UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: Psych on April 18, 2016, 03:17:58 pm

Title: Hintstring and custom gun issues due to memory limit?
Post by: Psych on April 18, 2016, 03:17:58 pm
While trying to add the bo2 guns to my contrivance mod I have encountered an interesting issue I cannot find much information on. After the complete install of the custom weapons from Nate, the guns;

-Show up in game but only if a wall buy is available. This means they are not included in the box and give all only gives you wall buy weapons

-PaP guns are not included in game as well. when PaP is used it returns no gun

-No hint strings appear in game on the custom wall buys

-The guns when purchased costs "0" points

Now This would obviously appear to be a an error in script in dlc3_code.gsc and in _zombiemode_weapons.gsc but everything is correct as I have installed these guns the exact same way 2 other times on test maps with perfect success.

Now I have heard the hint_string limit can cause issues but I do not understand how that could effect the guns not being included in the box or the PaP variants being included. Would a memory limit cause this issue even if the map runs fine with t4M installed? I am just baffled as there is not much to the installation and things are pretty simple so I do not know what the problem could be. Here are screenshots as proof the scripts are in order. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated because I am stumped.

Spoiler: click to open...
(http://i.imgur.com/8Yp9BtA.jpg)

(http://i.imgur.com/TM9xoMn.jpg)
Title: Re: Hintstring and custom gun issues due to memory limit?
Post by: HitmanVere on April 18, 2016, 03:19:40 pm
Add true in dlc3_code.gsc lines, might fix it
Post by: Psych on April 18, 2016, 03:25:09 pm
Add true in dlc3_code.gsc lines, might fix it

nope did not work unfortunately  :(
Post by: HitmanVere on April 18, 2016, 03:29:03 pm
nope did not work unfortunately  :(

Can you get the guns via console?
Post by: Psych on April 18, 2016, 03:31:41 pm
Can you get the guns via console?

No give all only gives the select guns that are wall-buys in-game (no PaP version of those though either)

WAIT! individual gun give does work...
Post by: HitmanVere on April 18, 2016, 03:35:29 pm
No give all only gives the select guns that are wall-buys in-game (no PaP version of those though either)

WAIT! individual gun give does work...

So yeah, give all works, if guns are added in scripts. You sure scripts are being loaded in mod?
Post by: Psych on April 18, 2016, 03:45:25 pm
So yeah, give all works, if guns are added in scripts. You sure scripts are being loaded in mod?

yes because when I edit the WaW guns properties within those two scripts the changes are seen in-game. The scripts are in my maps folder and checked in IWD
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on April 18, 2016, 03:56:13 pm
They're added in add_zombie_weapon by calling the engine function PrecacheItem
Post by: Psych on April 18, 2016, 04:21:13 pm
They're added in add_zombie_weapon by calling the engine function PrecacheItem

Nevermind really dumb error on my part. I forgot to rename my mod back to its original name nazi_zombie_beta instead of Contrivance and that is why the weapons were not being included because I added them to the wrong mod. Dumb error but at least it is solved thanks guys sorry about that! And thank you for giving me the idea of what the issue was

-this can be locked or deleted whatever the mods want to do with it