UGX-Mods

UGX-Mods => Giveaways => Topic started by: treminaor on September 05, 2013, 02:57:52 am

Title: UGX-Mods 10,000 Member Giveaway Contest! CONCLUDED
Post by: treminaor on September 05, 2013, 02:57:52 am
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fugx-mods.com%2Fimages%2Fgeneral%2Fforum%2F10000%2520Logo.png&hash=7c905bb6370b5021ffc3bea979d73b47935f396e)

> WINNERS ANNOUNCED HERE (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1114.0) <

I want to start by saying that for those who remember our
5000 Member Celebration (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=911.0) topic, I said we would be doing a contest for the event. We never really had the time to get this organized and by the time we were ready, 5000 was long gone. I'm sorry that we missed this contest, but here's one to make up for it :)

How to Enter

The UGX-Mods team is constantly striving to provide the best possible forum experience to our members. Keeping in-tune with this ideology, we want to hear directly from YOU, the user, about suggestions for our website, our programs, and/or the rest of the UGX community. This contest is all about ensuring that this website serves its community in the best way possible.

The suggestion(s) must be realistic, reasonable, and feasible. Ridiculous or non-serious suggestions will not be counted.

This is not the place for UGX Mod feature suggestions! Post here (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=718.0) instead.

Some suggestions might include:
  • New board categories or changes to existing boards (specify their names and why they should be created/changed)
  • Changes to the home page (Specify what should be added or changed, and why)
  • Changes to the site logo (must provide drawn or mock-up example)
  • Changes to the site background image (NOT something you found on Google - must be hand-made in Photoshop or on paper)
  • Feature suggestions for the UGX Map Manager or any of our other programs (Be specific and provide reasons)
  • Anything else you can think of.

If you aren't specific with your reasoning, we won't consider your suggestion and it will not be counted.

Contest Rules

• The contest will end as soon as the website reaches 10,000 members, or until 12 days has passed. Whichever one takes longer.
  • You are not limited to one suggestion - post as many as you can come up with. As long as each one fits within the rules, it will be considered.
  • We will look for the most creative, insightful, and practical ideas to determine the winners.
  • The winners will be chosen by the UGX-Mods staff.
  • If the same suggestion (or one that is very similar) is given multiple times by different people, only very first person will be counted.
  • If two people pose similar ideas, we will choose the version of the idea that is most developed, practical, and creative.
  • Just because you didn't win the contest does NOT mean we do not appreciate your suggestions! We love to hear from the community, and I'm sure will be implementing more than just the winners' suggestions.

What do I Win?

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fugx-mods.com%2Fimages%2Fgeneral%2Fforum%2F10000%2520Members.png&hash=ceef4952190d350e2e8d553f52b2d9f60d41c964)
Title: Re: UGX-Mods 10,000 Member Giveaway Contest!
Post by: lilportnoy on September 05, 2013, 03:54:36 am
I don't know if I'm supposed to post here for the 10,000 deal but I'll do it anyway. Something that I'd like to see is nothing! I think UGX is doing awesome. More maps would be nice but other than that its great.i do run into a few download issues where a map won't load or I get caught up in ads and such but I can usually figure it out. I did notice a few times that I have server connection issues when trying to connect with the site, I just got a new i7 Samsung laptop that works like a dream so I doubt that's the problem. Anyway, keep up the good work and keep doin what y'all are doin. Good luck to the winner as well!
Post by: theArcheaon on September 05, 2013, 04:03:55 am
I'd personally would love to see a ugx iOS app for iPhone and iPad.  :rainbow:
Showing new custom zombies maps and a cool feature where if you have wifi you could download a map on your iOS device and it would appear installed on your world at war directory.

It would also be a fast way to show off new maps by users and would be easier to use the forum site.
Post by: ToxicZombie2342 on September 05, 2013, 04:06:38 am
one thing that i would like to see added to the home page is an area where you could see maybe like the top user rated maps, or  top downloaded maps
Post by: tomikaze on September 05, 2013, 04:22:59 am
I think it would be cool if once a week or once a month one or more UGX Team Members would play a game of zombies with a couple lucky members, record the footage and post it on the front page or in a designated section of the site.  I think that kind of interaction would be very cool.
Post by: Thenameiuse on September 05, 2013, 04:25:59 am
Here's a thought, an in-game chat box that shows all the people online in the region. You can talk to them and see who wants to do a certain map without having to go on forums. Get a full group and do all the easter eggs. I love doing the easter eggs, but I can't seem to find anyone who wants to do the same maps as me. Another idea, why not have a form of scavenger perk. Maybe for every x amount of zombies killed you get another magazine or so. That's all I can think about, and even if I don't win I wouldn't mind having those features added.
Post by: FallenKnight666 on September 05, 2013, 04:32:34 am
I'd like to see some streams with forum members. Also some challenges made by the staff to win some cool and neat prizes at least once or twice a month. I think the map manager needs a little work like the launch maps option be easier to access from the main area. Everything else is good just add a challenge section to the forums and some cool prizes and this website would be flawless.
Post by: TGJake on September 05, 2013, 04:53:27 am
I would like to see more opportunities to play with fellow zombies players on this website. Such as website admins or random people. Just a community thing a couple times a month where everyone can get together and play and have a great time. That would be really cool
Post by: popcorn897 on September 05, 2013, 04:55:03 am
An Off Topic board would be nice as a place to discuss music, images, videos, projects, and games, possibly separated depending on if they are related to Nazi Zombies.
Also I think people should be able to give a map review a fairness vote like x/10 and it could help determine how fair a review is and if they are biased or not.
Post by: treminaor on September 05, 2013, 04:58:40 am
Some really great suggestions so far! I can already tell this is going to be really beneficial for both the site and it's users. Keep those suggestions coming!

all i want is just newer and cooler maps to have fun on with my friends and some challenging ones too.
This is not what the focus of the topic is about. We are trying to improve the usability of the website - we know you guys like maps already :D

Post by: DeletedUser on September 05, 2013, 05:05:08 am
Crap, I'm out of suggestion ideas
Post by: mini0013xx on September 05, 2013, 05:05:24 am
My suggestion to UGX-Mods, probably to make a full on tutorial on how to make a CoD WaW singleplayer map, teaching everything from animation to spawning to scripting and such. (However, doesn't have to be intense. Using box maps for learning would be fine too). We've got enough zombies stuff as it is anyway. Gotta spice it up somehow. ;)
Post by: Parker on September 05, 2013, 05:18:22 am
I'd like to see an option in the UGX Map Program for setting your own AppData folder, and not your stock users/appdata folder.

I'd like to see as many weapons as possible in the next maps, and possibly a few tweaks to allow EVEN more weapons and features, breaking the limits somehow. This is realistic because we've all seen it happen; right on this site.

I'd like to see more frequent updates... No disrespect at all, homies, but it's been a long time.

I'm actually very poor irl so please fund my gaming experiences so I can go on living as a happy minor.
Post by: DeletedUser on September 05, 2013, 05:22:38 am
I'd like to see an option in the UGX Map Program for setting your own AppData folder, and not your stock users/appdata folder.

I'd like to see as many weapons as possible in the next maps, and possibly a few tweaks to allow EVEN more weapons and features, breaking the limits somehow. This is realistic because we've all seen it happen; right on this site.

I'd like to see more frequent updates... No disrespect at all, homies, but it's been a long time.

I'm actually very poor irl so please fund my gaming experiences so I can go on living as a happy minor.
WaW limits cant be broken D:
Post by: treminaor on September 05, 2013, 05:25:23 am
There's an easy way to do this, which can be seen here (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=835.msg7581#msg7581) :)
Post by: 90Dboy on September 05, 2013, 05:33:39 am
I would like an option to change Brutus into Vonderhaar. That is actually my only idea.
Post by: treminaor on September 05, 2013, 05:38:20 am
I would like an option to change Brutus into Vonderhaar. That is actually my only idea.
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FycJ12Ff.png&hash=343f201a89e8b386967ebcb1a02279ff6477e742)
Post by: DeletedUser on September 05, 2013, 05:55:32 am
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FycJ12Ff.png&hash=343f201a89e8b386967ebcb1a02279ff6477e742)
What about Nicolas Cage Brutus? :D
Post by: Beugelaa on September 05, 2013, 07:09:55 am
An app for the smartphones and tablets would be absolutely gorgeous!!.
So we could the news and the forum from there.! =D
Post by: moonmaster1 on September 05, 2013, 09:01:05 am
WaW limits cant be broken D:

Everything in this world is made to be broken, the WaW limits definitely have been broken. Otherwise Mr. Elemental would be merely a work of our imaginations.

As crude as the suggestion sounds, I'd like to see a few more forum themes. Perhaps dictated with a question (Ex. Metal Gear Solid 3) on what your favorite treyarch game is when you sign up (Can Always be changed later in account settings. For Example.

1.I like WaW
2.Black ops Is my Favorite
3.Black ops 2 is the first Game I've played in the series.
4.Nicolas Cage is our Zombie Savior.

Simple Amount of work and a great facelift will breathe new life into these boards, not that you guys were hurting for site traffic to begin wih. :p
Post by: daedra descent on September 05, 2013, 09:33:24 am
1. More tutorials on the Wiki, including the basics, and some advanced stuff.

2. A forum category for talking everything computers, electronics, ETC.

3. Asylum and Sumpf styles added to the UGX script placer, as well as an additional "options" tab for placing some of the basic scripts.
Post by: maniaca4 on September 05, 2013, 10:25:03 am
I would like to see a forum thread for trying to join multiplayer games
Post by: DeletedUser on September 05, 2013, 10:38:21 am
Okay...
First off, it'd be awesome if under the 'members' section, once clicked on, you could go into a subsection, where members who have posted, PS3, XBOX and Steam Gamertags can be found, so a subcatogary where it says the username, then the gamertag for each account.

Secondly, make the background image higher, not too different, but make it a parallax (not sure if said correctly), so as you scroll, the background, goes with you at a slight offset, which can change depending on the length of the page.

I'd also make the recent announcement and recent activity boxes on the front page slightly larger, so you can understand more what is being talked about, I feel they are slightly too small as they are.

You could make a whole new board for 'Videos' where we could see thumbnails to all of the UGX videos, and have another section for user videos they wish to share.

Mabey add hotlinks to the map images in the background so when clicked on it links to the map manager.

Something I suggested ages a go also, when you do not have an account and try to view spoiler content, it just says you are not permitted to view, maybe add a link to sign up there, encouraging people to sign up and view it..

Anyway that's all I got for the moment :)

Post by: Alvar007 on September 05, 2013, 10:53:55 am
Something really cool would be if the prizes were for all people and not just for 3 persons. $20 for all!!!!
Post by: Parker on September 05, 2013, 12:04:41 pm
I know the problem!

If you're playing on Steam - remove Steam. Gaben is personally messing with you.

If you're playing CD/DVD - Remove everything and convert to Win95 Studio Beta 0.983. It's literally the ONLY way :c

If you're playing cracked - ...You have almost the same experience as anyone with anything, except no normal multiplayer.
Post by: CameronMiller on September 05, 2013, 12:11:29 pm
I think it'd be great if you could make the map manager the same theme as the website. Make it dark and the writing blood red. That'd be cooler than the default white.
Post by: ItsTacoNight on September 05, 2013, 12:21:41 pm
I would like to see a forum where u can post ur videos of custom zombies and talk about YouTube so more ppl can calibrate with each other to make videos because they both like UGX so they both like the map.
Post by: Piekiller15 on September 05, 2013, 12:23:42 pm
 :lol: I would like to see a zombie survile guide.  :rainbow: A zombie remake section of maps.  :nyan:
Post by: the_bright on September 05, 2013, 01:43:27 pm
fix the register mail, me and my friend got it a long time after
Post by: Zombiejelly on September 05, 2013, 01:45:56 pm
Don't know if it exists already but it would be cool if there was a different method to find players to play with on custom maps on the ugx map downloader
Post by: exp on September 05, 2013, 02:30:04 pm
I'd would like to see Tutorials about the Game and maybe more fun maps with UGX Mod...
Post by: DeletedUser on September 05, 2013, 02:32:49 pm
I'd would like to see Tutorials about the Game and maybe more fun maps with UGX Mod...
Mappers make maps with ugx mod. The ugx team just deliver the mod for mappers.
Post by: Mr_Warpy on September 05, 2013, 03:53:56 pm
i would like to see more custom zombies maps like you add maps who are made from an other site maybe so the player has more maps to choose from and don't have to search for them on the internet :D

i know my english is bad and i know i don't use dots or anything because yeah i'm from belgium and i don't even use it in my own leanguage so i'm sorry for that but other then that the program works fine :D
Post by: DeletedUser on September 05, 2013, 07:20:26 pm
I would like to see some more sub headings for the zombie maps. Not just wip and releases, more organized headings that give a general description of the maps.
Post by: MrDerp2012 on September 05, 2013, 07:29:19 pm
I would love it if the launcher had more maps and categories like maps from UGX and you could search one up like "UGX Christmas" for easier finding and you could add more maps
Post by: DeletedUser on September 05, 2013, 07:49:29 pm
Id like it if the challenges on all the maps were linked (maybe to a ugx or steam account? I dunno) so that any levels/unlocks you got carried over to all the maps. Not sure if that's even possible, but it would be nice.

Also, a section on the forums for finding people who want to play.
Post by: treminaor on September 05, 2013, 07:51:45 pm
Id like it if the challenges on all the maps were linked (maybe to a ugx or steam account? I dunno) so that any levels/unlocks you got carried over to all the maps. Not sure if that's even possible, but it would be nice.
We have considered doing something like this, but the problem is that not all maps are created equal. Some maps are going to be naturally easier than others, they may have camping areas, they may be exploitable, etc, and we don't want that to carry over into a map that doesn't have these issues. Having a high rank on Comosea is a lot different than having a high rank on the Magnus Map, for example.

We may do some global ranking for certain hand-approved maps, but definitely not all of them. Only the future will tell.
Post by: MysteryBox123 on September 05, 2013, 07:52:13 pm
I think that there should be some organized game playing such as a zombies night.  This would be kind of cool because UGX members could play with other UGX members and play UGX maps.  This could also lead to recognition on youtube as many people run youtube channels.  Admins could participate as well to help moderate games and have some fun.  I hope you consider this idea and thanks for reading.
Post by: timboiscool on September 05, 2013, 08:00:03 pm
Maybe some zombie minigames on the website where you can battle between the forum members and see who's the best :P
Post by: Dust on September 05, 2013, 09:06:59 pm
maybe you could make a youtube forum. so any member could record some videos on the maps, and upload them here so other members can look at it before downloading it, and then they could get some exposure on their youtube channel. cause we got some great youtubers who dont get exposed enough.
Post by: blokebmx on September 05, 2013, 10:15:41 pm
So far Im super excited to have found the UGX community and there mods, Great work BTW, Im no modder in anyway wish i was just don't have the time, but i have always wondered why someone hasn't made a mod for zombies where the map was as close as possible to an open world(obvious will have it's limit where you can't continue) and where you could use vehicles, Ie Jeeps with mounted 30. cal or 50. cal, tanks or just Lav's, having the ability to customize weapons as you would be able to in multi-player, and possibly set it up where you able to fortify a position and kind of, have that horde mod feel, but also have objectives on the map which i've seen some maps try and do, but im talking more in-depth where you have to find a key to open a armory, and from there move 3 clicks west to find aid supplies or "perks" and really have that feeling of move or die or just be ready for a real fight, but something ive really wanted to see for a long time in a zombie maps is every single weapon ever used on a cod game, (I understand there might be a limit on thee amount of weapons that can be incorporated into the game, by a script limit or protocol) but lets get real that would be FUCKING RAD to see in a zombie game, i can even set the theme for you guys, If you may recall the Museum map on MW2 i believe, where you can pick from a selection of guns and there press the red button and fight all the solider (models) throughout the map, something similar to that would be pretty epic for Zombies, and if you included and outside area which could house vehicles and chopper's(probably unrealistic in a cod game   :-\) and other goodies to make the game highly re-playable but sorry for the rant and its just something I've wanted to do but i can't due to my lack of modding knowledge and know how, and TIME! big one haha but being able to bring a world that you can play Map by map but as your progress through each map its almost like a campaign. But yeah i digress haha in other words keep up the Awesome work, and Cheers to all the modders at UGX who make PC gaming what it is and always will be!  -That one Bloke
Post by: daedra descent on September 05, 2013, 10:46:54 pm
So far Im super excited to have found the UGX community and there mods, Great work BTW, Im no modder in anyway wish i was just don't have the time, but i have always wondered why someone hasn't made a mod for zombies where the map was as close as possible to an open world(obvious will have it's limit where you can't continue) and where you could use vehicles, Ie Jeeps with mounted 30. cal or 50. cal, tanks or just Lav's, having the ability to customize weapons as you would be able to in multi-player, and possibly set it up where you able to fortify a position and kind of, have that horde mod feel, but also have objectives on the map which i've seen some maps try and do, but im talking more in-depth where you have to find a key to open a armory, and from there move 3 clicks west to find aid supplies or "perks" and really have that feeling of move or die or just be ready for a real fight, but something ive really wanted to see for a long time in a zombie maps is every single weapon ever used on a cod game, (I understand there might be a limit on thee amount of weapons that can be incorporated into the game, by a script limit or protocol) but lets get real that would be FUCKING RAD to see in a zombie game, i can even set the theme for you guys, If you may recall the Museum map on MW2 i believe, where you can pick from a selection of guns and there press the red button and fight all the solider (models) throughout the map, something similar to that would be pretty epic for Zombies, and if you included and outside area which could house vehicles and chopper's(probably unrealistic in a cod game   :-\) and other goodies to make the game highly re-playable but sorry for the rant and its just something I've wanted to do but i can't due to my lack of modding knowledge and know how, and TIME! big one haha but being able to bring a world that you can play Map by map but as your progress through each map its almost like a campaign. But yeah i digress haha in other words keep up the Awesome work, and Cheers to all the modders at UGX who make PC gaming what it is and always will be!  -That one Bloke

Walls of text hurt my eyes.

ANYWAY, If you even attempted to download the mod tools and tried modding, then you would understand why nearly all of what you said isn't possible. By the time DLC3 content is added, I would assume that 370 or some FX is added out of a max of 400.

Mind you, things like dogs and such can be removed to save space, but it's still not possible to create a large scale-well detailed custom zombie map like in Black Ops 2. The only reason they can even manage THAT is because of all the engine tweaking. Tweaking that the modding community isn't capable of doing due to lack of access to the engine itself.
Post by: SajeOne on September 05, 2013, 10:51:25 pm
Thanks for spending the time to write out the message but map/mod suggestions in the contest entries don't count. As for the idea itself as daedra said the limits of the engine just wouldn't do something like this very well, mind something like it would be possible with a significant amount of work. I would look up "The Rising Mod". It's a mod for MP that lets you play zombies on the MP maps. The mp maps are about as big as you are gonna get with an open map like you are talking about, like the map airfield for instance.
Post by: popcorn897 on September 05, 2013, 10:58:22 pm
maybe you could make a youtube forum. so any member could record some videos on the maps, and upload them here so other members can look at it before downloading it, and then they could get some exposure on their youtube channel. cause we got some great youtubers who dont get exposed enough.
That's what I'm saying with the off topic section. :P
Post by: speedboat on September 06, 2013, 12:00:14 am
I think there should be a guide on how to be able to download maps. It took me awhile to figure out to download the program that allowed you to get the maps
Post by: SajeOne on September 06, 2013, 12:03:41 am
I think there should be a guide on how to be able to download maps. It took me awhile to figure out to download the program that allowed you to get the maps
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=694.0 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=694.0)
Post by: Goku12355 on September 06, 2013, 01:15:16 am
Well what I like to see differently is the maps to be able to download off the web instead of the Download manager. Overall the webiste is satisfying.
Post by: HUSKERFAN100 on September 06, 2013, 01:48:31 am
I would like to see a ugx-mods app for phones, Ipods and Ipads. I would also like to be able to download some of these maps I still don't know how.
Post by: blokebmx on September 06, 2013, 07:58:05 pm
Yea I had the impression that there was a limit on the engine holding it back which makes perfect sense, and i think i have played "the rising" but ill look into it again and see if i have, and i noticed after i posted it that it didn't follow the guidelines to the topic but i figured id just leave it on, as for improving the website, id say this is one of the best sites ive downloaded from for speed :D which is great but a bigger catalog of maps would be nice, but i won't complain with what is available because anything with a UGX mod is highly replayable! also look into "Redline" Mark Zweimann (http://www.youtube.com/user/zwei2mann (http://www.youtube.com/user/zwei2mann)) is making a pretty promising mod for WAW and it would be sick to incorporate zombies into a scale like that, but probably impractical. But that's just my say on the matter.

Happy Hunting -That One Bloke
Post by: SajeOne on September 06, 2013, 08:06:09 pm
a bigger catalog of maps would be nice
Sadly that's up to the mappers if they wanna post here or not, which many do not.
Post by: blokebmx on September 06, 2013, 08:11:49 pm
Sadly that's up to the mappers if they wanna post here or not, which many do not.

Yea its understandable, but im very happy with the maps you guys provide and the site is always up and working well and quick same with DL speeds :)
Post by: Mr. Bubbles on September 07, 2013, 03:28:19 am
I think the homepage could use a major change. It looks alright, but I think it could definitely use some tweaks. The layout is simple, but personally, I believe too simple. Make it easier to interface with and make it snazzier for any weary  internet travelers in need of rest. I went in Photoshop and did a little demo that I think is, at least base for a universally better and easier web page. Please feel free to leave any feedback. Like I said, its only a base platform to build upon.  I love UGX and I just want it to be the best it can.

http://imgur.com/tH68acr (http://imgur.com/tH68acr)
Post by: treminaor on September 07, 2013, 03:31:23 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Post by: popcorn897 on September 07, 2013, 03:44:19 am

That's it. We're done. Go home everyone. It's all over.
Post by: DeletedUser on September 07, 2013, 08:56:19 am
WINS
Post by: DeletedUser on September 07, 2013, 10:52:48 am
One second looking and a winner was agreed..!
Post by: DeletedUser on September 07, 2013, 03:48:16 pm

I think we have a winner.
Post by: popcorn897 on September 07, 2013, 09:09:37 pm
I think it's unanimous
Post by: treminaor on September 08, 2013, 12:00:55 am
We've hit 10,000 members. The contest will continue for another week.
Post by: BadBoyHarry98 on September 08, 2013, 01:58:56 pm
I Think The Website Should have an instagram due to how many people use instagram now instead of facebook and twitter. this would not only increase in website veiws but their would be more members and followers. Also they will discover we have a youtube, facebook, and twitter. then you'll gian more followers and subcribers on those sites as well.
Post by: DeletedUser on September 08, 2013, 02:03:10 pm
I Think The Website Should have an instagram due to how many people use instagram now instead of facebook and twitter. this would not only increase in website veiws but their would be more members and followers. Also they will discover we have a youtube, facebook, and twitter. then you'll gian more followers and subcribers on those sites as well.
Instagram? Might be a way to show sneak peeks of the new stuff.
Post by: moomanVG on September 09, 2013, 01:31:41 am
and add custom content to wiki plus mappers custom content can be added on the wiki
Post by: n123q45 on September 09, 2013, 02:32:47 am
I say a group project where ugx works with the community to make the best zombie map, where people get told to do a certain part of a map, and in the end put it all in one map and have fun. This will be fun for the whole community plus will help out making ugx way more popular than zombiemodding and tmg could ever be

Post Merge: September 09, 2013, 02:38:51 am
Also after(key word) you guys are done with 1.1 you should put more tutorials in your wiki. Compaired to modsresportory and customcod you guys have nothing
Post by: treminaor on September 09, 2013, 06:21:09 am
Again, this thread is not for UGX Mod feature suggestions. If you have a feature suggestion, reply to the official WIP topic for the v1.1 update in the Work in Progress section. I have gone through and removed any posts related to feature suggestions in this topic.

I will add a note to the first post since this apparently isn't clear enough for some.

Thank you everyone for your participation thus far, really happy to hear these suggestions and I look forward to making this site a better place for everyone.
Post by: gunzrule2011 on September 09, 2013, 07:46:12 am
i think you should put maps that are download allot into the ugx map manager  :gusta:
Post by: SajeOne on September 09, 2013, 10:53:54 am
i think you should put maps that are download allot into the ugx map manager  :gusta:
That's not up to us. Mappers that post their maps on UGX will get the maps on the manager, which many do not.
Post by: DeletedUser on September 09, 2013, 07:30:25 pm
Chat as Chrome plugin or sidebar.
More mobile-friendly version of the site. Cant write a post until i quote something.
Post by: treminaor on September 09, 2013, 07:32:23 pm
Cant write a post until i quote something.
Huh?
Post by: ANGEL_ANIMOSITY on September 09, 2013, 08:48:40 pm
I think it would be pretty cool if there was direct links for tutorials that are commonly asked by users or are voted on and it would be pretty cool, if you had a poll for a new video topic every month or so.
Post by: SajeOne on September 09, 2013, 08:50:41 pm
I think it would be pretty cool if there was direct links for tutorials that are commonly asked by users or are voted on and it would be pretty cool, if you had a poll for a new video topic every month or so.
What I'm kinda getting out of this is we would have a poll or ask every once and a while what tutorials people like and then make one based on the results? That sounds interesting if that's what you meant.
Post by: DeletedUser on September 10, 2013, 01:35:02 am
Huh?
Think hes saying that on his phone he cant post unless he quotes someone.
Post by: DeletedUser on September 10, 2013, 05:22:59 am
Think hes saying that on his phone he cant post unless he quotes someone.
Thats right.
Post by: Striker on September 10, 2013, 08:19:19 am
I like UGX MODS but i think their applications need to be on github! And i would like to mame possible mods for BOI & BOII

Congratulations UGX MODS!!
Post by: lasergray on September 10, 2013, 09:26:11 am
Everything is great and nothing much can be suggested from me but how bout, let's say make a competition on who makes the best map can be an official ugx map or you can ask other professional mappers to map a map that can become an offiical ugx map, i suggested this because it has been long since ugx released a map and i love the detail in ugx maps. Congratulations for gaining so much members!
Post by: moomanVG on September 10, 2013, 11:24:38 am
with the gift card i'll get WaW
Post by: SajeOne on September 10, 2013, 12:06:30 pm
Thats right.
I'm running android 4.0 and it works for me.
Post by: DeletedUser on September 10, 2013, 03:23:03 pm
I'm running android 4.0 and it works for me.
iOS here.
Post by: treminaor on September 10, 2013, 03:34:52 pm
iOS here.
Works fine for me in iOS.
Post by: DeletedUser on September 10, 2013, 04:06:42 pm
Works fine for me in iOS.
Then maybe its just my iphone 4 :P
Post by: Dust on September 10, 2013, 05:46:01 pm
Everything is great and nothing much can be suggested from me but how bout, let's say make a competition on who makes the best map can be an official ugx map or you can ask other professional mappers to map a map that can become an offiical ugx map, i suggested this because it has been long since ugx released a map and i love the detail in ugx maps. Congratulations for gaining so much members!

didnt they just do a contest like that?
Post by: DeletedUser on September 10, 2013, 06:38:25 pm
didnt they just do a contest like that?
And did I just got 2nd place in it?
Post by: lasergray on September 11, 2013, 01:07:33 am
And did I just got 2nd place in it?

I don't mean that kind of competition where you compete for prizes and your map would be released in the map manager as an Unofficial UGX map, i meant a competition where you compete for your map to become an Official UGX map.
Post by: SajeOne on September 11, 2013, 01:56:37 am
I don't mean that kind of competition where you compete for prizes and your map would be released in the map manager as an Unofficial UGX map, i meant a competition where you compete for your map to become an Official UGX map.
For a map to be official it has to be created by the UGX team.
Post by: P.S.M. on September 12, 2013, 08:47:19 am
I'd like to see a Section in this web called Leaderboards which you can be in there by just getting into an high round in a UGX Official Map and the first on that leaderboard will get a Badge or a special price just for having some dedication.
You need to post a video or a photo to be in there.

The Website design needs MOAR BLOOD AND EXPLOSIONS! (COMIC SANS PLS)
Post by: JacobTrollston on September 12, 2013, 09:26:57 pm
i'd like to see a steam key drop thread hosted by the generous people of the forum, i'd also like to see an android app designed for tablets to make it easier to reply
Post by: ANGEL_ANIMOSITY on September 12, 2013, 10:29:39 pm
What I'm kinda getting out of this is we would have a poll or ask every once and a while what tutorials people like and then make one based on the results? That sounds interesting if that's what you meant.
Yea thats pretty much what I ment
Post by: treminaor on September 13, 2013, 01:17:11 am
Contest will end around this time tomorrow - winners will be chosen some time afterward.
Post by: moomanVG on September 13, 2013, 06:55:50 pm
can there be a community map rating system?
Post by: treminaor on September 13, 2013, 06:59:20 pm
can there be a community map rating system?
Yes, there can! :)
Post by: tomikaze on September 13, 2013, 07:18:54 pm
I think it'd be cool if there we're a list of challenges that the UGX team came up with or map makers could do it for their own map. And anyone who can prove they got the achievement could get their name added to the list of people who have done it.
Examples: If a map has a pretty small starting room one of the achievements could be to survive 10 minutes on times gameplay, another could be to get 100 headshots in one game, etc.
It would be awesome if a mapper made it so that his map had a bunch of achievement to get and the player would be notified on screen when each were accomplished, but that is for another conversation I suppose.
The main point would be that this section of the website would exist so that people could check it regularly to see what new challenges have been added and to see how many they can accomplish and also you can se who else is doing them as well.
Post by: SajeOne on September 13, 2013, 08:24:59 pm
Well we already have a full challenge system so that wouldn't be far off.
Post by: treminaor on September 13, 2013, 10:09:44 pm
Contest will conclude in a couple hours! Big thanks to everyone who has participated so far!
Post by: treminaor on September 14, 2013, 01:16:49 am
Alright guys, contest is closed. Results will be announced soon.