UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: rockon421 on February 10, 2016, 03:12:48 am

Title: Textures have red blotches on them
Post by: rockon421 on February 10, 2016, 03:12:48 am
Basically all my textures when trying to play the game have red blotches on them (excluding one rooms walls and ceiling...) when in radiant and viewing them they seem to be fine but on playing the actual game they are clearly visible. not only are they like this on brushes but also on gun models and zombies...

any help is appreciated   ;D ;D
Title: Re: Textures have red blotches on them
Post by: Linoxet on February 10, 2016, 02:42:46 pm
Add reflection_probe to your map

Right click in the 2d window -> reflection_probe
Post by: NGcaudle on February 10, 2016, 03:17:20 pm
Rightclick on 2D grid than select reflection_probes make it so it's in the middle of the room and around chest hight
Post by: Exofile on February 10, 2016, 04:38:26 pm
Rightclick on 2D grid than select reflection_probes make it so it's in the middle of the room and around chest hight

Do you realise this question had already bern answered? :poker:
Post by: Scobalula on February 10, 2016, 05:02:38 pm
make it so it's in the middle of the room and around chest hight

Along with what Exo said this is completely wrong. There is no definitive way to place a reflection_probe, it is suggested that in a room is be placed beside the shiniest objects, due since the reflections on them would be from the shiny objects view.

You can place a reflection probe at feet height, at a wall, under a box, etc. it doesn't matter.
Post by: rockon421 on February 10, 2016, 06:46:18 pm

yep fixed my problem, just another stupid thing on my part.  :please:

Thanks for the help  ;D ;)