UGX-Mods

Everything Else => Computer Tech => Topic started by: Rorke on April 06, 2016, 02:44:17 pm

Title: custom built pc bleeps
Post by: Rorke on April 06, 2016, 02:44:17 pm
i have built a desktop (yes i game on a laptop time to upgrade to a desktop) but when i turn it on it bleeps with no display then turns itself off like ive just had a power cut ive checked the ram, CPU, HDD, fans are all connected but it bleeps i also get CMOS battery failure and CMOS error? dont know what that is i changed the battery which appears to have fixed it but not the bleeping
Title: Re: custom built pc bleeps
Post by: Alerion on April 06, 2016, 03:13:29 pm
I'm not sure if that counts for newer mainboards too, but older ones were pretty much dead if you removed the battery..
Post by: Rorke on April 06, 2016, 03:36:10 pm
I'm not sure if that counts for newer mainboards too, but older ones were pretty much dead if you removed the battery..
well it appears ive fixed the bleeping sounded like it didnt like my ethernet card but all i need to get now is a keyboard usb one and see what the GPU can do
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on April 11, 2016, 06:48:27 pm
Could check the motherboard it should display an error code. If there's no display then research on your motherboards manual.
Post by: Khedryn on April 11, 2016, 08:05:19 pm
Try this, if these aren't suitable look u your Mobo specifically.

www.computerhope.com/beep (http://www.computerhope.com/beep)

And you can remove a Bios battery, at times it is necessary to do so. To have Bios/CMOS reset. you remove battery with power cord undone from PSU. than click your power button to drain remaining energy throughout system. Before reinserting battery.

Post by: Rorke on April 12, 2016, 01:10:55 am
Could check the motherboard it should display an error code. If there's no display then research on your motherboards manual.
i fixed it it was wireless card for some reason