UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: GeneralJJ on August 27, 2013, 12:45:56 pm

Title: scrpit compile error! unknown function
Post by: GeneralJJ on August 27, 2013, 12:45:56 pm
Hi there, bee racking my brains for about 3 weeks now, Old mapper coming back to it, and am having nothing but problems, Old Nazi maps run, but wen I recompile them, they then get a shit load of script errors and I cant run the maps.

So in hindsight, Ive mad a small test map, used the files form Terminator following his Nazi_zombie_oldtown_scr file and I get  a script compile error, unknown function

self achievement_notify( "DLC3_ZOMBIE_BOWIE_KILLS" );

any idea please :)
Title: Re: scrpit compile error! unknown function
Post by: DeletedUser on August 27, 2013, 03:41:58 pm
1) Terminator
2) self achievement_notify( "DLC3_ZOMBIE_BOWIE_KILLS" );
1) He's treminaor.
2) i have the same function in my code and it works fine :P
Title: Re: scrpit compile error! unknown function
Post by: GeneralJJ on August 27, 2013, 04:10:08 pm
ha sorry Treminaor. thats what i get for quickly reading a name :derp:

And all i can think is that i have a higgled pickled mess of .gsc files. I've done a fresh reinstall and installed waw 1.0 upto 1.7 then installed the editor 1.1 to 1.4, copy/pasting files across from the download as i go.

Since then, I have added a shed load of old .map files and copied various .gsc's over. I assume some are not upto date/scripted differently than what the _oldtown files are asking for.

Will move all files, copy the mod1.4 download gsc's and try again tonight with just the edited _oldtown files to run a test map of my own.

If that doesnt work i might need some help from some1 in regards to the content of the relavent .gsc's.....
Update to follow this evening (midnightish probably   ;)

Post Merge: August 29, 2013, 08:59:39 am
OK, reinstalled WaW to 1.7
added 1.0 - 1.4 mod tools.
added UGX modtools

Made a map using UGX script placer

Compiled, and worked. SWEET!

Only thing is thought, that the buyable weapons don't work correctly.

No Hint string shows up, I can buy the weapon, but no money is taken from score and the gun isn't in my hands, the gun u had b4 I brought it disappears magic box works fine as does the perks, as does the PaP machine. ( using Sniperbolt's map from scripter ).