UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: Exofile on February 13, 2016, 12:20:36 pm

Title: What do you prefer?
Post by: Exofile on February 13, 2016, 12:20:36 pm
So we got a big multitude of various people here on UGX. I see mappers, scripters, animaters, graphical designers, and so on.

What do you prefer to do when it comes to modding? And why?

Personally, I prefer Mapping. Radiant is the part I feel I'm strongest at, but I've got a big room for improvement.
Why, you ask? Well, I love creating rooms, and areas. Laying out how the progression will be, and physical design, architectural design.  :P

I'll have a poll up, so you can also vote to whichever you prefer the most. If you feel I should add another option to the poll, let me know! ;)
Title: Re: What do you prefer?
Post by: mala15 on February 13, 2016, 12:31:08 pm
Hi:)

if I had to choose only 1 of the 4 choices, I would go with scripting.
Second choice would be mapping.

The reason for scripting is because I like to focus on game play/mechanics, but having a cool map layout is also an important part of that. And detailing (which i hope to improve on my next map) makes the map feel more real and "alive", which immerse you in the experience.

Post by: Exofile on February 13, 2016, 12:37:16 pm
Hi:)

if I had to choose only 1 of the 4 choices, I would go with scripting.
Second choice would be mapping.

The reason for scripting is because I like to focus on game play/mechanics, but having a cool map layout is also an important part of that. And detailing (which i hope to improve on my next map) makes the map feel more real and "alive", which immerse you in the experience.

You don't HAVE to choose one of the four, like I said; If you prefer something else, I'll add it to the poll! :)
Post by: steviewonder87 on February 13, 2016, 02:40:37 pm
You don't HAVE to choose one of the four, like I said; If you prefer something else, I'll add it to the poll! :)

Can you add 'Fapping' to the list? :gusta:
Post by: Exofile on February 13, 2016, 02:50:49 pm
Can you add 'Fapping' to the list? :gusta:

What do you prefer to do when it comes to modding? And why?

Not sure how that is involved in your process of making mods, care to explain? :please:
Post by: steviewonder87 on February 13, 2016, 02:53:50 pm
Not sure how that is involved in your process of making mods, care to explain? :please:

What do I prefer to do when it comes to modding? Fapping.

Pretty self explanatory Exo. :please:
Post by: Exofile on February 13, 2016, 02:56:21 pm
What do I prefer to do when it comes to modding? Fapping.

Pretty self explanatory Exo. :please:

Added another option, hope it suits you. :please:
Post by: steviewonder87 on February 13, 2016, 03:00:20 pm
Added another option, hope it suits you. :please:

:nyan:
Post by: MAK911 on February 13, 2016, 06:45:41 pm
No love for modeling?
Post by: Xperience on February 13, 2016, 07:31:27 pm
Given I can't do any, I prefer enjoying some me time :alone:
Post by: Exofile on February 13, 2016, 09:25:49 pm
No love for modeling?

Added to poll :please:
Post by: Tim Smith on February 13, 2016, 09:38:40 pm
I like to mess around in radiant/assman base files so i can learn/make new stuff. And recently i started to love modeling. Started from making armor knights and now i can create something close to jugg machine. I don't care about mapping i have some good XP on it as i mapped my res-evil map 'mansion' in three days with caulk texture and started to port the res-evil player models from the game.   
Post by: Exofile on February 13, 2016, 09:40:21 pm
I like to mess around in radiant/assman base files so i can learn/make new stuff. And recently i started to love modeling. Started from making armor knights and now i can create something close to jugg machine. I don't care about mapping i have some good XP on it as i mapped my res-evil map 'mansion' in three days with caulk texture and started to port the res-evil player models from the game.

Three days eh? Exactly how detailed is that map? :please:
Post by: Tim Smith on February 13, 2016, 09:48:33 pm
Three days eh? Exactly how detailed is that map? :please:
oh you will see . I got my pc back so i'm going to start a Wip lol. When i look at the map in radiant i want to cry of it's nothingless :alone:.
Post by: GamingWithDon on February 14, 2016, 02:36:36 am
I would personally pick graphic design, because I've been doing it for a few years and the worst is seeing a good map or a map in general with the shittiest graphics, just puts a sour taste in my mouth.
I wish I could script and map make though and I've tried in the past. ( Link me a decent tutorial if you can ;) )
Post by: mrpeanut188 on February 14, 2016, 07:07:05 am
Added to poll :please:
...but it still has no love.  :please: