UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: IHammY/ on August 23, 2013, 09:13:44 am

Title: cutom texture all black?
Post by: IHammY/ on August 23, 2013, 09:13:44 am
so ive been trying to create a custom texture for my map. followed sajeones tut on it but he has a different version or another dds plugin Cod5 Radiant Adding Custom Textures (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX0mNrTwq34#ws)

well basically what happens if i try using the texture in radiant it just shows up all black no idea how to fix it

edit: i found out that assetmanager doesnt buld .iwi's with alpha channels at all... does anyone know how to fix that?
also it says asset out of date if i try reconverting it... it has another error when compiling but it doesent show up again...
Title: Re: cutom texture all black?
Post by: SajeOne on August 23, 2013, 03:46:49 pm
To convert textures with alpha channels you need to change the "Blendfunc" attribute on the entry from replace to blend. As for why its not working you didn't do something right somewhere, I can assure you the tutorial works fine(as I demonstrated).
Title: Re: cutom texture all black?
Post by: IHammY/ on August 23, 2013, 04:51:31 pm
thanks for the help :) btw is it possible that these settings make normal textures without alpha channels invisible ?