UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: Deadon on February 13, 2016, 08:48:33 pm

Title: #include maps\ugx_modder_help; keeps causing errors
Post by: Deadon on February 13, 2016, 08:48:33 pm
Okay, So I compiled my mod and apparently even though i don't have UGX on my waw when compiling this I keep getting the error that my map canno find ugx_modder_help, even though i keep trying crap, it ends up giving me that error. I'm not sure if it's a problem in my map or something, but I'm willing to take any suggestions.
thanks for reading and dealing with my stupidity  :derp:
Title: Re: #include maps\ugx_modder_help; keeps causing errors
Post by: Exofile on February 13, 2016, 09:42:45 pm
Okay, So I compiled my mod and apparently even though i don't have UGX on my waw when compiling this I keep getting the error that my map canno find ugx_modder_help, even though i keep trying crap, it ends up giving me that error. I'm not sure if it's a problem in my map or something, but I'm willing to take any suggestions.
thanks for reading and dealing with my stupidity  :derp:

The UGX Mod Tools Patch, from what I know just fixed some parts of the modtools. When the file cannot be find, just go into raw/maps, find ugx_modder_help, and paste it into mods/mapname/maps. Make sure you tick it off in .IWD list in the launcher before you compile.
Post by: Tim Smith on February 13, 2016, 09:45:01 pm
It's dlc3_code.gsc that is causing that error . Search for another dlc3_code that don't have #include_ugx_modder_help in the start of it . And replace it .
Post by: Exofile on February 13, 2016, 09:46:03 pm
It's dlc3_code.gsc that is causing that error . Search for another dlc3_code that don't have #include_ugx_modder_help in the start of it . And replace it .

Is it not better to include the script, as it only fixes things?...
Post by: Tim Smith on February 13, 2016, 09:56:53 pm
Is it not better to include the script, as it only fixes things?...
actually it's only tells the player what is going on in the map , and it cause errors more than solving them so no need to include it lol. Developer mode always does the trick .
Post by: Exofile on February 13, 2016, 09:59:55 pm
actually it's only tells the player what is going on in the map , and it cause errors more than solving them so no need to include it lol. Developer mode always does the trick .

Since when did it cause errors? What errors? I've gotten no errors with it..
Post by: Tim Smith on February 13, 2016, 10:08:16 pm
Since when did it cause errors? What errors? I've gotten no errors with it..
well i had it causing errors on my mortem map EE . It was conflicting with it so had to delete it lol and sometimes it starts to act wierd.
Post by: Exofile on February 13, 2016, 10:14:06 pm
well i had it causing errors on my mortem map EE . It was conflicting with it so had to delete it lol and sometimes it starts to act wierd.

Again, what errors? :please:
Post by: Tim Smith on February 13, 2016, 10:21:22 pm
Again, what errors? :please:
firstly , he was in the mod and the same error of this topic showed up of nowhere. Secondly he was creating unexistable errors/lines in my scripts. And i've seen some good mappers don't even use it so why not !.
Post by: Deadon on February 13, 2016, 10:52:18 pm
Thanks guys, that really helped but it seemed for some reason i need the script helper for now 'cus _zombiemodel_blockers_new is now on the fritz :alone: saying there's something wrong with this: if(!modderHelp(self.doors.script_angles, "No script_angles set on door(s). The door will not rotate until this is fixed!")) I can see what's wrong, but I'm not sure if i should just delete _zombiemode_blockers_new or basically how to fix it.
In fact I'm not even sure how all this got messed up, All I tried was installing HarryBO1's Perks.
Post by: daedra descent on February 13, 2016, 11:50:26 pm
Removing all script calls/references to ugx_modder_help is one way to fix it. Or you could use Sniperbolt's patch scripts(make backup of your root/maps folder first!). I haven't had any real issues with sniperbolt's besides Treyarch's screw ups.

Honestly, ugx_modder_help(and modder_help before it) is complete shit. All it does is print crap to your screen when it should(if the situation REALLY calls for it) do:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
if(<something>)
            assertMsg(<msg>);

which, when running the map with developer and developer_script, will kick you out of the game and print an error to the screen.

Damn right.
Title: Re: #include maps\\ugx_modder_help; keeps causing errors
Post by: Deadon on February 14, 2016, 12:40:56 am
I now keep getting this error on the stupid blockers and now I'm really confused 'cus i just tried everything. _zombiemode_blockers_new line 212 unknown function "if(!modderHelp(self.doors.script_angles, "No script_angles set on door(s). The door will not rotate until this is fixed!"))"

Double Post Merge: February 14, 2016, 05:00:33 am
And it's apparently on everything i try to compile. wow  :derp:
Post by: Tim Smith on February 14, 2016, 07:18:25 am
you could use Sniperbolt's patch scripts(make backup of your root/maps.
you should have followed what deadra said . If you want sniperbolt patch it's in zombiemodding