UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Modding => Topic started by: ProRevenge on April 06, 2016, 04:52:04 pm

Title: How to use Colour detail, or Alpha, to apply colour to guns where it should be?
Post by: ProRevenge on April 06, 2016, 04:52:04 pm
So im converting the images for the MW2 M1014, and as we know parts of it are an olive drab green colour.
Well, the colour map for the gun comes with those bits in white, and the green colour comes as an 8x8 colour map.
Now how do I get the green to apply to the bits where it should be on the gun?
When using colour detail map in Assman, it turns it green, but the rest of the gun goes black.
Ive been told its to do with the images Alpha channel.
Now when I use the image WITH alpha, I get the correct green, but the rest of the gun goes black.
Also with Alpha, its impossible to make normal/cosine/spec maps as 80% of the image shows as blank...
But without Alpha, the green does not show.

So the question is, do I somehow work magic with Assman to get the green to show, but still allow me to remove Alpha to make nor/cos/spec maps, or do I somehow add the colour to the Alpha of the image, or the image in image editing software (bear in mind I don't have PS, only GIMP or Paint.net)
Title: Re: How to use Colour detail, or Alpha, to apply colour to guns where it should be?
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on April 06, 2016, 07:29:26 pm
There should be a button next to color map that says camo or some shit. Select that and a new area for the detail map will show. You put that texture in there and size to the size of the image.
Title: Re: How to use Colour detail, or Alpha, to apply colour to guns where it should be?
Post by: Harry Bo21 on April 06, 2016, 07:31:52 pm
There should be a button next to color map that says camo or some shit. Select that and a new area for the detail map will show. You put that texture in there and size to the size of the image.
have to tick "multiplayer weapon" in assman

I've mentioned this a few times but certain people disagree with it lol
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on April 06, 2016, 07:35:04 pm
Yeah that thing wasn't at my desktop so I couldn't tell you for sure.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on April 06, 2016, 07:39:13 pm
Yeah that thing wasn't at my desktop so I couldn't tell you for sure.
i used this method on my m14 and everyone calls it wrong lol

I say that there is a difference it's a difference between how waw and bo1 apply the blend to the two images