UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: natesmithzombies on February 21, 2016, 10:53:59 pm

Title: What do you love most about custom zombies maps?
Post by: natesmithzombies on February 21, 2016, 10:53:59 pm
What do you love most about custom zombies?

Another Nate made a topic for what you hate the most about zombies, so I felt obligated to make a post about what you love the most about zombies. Try to stick to this format:

In General: I love that custom zombies is free and bound only by WaW limits
Specifically: I love when mappers use the afterlife and buildables. I have only seen Afterlife in Project Viking

I think both discussions could be used to help mappers pick and choose what they find the most and least enjoyable!

What do you hate most about custom zombies maps?: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10246.0.html (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10246.0.html)
Title: Re: What do you love most about custom zombies?
Post by: mxtxm on February 21, 2016, 11:01:23 pm
I love that custom zombies is full of maps that are for every level of play style. There are maps that reward campers and trainers alike, but I do also like those maps that make the player have to think about what they're going to do and how they're going to do it. I love maps that are difficult when you are in the lower rounds, but get progressively easier once you get the right weapons, i.e. Oil Rig and Industrial Estate. I love seeing completely new feature such as new bosses and new perks. I love seeing all the weapon, and each mappers' different interpretation of how the guns should perform when pack-a-punched. I love seeing the level of detail put into maps and I love the easter eggs that have me run around the map for an hour or so trying to figure out what I am suppose to do.
That is the long answer. The short answer is i love how unpredictable the maps can be and exploring new areas.
Post by: steviewonder87 on February 21, 2016, 11:05:46 pm
I love that custom zombies is full of maps that are for every level of play style. There are maps that reward campers and trainers alike, but I do also like those maps that make the player have to think about what they're going to do and how they're going to do it. I love maps that are difficult when you are in the lower rounds, but get progressively easier once you get the right weapons, i.e. Oil Rig and Industrial Estate. I love seeing completely new feature such as new bosses and new perks. I love seeing all the weapon, and each mappers' different interpretation of how the guns should perform when pack-a-punched. I love seeing the level of detail put into maps and I love the easter eggs that have me run around the map for an hour or so trying to figure out what I am suppose to do.
That is the long answer. The short answer is i love how unpredictable the maps can be and exploring new areas.

Yeh what this guy said. :P
Post by: ProRevenge on February 21, 2016, 11:08:35 pm
The little things I love in maps:

Well designed start rooms, suitable for first room challenges.
Random perk bottle drops obtainable in some way
+1 extra if the Bottles are obtainable in the first room
Concise HUD with uniform font, perk shaders, and everything looking smooth
Well ported guns, with all official sounds
BO2 Ray Gun anims (not the stock waw Ray)
Power switches, simple to access
Accessable PAP mid round (no teleporting etc)
Well ported Wonder Weapons (Thunderguns with decent FX, lights, fixed firesound, not giving drops)
Custom window boards (not the window_med prefab)
Balanced debris prices
Multiple routes through/round a map
Mixture of guns from Multiple CoDs MW2 and later
Good atmosphere (ambient sounds etc)
Nice lighting and FX
Hellhounds (I like these in customs, shoot me)
Well ported Mark 2
Official damage Scavenger
Well placed Traps
Maps designed with high rounds in mind
Maps that dont revolve around EEs and the Buyable Ending shit
Good EE song
Well designed custom wallgun chalks
Small custom changes on guns (a different colour here and there)
Creative PAP names
Post by: mxtxm on February 21, 2016, 11:11:58 pm
Another Stevie fan. Too many of these guys floating around the net ;)

In general: I love maps that resemble OR and IE
Specifically: I love OR and IE
I only said those because those are really the ones of the top of my head i could remember. Somehow I forgot about tmg standoff, quiz v2, comosea, das herrenhaus, and rainy death.

I actually don't like stevie, but even with that said still have to give him credit for his maps.
Title: Re: What do you love most about custom zombies maps?
Post by: HitmanVere on February 21, 2016, 11:18:52 pm
When stuff is ported correctly, that is all :gusta:

Spoiler: click to open...
Also knowing that you were right and other user in forum was wrong (Yes, I am looking at you, Nate :please: )
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FeoxZyto.png&hash=6021cde220755ef155371e4dbaf9329af181e001)
Post by: steviewonder87 on February 21, 2016, 11:20:22 pm
I only said those because those are really the ones of the top of my head i could remember. Somehow I forgot about tmg standoff, quiz v2, comosea, das herrenhaus, and rainy death.

I actually don't like stevie, but even with that said still have to give him credit for his maps.

Oh. I see.  :'(
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on February 21, 2016, 11:32:38 pm
Now Harry & Co. Asks, What do I like...
*DEEP GASP*

Proper sounds to weapons, BO1 Styled Perfection, Titus-6, HVK-30 (never seen yet but could happen), UGX Mod (1.0 & 1.1), No Perk Limit, An upgrade-able perk limit, Mustang & Sally, PHD Flopper in a custom zombies map, Zombie Shield in the map, Zombie counter, a Point building gun that kills before round 21, Pap weapons with proper names, Legit Challenges that dont hold up map progression,Galvaknuckles,Real Legit Boss, Proper Raygun MK2, gas Zombies with proper sounds, Oil Rig style Gas Zombies,Proper AN-94,Proper Commando, Proper spelling of the word proper, Maps with different character quotes, Death Machine, Patched DG2, Vulture Aid, Permaperk Tombstone, Hells Retriever, Hells Redeemer, Gersch Devices, Hacker, Meatballs (never seen yet but could happen), M1216, Working stairs, Proper Doublepoints, FOV Slider, Hitman's Shaders, Custom Wonderweapon...

*Sigh*
Post by: Harry Bo21 on February 21, 2016, 11:56:00 pm
*DEEP GASP*

Proper sounds to weapons, BO1 Styled Perfection, Titus-6, HVK-30 (never seen yet but could happen), UGX Mod (1.0 & 1.1), No Perk Limit, An upgrade-able perk limit, Mustang & Sally, PHD Flopper in a custom zombies map, Zombie Shield in the map, Zombie counter, a Point building gun that kills before round 21, Pap weapons with proper names, Legit Challenges that dont hold up map progression,Galvaknuckles,Real Legit Boss, Proper Raygun MK2, gas Zombies with proper sounds, Oil Rig style Gas Zombies,Proper AN-94,Proper Commando, Proper spelling of the word proper, Maps with different character quotes, Death Machine, Patched DG2, Vulture Aid, Permaperk Tombstone, Hells Retriever, Hells Redeemer, Gersch Devices, Hacker, Meatballs (never seen yet but could happen), M1216, Working stairs, Proper Doublepoints, FOV Slider, Hitman's Shaders, Custom Wonderweapon...

*Sigh*
Post by: Scobalula on February 22, 2016, 12:42:12 am
*DEEP GASP*

*Sigh*

Oh wow someone's expectations are high.

Working stairs

wat.

I like custom maps. :)
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on February 22, 2016, 01:26:30 am
Oh wow someone's expectations are high.

wat.

I like custom maps. :)

Its a mean joke to an unnecessary Bug Report.
Post by: MAK911 on February 22, 2016, 01:38:03 am
I like well-detailed areas with plenty of different paths. Honestly, the more paths, the better. I love discovering things so that's really all I need in a map to truly make me happy. That and some sort of gimmick just to remind you it's all a game like the plunger in Der Memendrache. I hate people just trying to make sense of everything and giving excuses as to why you're there and what not. Just have fun with the map and the story can be sorted out as you map. REAL custom features are a plus too. Chances are that, if something is unique to only one map, I'll come back to it just for that. I only become an asshole about detail when I'm criticizing someone I hate :troll:
Post by: tomikaze on February 22, 2016, 02:25:55 am
Yeh what this guy said. :P
I agree with what he said, but I disagree with what the guy he's agreeing with said  ;)
Post by: steviewonder87 on February 22, 2016, 02:35:34 am
I agree with what he said, but I disagree with what the guy he's agreeing with said  ;)

I disagree with you disagreeing with what the guy he's agreeing with said, however I agree with what you said about you agreeing about what he said.
Post by: tomikaze on February 22, 2016, 02:37:34 am
I disagree with you disagreeing with what the guy he's agreeing with said, however I agree with what you said about you agreeing about what he said.
Finally someone gets me.
Post by: MZslayer11 on February 22, 2016, 02:56:10 am
I like fun maps. It doesn't matter how good it looks orhow many features it has or how bug free it is. If it's not fun, then it's not worth playing.
Post by: Xperience on February 23, 2016, 01:23:13 am
Always love to see a positive thread :alone: I absolutely love that players have the opportunity to basically play multiple games through World at War. Custom zombie maps have sparked so many unique ideas in the community and I love seeing mappers, scripters, and modders put their skills together to create legendary maps. I also love seeing professional maps with time put into them. I guess you could say I enjoy just seeing the end product of the maps themselves.
Post by: JiffyNoodles on February 23, 2016, 11:58:36 am
ahem, let me get a comfy chair, as I got a lot
1) Beautifully designed maps: If it looks good, I will like what I am playing

2) properly ported weapons: Sure, i can't port to save my life, but when people do it right, it feels perfect

3) Perk Limit: I love a perk limit, as it forces you to prioritise what perks are more important than other ones. If there is a way to gain more perks, or an increase of your perk limit, then It makes it even better

4) Fun & rewarding easter egg: The easter egg is what usually makes the map stand out, and if the easter egg is highly rewarding, it makes the map even better than it would've been without it.

5) Multiple Game modes. I love this, as it allows you to both explore the map, and try new things, such as gun game, kill confirmed, etc.

That's about it, probs more that i've forgotten about, but hey, I'm only human.
With regards,
JiffyNoodles
Post by: StupidEdits on February 23, 2016, 09:56:50 pm
I love it when map makers at least try and put effort into the little things like the story behind their map, and it's not something like, "sleeping in your BOX room you hear zombies behind your window, then you find a hidden gun in your BOX room."
Post by: Harry Bo21 on March 03, 2016, 02:35:50 am
I love it when map makers at least try and put effort into the little things like the story behind their map, and it's not something like, "sleeping in your BOX room you hear zombies behind your window, then you find a hidden gun in your BOX room."
hidden in a BOX  :troll:
Post by: Khedryn on March 04, 2016, 12:22:47 pm
A: The exploration of new maps & experiencing hands on amazing creative ideas come to life, pushing the bounds of what we thought possible within 'Zombies.'

2: Coming across Maps that have been made with an idea you were daring to dream of.

Post by: cadurling on March 04, 2016, 02:12:46 pm
The 100's of maps I can download for free.  The mappers that make this happen.  A shat old game being playable/updated everyday.  The good old days.
Post by: fanmagic on March 15, 2016, 03:39:15 pm
Best thing in CoD to be creative  ;)
Post by: Wolf MacDowell on March 28, 2016, 04:06:57 am
What I like about "Call of Duty World at War Custom Nazi Zombies" a.k.a. Custom Zombies is:

I like how many maps there are to play, you can play box maps, large maps, medium maps. Sci-Fi maps, WW2 maps, you name it. I love how most maps don't seem to push you to get Jug or a P-A-P weapon to actually play it. I feel like current legitimate maps are made to force you to buy Jug A.S.A.P. and whilst I may not be the best at zombies but I don't have that problem with any custom maps.

I also love the added weaponage and the ability to create my own which is what I am currently doing.

Somebody should write a "how-to" for dummies on making a map. Lol
Post by: liamsa669 on March 30, 2016, 02:20:57 pm
trolling and doing difficult stuff
Post by: MAK911 on March 30, 2016, 09:15:35 pm
trolling and doing difficult stuff
Can confirm. Note to anyone that plays with this asshole: Get through doorways first and NEVER GET NEAR A CORNER!
Post by: liamsa669 on March 30, 2016, 09:38:12 pm
Can confirm. Note to anyone that plays with this asshole: Get through doorways first and NEVER GET NEAR A CORNER!
and never throw nades :D
Post by: MAK911 on March 30, 2016, 09:57:04 pm
and never throw nades :D
Because he'll just throw them back at the box so you can't get the RGM2.
Post by: liamsa669 on March 31, 2016, 12:58:48 am
Because he'll just throw them back at the box so you can't get the RGM2.
more like ill spam u with nades right wen u are going to throw one and ull pick up it and explode
Post by: Harry Bo21 on March 31, 2016, 01:13:48 am
Anyone remember the old days?

When playing a game was about having fun? And not "taking the fun" away for others?
Post by: liamsa669 on March 31, 2016, 01:16:26 am

When playing a game was about having fun? And not "taking the fun" away for others?
I never experienced those days :'(
Post by: Harry Bo21 on March 31, 2016, 02:22:47 am
The N64 was that way. People loved bugs and you were the talk of the neighborhood if you knew a glitch or exploit.
sadens me that such ways have literally ruined any chance of actually enjoying "co-operative" games

I blame YouTube for starting this silly trend

Post by: JiffyNoodles on March 31, 2016, 02:28:40 am
sadens me that such ways have literally ruined any chance of actually enjoying "co-operative" games

I blame YouTube for starting this silly trend
I've never actually run into a troll while playing co-op games, so I've never had this displeasure.
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on March 31, 2016, 04:53:44 am

You mean Back when I lived in a trailer park where I could run around barefoot because the path was sand and not paved and I weighed about 250 pounds for a 12 year old? Yeah good old 2010. I missed my dad and my 2 cats, may they RIP.

Now all it is is just Squeakers and angry star sound alikes to troll and film for my tobecreated youtube channel.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on March 31, 2016, 11:42:19 am
You mean Back when I lived in a trailer park where I could run around barefoot because the path was sand and not paved and I weighed about 250 pounds for a 12 year old? Yeah good old 2010. I missed my dad and my 2 cats, may they RIP.

Now all it is is just Squeakers and angry star sound alikes to troll and film for my tobecreated youtube channel.
lol was thinking "my time", so in the 90s, gaming has been ruined for some time now in my opinion
Post by: liamsa669 on April 03, 2016, 03:21:48 am
I've never actually run into a troll while playing co-op games, so I've never had this displeasure.
wanna play a game with me? :troll:
Post by: JiffyNoodles on April 03, 2016, 04:38:19 am
wanna play a game with me? :troll:
sure, why not :please:
Post by: liamsa669 on April 05, 2016, 11:29:48 am
sure, why not :please:
saturday 2:00 :troll: we play natcht (pc) and ill show u what a troll is like. (we can also play bo1 deault maps\moon, and i u have xbox bo2 (any dlc), and if u have xbone/ps4 bo3 (any dlc); but idk if u like console)... either way, we will hop into a pub lobby and ill show u what a troll is like
Post by: JiffyNoodles on April 05, 2016, 12:03:10 pm
saturday 2:00 :troll: we play natcht (pc) and ill show u what a troll is like. (we can also play bo1 deault maps\moon, and i u have xbox bo2 (any dlc), and if u have xbone/ps4 bo3 (any dlc); but idk if u like console)... either way, we will hop into a pub lobby and ill show u what a troll is like
k.
Post by: liamsa669 on April 06, 2016, 03:19:25 am
k.
which 1?
Post by: JiffyNoodles on April 06, 2016, 03:37:38 am
which 1?
Kino on PC. and Saturday at 2 PM or AM? Also, that would be in your time, and not mine, so, I'll see what I can do, friend.
Post by: liamsa669 on April 06, 2016, 04:00:10 am
Kino on PC. and Saturday at 2 PM or AM? Also, that would be in your time, and not mine, so, I'll see what I can do, friend.
im free all saturday so HMU :D also people play kino on pc still?
Post by: JiffyNoodles on April 06, 2016, 04:23:47 am
im free all saturday so HMU :D also people play kino on pc still?
yeah man, it's fun as, expecially with all the weapons around.
Post by: smasher248 on April 06, 2016, 07:12:35 pm
yeah man, it's fun as, expecially with all the weapons around.

wow first time people have made a date on ugx forums, how cute <3 :-*
Post by: Bwc66930 on April 06, 2016, 07:13:53 pm
wow first time people have made a date on ugx forums, how cute <3 :-*
Me, you. freezer. tomorrow.
Post by: smasher248 on April 06, 2016, 07:34:23 pm
Me, you. freezer. tomorrow.

rape != date ...but yes
Post by: Bwc66930 on April 06, 2016, 08:52:46 pm
"Unknown Function"
That's something we hate, whyd you say it here!!!!!
Post by: Harry Bo21 on April 06, 2016, 08:54:00 pm
Who said unknown function!? Let me at em!
Post by: Harry Bo21 on April 06, 2016, 09:01:56 pm
Think there's something in csc for that, coz I often get screwed ;)
Post by: Bwc66930 on April 06, 2016, 09:05:20 pm
Think there's something in csc for that, coz I often get screwed ;)
Rape functions :)) that's something I would like about maps
Post by: JiffyNoodles on April 06, 2016, 11:02:15 pm
rape != date ...but yes
instructions unclear, dick stuck in toaster :please:
Post by: Bwc66930 on April 06, 2016, 11:03:20 pm
I'll help you get that dick out  :P
Post by: smasher248 on April 07, 2016, 07:44:30 am

i dont blame you, that toasters a slut
Post by: liamsa669 on April 07, 2016, 06:57:15 pm
Spoiler: click to open...
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fd3HTs6P.png&hash=9b89131cb68c1ef94fccb08268ec0d36366a2a73)
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.snag.gy%2F4yqoC.jpg&hash=a2281204fbb896703cbbfcd66b7c03e66804e2bd):troll: found the script for making the best  map^