11:24:38 pm
1. SoulTaker hasn't used the tools, he shared of one of the alpha testers' videos.

2. It'll almost certainly be after DLC season, I would guess they'll be after Infinite Warfare. Software development isn't a quick or simple process.
Yeah I don't have the tools I shared the link via my phone and for some reason it makes it look as if I did the video sorry for the confusion if any guys !
Post by: zeroy on July 10, 2016, 02:45:35 am
Here's a new Gameplay video with some added features (both gameplay and environment)

Post by: animallover on July 10, 2016, 12:08:41 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0SE9aPcXtQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0SE9aPcXtQ)

oh just seen someone else posted this haha sorry
Post by: LegendHugo on July 10, 2016, 10:47:16 pm
boner.
Post by: GKID7891 on July 11, 2016, 08:58:24 am
The SteamDB page has a page entry for the mod tools (https://steamdb.info/app/455130/info/).  :o

The EULA (http://store.steampowered.com//eula/455130_eula_0)
Post by: steviewonder87 on July 11, 2016, 09:25:39 am
The SteamDB page has a page entry for the mod tools (https://steamdb.info/app/455130/info/).  :o

The EULA (http://store.steampowered.com//eula/455130_eula_0)

So there are only 8 alpha testers then. :-\
Post by: GKID7891 on July 11, 2016, 09:56:28 am
Yeah, I thought it would be more of them. Maybe SteamDB isn't tracking all of them ;)
Post by: zeroy on July 11, 2016, 10:00:54 am
Maybe SteamDB isn't tracking all of them ;)

^^ This. We are hard at it and making progress.
Post by: DeletedUser on July 11, 2016, 10:31:34 am
yes there are only 8 - ive said this before - it's only people they trust aka friends and or qa/level designers - they are not gonna trust the alpha tools to anyone on here - so we must all wait patiently for beta.
Post by: GKID7891 on July 12, 2016, 11:15:48 am
Okay ;) I'm following some of you on twitter (ZCTxCHAOSx and Zeroy). Nice to see your creations :D
Post by: GKID7891 on August 02, 2016, 01:08:13 pm

The StG-44 from Origins got ported into BO3 :D Credits to Rollonmath42 and ZCTxCHAOSx.
Post by: therealwakka on August 02, 2016, 03:24:18 pm
You will see some more weapons in the next week looking at what people are doing..