UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: Joeycx on April 06, 2016, 10:32:49 pm

Title: New Mappers?
Post by: Joeycx on April 06, 2016, 10:32:49 pm
I've seen a trend recently with Bo3 Mod Tools. More and more new mappers are beginning to start mapping once Bo3 Mod Tools (Maybe idk) is released. With this being said, how do you feel with more people becoming interested now more then ever and how do you feel about the new mappers coming soon? Should they start learning radiant? or should we have more tutorials for the newer mappers? (Ugx wiki ik) How will this affect newer map quality? I haven't been custom zombies for that long (since 2012) but for all you who where there when the mod tools for waw was released, how was it? and how was the mappers and maps like? just curious :)
Title: Re: New Mappers?
Post by: MAK911 on April 06, 2016, 10:44:52 pm
I don't know, but I will smack the shit out of any little fucker that tries to release a box map with BO3 mod tools.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on April 06, 2016, 10:52:44 pm
I don't know, but I will smack the shit out of any little fucker that tries to release a box map with BO3 mod tools.
better warm that hand up then - coz believe me they will pop up left right and center
Post by: Joeycx on April 06, 2016, 10:55:48 pm
better warm that hand up then - coz believe me they will pop up left right and center

I'm hoping for a map called "apothicon servant" with a buy able apothicon servant (pls don't kill me)  :troll:
Post by: Harry Bo21 on April 06, 2016, 11:28:09 pm
I'm hoping for a map called "apothicon servant" with a buy able apothicon servant (pls don't kill me)  :troll:
... too late, bullets got your name on it...

for one, when bo3 comes out - we will likely get the dev console so you can just "give" yourself it...

please think bigger...
Post by: tomikaze on April 07, 2016, 12:11:35 am
for one, when bo3 comes out - we will likely get the dev console so you can just "give" yourself it...

please think bigger...
A soul chest that gives you the Apothicon Servant courtesy of ShotgunRagtime.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on April 07, 2016, 01:12:09 am
lol i see what you did there major tom
Post by: ShotgunRagtime on April 07, 2016, 04:14:42 am
If I EVER put a soul chest in a map that I create, the mods have my 100% full permission to perma-ban me from this site.

As to OP's question:

BO3 Radiant is still Radiant. The time is NOW folks. Experienced gained here means better maps in BO3 and us not looking like imbeciles when 3arc hands over the tools.

After handing over my last map to be completed by someone who actually knows how to add features, I considered not doing anything till BO3 tools. But honestly, there's still a lot of time, may as well put it to use, get a map out and all that. Plus, I doubt 3arc will give out alpha access to anyone who hasn't released something.
Post by: Joeycx on April 07, 2016, 08:31:14 am
If I EVER put a soul chest in a map that I create, the mods have my 100% full permission to perma-ban me from this site.

As to OP's question:

BO3 Radiant is still Radiant. The time is NOW folks. Experienced gained here means better maps in BO3 and us not looking like imbeciles when 3arc hands over the tools.

After handing over my last map to be completed by someone who actually knows how to add features, I considered not doing anything till BO3 tools. But honestly, there's still a lot of time, may as well put it to use, get a map out and all that. Plus, I doubt 3arc will give out alpha access to anyone who hasn't released something.

Well put, I have high hopes for the community map makers making fantastic maps with a updated engine.
Post by: smasher248 on April 07, 2016, 08:56:20 am
im okay with bo3 box maps, it will make the maps that have had more than 1 drunk afternoon spent on them all the more appreciated
Post by: fusorf on April 07, 2016, 05:27:32 pm
I've been following A LOT of tutorials during the past week, and I have learned a lot ^^ (even if i'm not new to mapping). UGX wiki is fine but more up to date video tutorials on mapping would be awesome. Not talking about the basic ones, like set up the mod tools etc.. there are plenty of those, i'm refering to most advanced ones  (If anyone feels motivated) :)
Post by: Bwc66930 on April 07, 2016, 07:05:42 pm
 :troll: When they come out, purple box map will release :troll:
Post by: fusorf on April 08, 2016, 01:29:47 am
:troll: When they come out, purple box map will release :troll:

At least a BO3 map my computer would run...  :poker:
Post by: Tim Smith on April 08, 2016, 04:43:13 am
Well yeah i'm thinking of starting a mod tools tutorials. " more advanced " one. Back on topic. If bo3 tools accept .map files from waw then i'll move on to bo3. If not then no lol. I'm just hope it don't accept cod4 map files lol.
Post by: Joeycx on April 08, 2016, 05:02:16 am
Well yeah i'm thinking of starting a mod tools tutorials. " more advanced " one. Back on topic. If bo3 tools accept .map files from waw then i'll move on to bo3. If not then no lol. I'm just hope it don't accept cod4 map files lol.

I'm sure our devs and members here will find a quick way of converting the map file  :troll: (Box version 1.3.4.5,RayGunBox MaP BO3 mOD ToOls Edition VersION 2.6 Now WiTh jugg) (Don't kill me again)
Post by: Scobalula on April 08, 2016, 07:05:03 am

Maps created with CoD 4's or CoD 5's Radiant are the exact same, and both will accept map files from each other, so if they allow CoD 5 maps, CoD 4 maps will work.