UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: GeneralJJ on September 04, 2013, 11:11:37 pm

Title: Couple 'Zone' Questions...
Post by: GeneralJJ on September 04, 2013, 11:11:37 pm
Ok,

1. Can u cut up an info_volume brush like u do the playable area trigger (although u make the brushes then make it the trigger I know) and it work as 1? I made 2 volumes and gave them the same KVPS so that it covers 1 zone, and doesn't overlap into another zone. But by doing this, it  gives both volumes a set of lines to the spawners

B. Do the riser/dogs script_structs have to been in the info volume to work ?

Cheers
Title: Re: Couple 'Zone' Questions...
Post by: SajeOne on September 04, 2013, 11:41:16 pm
Ok,

1. Can u cut up an info_volume brush like u do the playable area trigger (although u make the brushes then make it the trigger I know) and it work as 1? I made 2 volumes and gave them the same KVPS so that it covers 1 zone, and doesn't overlap into another zone. But by doing this, it  gives both volumes a set of lines to the spawners

B. Do the riser/dogs script_structs have to been in the info volume to work ?

Cheers

1. You can create multiple info volumes with the same KVP's and then you'll see your spawners connect to each of them, but as you said make sure they don't overlap.

2. Shouldn't have to be no, as they have the KVP for that zone so in code the game knows when that zone is activated any spawner with the spawner kvp for that zone should start spawning.
Post by: GeneralJJ on September 05, 2013, 06:44:37 am
2. Shouldn't have to be no, as they have the KVP for that zone so in code the game knows when that zone is activated any spawner with the spawner kvp for that zone should start spawning.

I understand the Spawners linked to the info_vol, But Im not sure about the risers Script_Structs. Im sure the script_structs dont have a KVP to link them to the zombie riser spawner. I tested a few Script_struct for the spawners outside of their targeted Info_volume behind a wall with a blocker and traverse, and they didn't spawn. the 1's inside teh Info_vol did.....

Jst wondered if i did something wrong for the outside 1's not to spawn. If i didnt then its not possible. If it is possible, Hows that done :p
Post by: SajeOne on September 05, 2013, 10:52:17 am
I understand the Spawners linked to the info_vol, But Im not sure about the risers Script_Structs. Im sure the script_structs dont have a KVP to link them to the zombie riser spawner. I tested a few Script_struct for the spawners outside of their targeted Info_volume behind a wall with a blocker and traverse, and they didn't spawn. the 1's inside teh Info_vol did.....

Jst wondered if i did something wrong for the outside 1's not to spawn. If i didnt then its not possible. If it is possible, Hows that done :p
Riser spawners have to have the kvp "targetname" "ZONENAME_spawners_rise" That KVP shows the script that they are linked to the zone, same with dog structs(but with a kvp specifically for dogs).
Title: Re: Couple \'Zone\' Questions...
Post by: GeneralJJ on September 05, 2013, 11:25:53 am
Okie dokie.

Knowing me i like to have typos, maybe thats whats stopping them from spawning  :alone:

thanks for the replys bud

:EDIT:
Just noticed on Treminaor's Video Tut for risers, at 0:55 in, the Structs KVPS are different than the Structs KVPS at 2:02.
this might be where ive gone wrong.  which are the correct KVPS??

Post Merge: September 06, 2013, 06:27:46 am
I'm still having issues. I put kvps as follows.

Script_structs for risers inside the zone volume.
Targetname:starting_zone_spawners_rise
Script_noteworthy:find_flesh
( spawners out side the zone don't have the find flesh kvp as I assume they need to get to a blocker first, not the player)

The zombie spawners.
Targetname: starting_zone_spawners
Usual kvps plus the
script_string: riser

Now, having the structs targetname set to the zone, the riser zombie spawner spawns like a normal zombie and they don't rise. If I put the kvp of the structs as targetname : zombie_rise , they rise. But they rise at all structs in and out if the zone. The 1's outside the zone just stand there.

Any help is appreciated as its starting to piss me off lol. Map is built, it's just getting these zones and risers to work.

Oh and the dogs spawn without a problem.