UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: HazardousTheEPIC on February 02, 2016, 09:58:27 pm

Title: YouAlwaysWin... not really
Post by: HazardousTheEPIC on February 02, 2016, 09:58:27 pm
Again, I don't want to spam on forums. I'd like to become more interactive and involved with the UGX community *cough cough which is awesome cough cough I'm looking at you cham, yep you cough cough cough*.

Okay, I've been subscribed to YAW (YouAlwaysWin) for quite a while and once I was very much into their content, but over time, I've grown to dislike them a bit. I'm not happy that I don't like them so much anymore, but it happens sometimes.

Anyway, I am disappointed. They use to okay, now they are children party clowns. Its all run my stupidity and fart noises.
The fact they have maps made only for them is, well I can't say its completely unfair, I mean anyone can do what they want and its probably not even their fault that we can't play the maps, but it is kind of sad we are missing out, even if most of the maps are complete shite (Sorry, map maker if you see this, but seriously, most of these maps run with a theme like Straight outta Compton most likely due to YAW trying to gain as much attention as possible, even if that seems unfair, it kind of isn't).

I don't wanna make this a whole hate speech thing so I'll get to the point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF8LTZF4hZM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF8LTZF4hZM)

^^^^
This video.
'ROUND 100 ZOMBIE CHALLENGE (Part 2) ★ Call of Duty Zombies'
1. The star ... okay, I'll accept it.
2. It doesn't state the format they are playing on is PC. Correct me if I'm using the word format wrong.
3. And this is the important part. Round 100 Zombie Challenge.

Watch it... its not that challenging. The zombies haven't got any more health then if the zombies were Round 1 zombies.
Your going to tell me, thats not their fault, well the problem, the actually problem is that they use the word challenge...
Again, its not anymore different then a round say 15 or 20.
Your still going to tell me, thats not their fault, well... well well well, they or should I say Meaty still boasts and thats what bothers me. Its what bothers me about a lot of YouTubers, they act as though they know it or they are correct, when they could wrong.
I'll be completely honest, I've gotten really really really picky with words the past year. To me everything has to be spot on, so I can accept this topic is actually aimed at me, but still for people who claim they are right in cases and present themselves so professionally at times, yes they may make fart noises, but I'm sure they think of themselves as though they are businessmen, it annoys me.
To end off, I'd like to say (TYPE*) yeah this maybe a bit personally and yes there might some jealousy... and yes, maybe I am getting really deep with it and myself... and yes, does it even matter, well actually no... it shouldn't, too much at least.
Its just a shame to see a legacy or a piece of art spray painted by idiocy. I can and will take much of this blame that I assume I will receive, so yeah. Also these guys are trying to make money and support themselves, so it is pretty fair.

Title: Re: YouAlwaysWin... not really
Post by: tomikaze on February 02, 2016, 10:44:56 pm
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FIIfoqgz.jpg%3F1&hash=0bab0254d95287d2d92c5b1894cfc177a7e986c8)
Post by: Tim Smith on February 02, 2016, 11:59:07 pm
What do you want from them ? They're just 2 guys playing for the "lol". What is the point of this topic? To just tell people that YAW has weaken through time? I agree about this statemante. I say this topic get deleted ASAP.
Post by: adfgdagasdf2 on February 03, 2016, 12:00:35 am
Anyway, I am disappointed. They use to okay, now they are children party clowns. Its all run my stupidity and fart noises.

Most definitely. Even in the beginning, I didn't enjoy the lackluster jokes and obscenely long videos filled with said jokes; it irritated me more than it entertained me. Tomikaze apparently doesn't agree, but to each their own :accepted:
Post by: HazardousTheEPIC on February 03, 2016, 06:12:58 pm
(http://i.imgur.com/IIfoqgz.jpg?1)

Okay.
Well, its a bit of a pleasure to get s response from you Tomikaze - bit of a fan

Double Post Merge: February 03, 2016, 06:15:00 pm
What do you want from them ? They're just 2 guys playing for the "lol". What is the point of this topic? To just tell people that YAW has weaken through time? I agree about this statemante. I say this topic get deleted ASAP.

At first, I didn't understand what you meant in your reply.
I get it now and its just an opinion and that it sucks.
Post by: Akrylix on February 04, 2016, 11:15:18 pm
I honestly used to love them too, but what I liked was watching them play custom maps etc. Now all they do is play these lame "zombie challenge" maps, which aren't enjoyable to watch. I agree with you OP.
Post by: NGcaudle on February 04, 2016, 11:24:17 pm
yaw don't force u to watch there videos
Post by: GamingWithDon on February 16, 2016, 01:55:17 pm
I agree with your points but theres no point complaining about it, just dont watch his videos like I do and its g.
Post by: tomikaze on February 16, 2016, 02:48:37 pm
I agree with your points but theres no point complaining about it, just dont watch his videos like I do and its g.
Yea, but it's fun to complain about things, at least for a while. I mean if this thread was 12 pages long then yea it's probably overstayed its welcome but I think it's still got a little life in it  :)
Post by: Xperience on February 16, 2016, 04:38:56 pm
Lol I have to admit, I know where you're coming from. I liked it better when the whole NGT gang was together. Now that they split up, it's a lot less interesting to watch. Youtube is just taking advantage of peoples' free time ;)
Post by: DeletedUser on February 16, 2016, 06:25:57 pm
I subbed to them for a bit but soon after I unsubbed. They play some really drab maps and really don't play the amazing maps that the community have made on here.

They only seem to play their "exclusively" made maps which really, (apologies to map makers who may feel offended as they make maps for them) aren't that good. None of them have special features, core 4 perks and are nothing to celebrate about. I didn't enjoy them really, boring in my eyes.
Post by: Scobalula on February 16, 2016, 06:34:39 pm
I have lost interest in a lot of them tbh, NGT are watchable, but the rest, not really.
Post by: Tim Smith on February 16, 2016, 07:14:35 pm
I have lost interest in a lot of them tbh, NGT are watchable, but the rest, not really.
‎‏ ‏true +1 , congrats on the mod . You deserve it.
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on March 25, 2016, 07:09:33 pm
I found out why there are Exclusive maps to them. They even explain them in more recent videos.
Its at 0:57.

so fans make requests an a reccuring mapper goes in and takes the requests to make these maps for them.
they even mention some of the challenges are ridiculous too. (not in ridiculous hard, like ridiculous bad)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on March 25, 2016, 09:58:49 pm
no they are playing for the $$$
Post by: RichGaming on March 26, 2016, 12:59:04 am
At the end of the day, they are trying to be a unique channel. Every channel will attempt to run their own format within their videos to be unique. So yeah, maybe they will be "party clowns", but this is their way of using a specific format. It's hard to maintain attention on YouTube these days so you always have to be unique in some way which is what they are trying to do.

I'm not saying that I believe their format or personalities is entertaining to me but for some it may be entertaining. Every channel is going to have people who dislike what they do. Trust me, the amount of time I've been told to, and I quote, "kill yourself" or "Get cancer".

At the end of the day, everyone is entitled to have an opinion and it just seems that YAW are like Marmite. :)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on March 26, 2016, 04:06:53 am
At the end of the day, they are trying to be a unique channel. Every channel will attempt to run their own format within their videos to be unique. So yeah, maybe they will be "party clowns", but this is their way of using a specific format. It's hard to maintain attention on YouTube these days so you always have to be unique in some way which is what they are trying to do.

I'm not saying that I believe their format or personalities is entertaining to me but for some it may be entertaining. Every channel is going to have people who dislike what they do. Trust me, the amount of time I've been told to, and I quote, "kill yourself" or "Get cancer".

At the end of the day, everyone is entitled to have an opinion and it just seems that YAW are like Marmite. :)
except marmite doesnt lock down a ton of maps so that only marmite can play them lol
Post by: HitmanVere on March 26, 2016, 11:23:49 am
except marmite doesnt lock down a ton of maps so that only marmite can play them lol

Marmite does sleep with your wife though

Post by: RichGaming on March 26, 2016, 12:43:05 pm
Marmite does sleep with your wife though

(Content removed from quote.)

And now I deeply regret using the word marmite xD
Post by: JiffyNoodles on March 31, 2016, 01:58:15 am
They play maps for the enjoyment of the common child, even though a child shouldn't be watching their zombies content, as the game is for people over the age of 15 (in AUS anyway, probably 17+ in USA).
I've personally had twitter beef with them, and I ended up getting a response from them. I called them selfish for not releasing the maps to the community.
They responded by letting me know that their 'employees' make maps for them to play, so they can make 'entertaining' videos for the community to enjoy.
I understand that this debate has been an on and off topic, kind of like which zombie site is better, but this topic actually interests me.
In summary, if you like what they produce, by all means, keep watching them. If you don't, like myself and Ping998, just unsub and just forget about them, simple.
anyway, I've said my piece, now I shall retreat.
With regards,
JiffyNoodles
Post by: Harry Bo21 on March 31, 2016, 02:10:25 am
Thing is most ppl watch videos to find out what maps are good so they can - yknow, play em? Lol

And your totally right, their style and sense of humour ( or lack of ) is clearly tailored to the kids of YouTube who shouldn't be viewing the content in the first place

And calling em "employees" reaches such a level of extreme sadness I don't think I can describe it with words lol

Let's call a spade a spade here, the maps are not released because while only yaw have them, people "have" to watch yaw to see them at all

This is business is what we call a selective lockdown. Taking away options to "force" profit for yourself
Post by: Tim Smith on March 31, 2016, 08:05:01 am
After all not all of us can earn money. It's their on way to get money and i respect it. As being said i'm out of this.
Post by: smasher248 on March 31, 2016, 08:06:03 am
lmao remember when everyone liked for the competition they hosted? xD
Post by: Harry Bo21 on March 31, 2016, 11:34:53 am
After all not all of us can earn money. It's their on way to get money and i respect it. As being said i'm out of this.
by ripping everyone else off, preventing anyone else from enjoying it or making their own videos? thats called oppression

lmao remember when everyone liked for the competition they hosted? xD
Thats before i knew they with-held maps lol

If they were decent they would restrict them "for a time". For these guys its permanent. Big difference. They wont "allow" competition - this would be different if "they" were making the maps, but they aint, they are "using" the misinformed delinquents who buy into this bull
Post by: xXICEXx on May 23, 2016, 01:42:53 am
Lol when haters become public  :troll:
Post by: daguy01 on May 23, 2016, 05:29:07 pm
So imagine a world without YAW. About 50% of the people here, myself included, would've never discovered Custom zombies, there would be less maps therefore and the community would go downhill and presumably die.

TheRelaxingEnd also helps (among other custom zombie YTbers) YAW but its YAW specifically that supports UGX, mainly with competitions and featuring UGX maps made by the community. IF you want to hate them for their childish and repetitive humour, that's perfectly fine, but its what brings downloads to alot of maps people make on this site.
Post by: MAK911 on May 23, 2016, 08:21:09 pm
So imagine a world without YAW. About 50% of the people here, myself included, would've never discovered Custom zombies, there would be less maps therefore and the community would go downhill and presumably die.

TheRelaxingEnd also helps (among other custom zombie YTbers) YAW but its YAW specifically that supports UGX, mainly with competitions and featuring UGX maps made by the community. IF you want to hate them for their childish and repetitive humour, that's perfectly fine, but its what brings downloads to alot of maps people make on this site.
Yeah, may have brought the people in for the Christmas competitions and stuff, but about 90% of those people have less than 5 posts and I'm willing to bet at least 1 of each of those posts are,"Where's the download link?" I can assure you we were all brought together one way or another, but what matters is who stays. There's about 5 times a year we all go,"The communities gonna die" and, surprisingly, it hasn't (as toxic as it is). Thinking it's just because of this 1 YouTube Channel (that didn't even exist when custom zombies initially started going downhill) is just asinine and, before YAW as well, no one had "exclusive" maps. It was more of a trade off for the competitions as well. I'm sure they projected revenues off of videos, figured how much they could spare, got the "exclusive" stuff so people would HAVE to watch their channel, and profited. It's all a game of numbers, which is why neither of them have posted since the competition.

I will say this though: Vanoss is a POS for not at least linking peoples' maps ever  >:(
Post by: tomikaze on May 23, 2016, 08:42:37 pm
So imagine a world without YAW.
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FcdNUNaW.png%3F1&hash=d041604d8c28c03849c7f2f776153cfcc072a304)

About 50% of the people here, myself included, would've never discovered Custom zombies
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FY3BsQYx.jpg%3F1&hash=df392bb1de8e0bdc546647bf34a6558a15467cdc)

there would be less [box] maps
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FHopKiHa.jpg%3F1&hash=5c893570f79780f1c6a32d6532f69f74e97d30d8)
Post by: DeletedUser on May 23, 2016, 09:49:28 pm
(http://i.imgur.com/cdNUNaW.png?1)
(http://i.imgur.com/Y3BsQYx.jpg?1)
(http://i.imgur.com/HopKiHa.jpg?1)
Savage broham ^^^
Post by: DeathBringerZen on May 23, 2016, 11:36:15 pm

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.ebaumsworld.com%2FmediaFiles%2Fpicture%2F2196124%2F84966365.jpg&hash=4dc14637a57c06dec5651c2c70f92257abe7a574)
Post by: CyberMan1011 on May 23, 2016, 11:36:31 pm
I will say this though: Vanoss is a POS for not at least linking peoples' maps ever  >:(

Vanoss isn't the only one that does that. I have nothing against YAW but it does bother me whenever I see them not linking maps that are available to the public. They did this with ORBIT
Post by: MAK911 on May 23, 2016, 11:44:41 pm
Vanoss isn't the only one that does that. I have nothing against YAW but it does bother me whenever I see them not linking maps that are available to the public. They did this with ORBIT
I know others do it, but I specifically get annoyed with Vanoss because he has fucking 17mil subscribers. I mean, that would be A LOT of new users. Whether they'd stay or not is a whole different story.
Post by: DeathBringerZen on May 23, 2016, 11:45:28 pm

The way I see it is kinda like this...

Yes, it was incredibly clever of them to hire a mapper (or maybe more than one) to make these shitty but clever little maps for them because it's content no one will see elsewhere. You have to hand it to them, they're really fucking smart for doing that. The maps themselves are obviously pretty crappy but they are also very smart in the fact that they are 1: themed, & 2: side quest based so they can spent and hour or two doing objectives (which they probably know what to do before hand) and putting out a well made video where two guys just have a riot playing a map that no one has seen and can enjoy the fresh experience.

The only issue I have with it is that they don't make the content available. Why not? I mean, yes the maps look pretty bad for the most part but they sometimes have (believe it or not) fun side quests that some of the community might actually enjoy experiencing. It's smart to have someone make you exclusive content but it's not always smart to keep it to yourself.

As for YaW as a whole, I like Gunn, have done since the very early NGT days. They were the first and only zombie Youtuber's I watched back in 2010 and I am not going to rip into Gunn or Meaty just because it's the in thing to do. If you don't like them don't watch them. They don't harm the scene in any particular way, in fact help it so I don't really see the problem, aside from the exclusive map lock out thing of course.
Post by: JiffyNoodles on May 24, 2016, 01:17:20 am

The reason he doesn't link it is because he has a pre-filled Description, like most big YouTubers.
Sure, it's lazy, but when you're swimming in the Mullah, who cares (apart from your loyal fans who want to play whatever you play :please:)
Post by: ConvictioNDR on May 24, 2016, 02:34:27 am
Yes, it was incredibly clever of them to hire a mapper (or maybe more than one) to make these shitty but clever little maps for them because it's content no one will see elsewhere.
Not so clever. From the License agreement for the tools.
If you decide to make available the use of the New Game Materials created by you to other gamers, you agree to do so solely without charge.
Those mappers are technically breaking the license agreement by being employed to make exclusive new game materials.
If it were just donations being made and the grateful mappers gave them a timed exclusivity for their channel before releasing to everyone it would be a different story, but since they are employees they are in the wrong.
But I doubt Activision will enforce the license agreement. I mean they've never enforced this that I've seen.
New Game Materials must contain prominent identification at least in any on-line description and with reasonable duration on the opening screen: (a) the name and E-mail address of the New Game Materials’ creator(s) and (b) the words “THIS MATERIAL IS NOT MADE OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION.”
Post by: steviewonder87 on May 24, 2016, 11:31:44 am
New Game Materials must contain prominent identification at least in any on-line description and with reasonable duration on the opening screen: (a) the name and E-mail address of the New Game Materials’ creator(s) and (b) the words “THIS MATERIAL IS NOT MADE OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION.”

So we need to put our email addresses and real names on our release topics AND loading screens and write 'THIS MATERIAL IS NOT MADE OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION'? And Youtubers need to do this too if they play our maps? Hahaha, right.

Activision do not give a fuck what we do in WAW, I would have thought this was obvious to anyone by now.
Post by: smasher248 on May 24, 2016, 10:03:56 pm
Not so clever. From the License agreement for the tools.Those mappers are technically breaking the license agreement by being employed to make exclusive new game materials.
If it were just donations being made and the grateful mappers gave them a timed exclusivity for their channel before releasing to everyone it would be a different story, but since they are employees they are in the wrong.
But I doubt Activision will enforce the license agreement. I mean they've never enforced this that I've seen.

who gives a fuck if its againt the license, why do people still bring this up like it matters or that activsion care?
Post by: ConvictioNDR on May 25, 2016, 12:28:11 am
Activision do not give a fuck what we do in WAW, I would have thought this was obvious to anyone by now.
who gives a fuck if its againt the license, why do people still bring this up like it matters or that activsion care?
But I doubt Activision will enforce the license agreement.
I never said Activision cares. I care because it's unfair to those who aren't making maps for money. I'm sure others can see that. Why are people so hostile here? I've never understood it.
Post by: steviewonder87 on May 25, 2016, 12:59:55 am
I never said Activision cares. I care because it's unfair to those who aren't making maps for money. I'm sure others can see that. Why are people so hostile here? I've never understood it.

How was my response in any way hostile? Or were you just offended by my use of the F-word? ???
Post by: daedra descent on May 25, 2016, 01:18:27 am

To rephrase: "Who gives a fuck if we steal shit from other people and make money off of it?".

The clear answer being: People who don't want their shit being monetized.

<Insert bullshit argument that its OK to sell other people's shit because they are paid by a large corp>

Code Snippet
Plaintext

get_is_bullshit()
{
return true;
}

Why are people so hostile here? I've never understood it.

They tend to be like that when you question the legitimacy of them selling (beta/early access) maps.
Post by: DeathBringerZen on May 25, 2016, 01:28:15 am
The clear answer being: People who don't want their shit being monetized.

Let's not do this again please. We have ran this topic of discussion dry and it never leads anywhere. Let's leave it be.
Post by: JiffyNoodles on May 25, 2016, 01:36:51 am
How was my response in any way hostile? Or were you just offended by my use of the F-word? ???
I don't think he was referring to your comment directly :please:
Post by: ConvictioNDR on May 25, 2016, 01:43:38 am
The hostility part wasn't meant for you. If anything you're way better than last time I was active here and I no longer dislike you. I find some conversations you have on other sites with your stalkers to be entertaining to read. I was mainly referring to smasher. I brought up a point for nothing more than discussion by those who care. If he doesn't care, then there was no sense in his negative response.

Back on topic. Activision may not care, but I know there are some people out there that put way more time and effort into their maps/mods for no money at all that are way more deserving of the money. Even that sometimes rude guy that made that oil rig map that looks cool but I'm too busy to play so I haven't played it yet.
They tend to be like that when you question the legitimacy of them selling (beta/early access) maps.
I don't care if you give people beta or early access for donating, well as long as you don't keep it in beta for say a year to milk it. All people who have donated to me get beta access to my maps alongside my usual beta testers. But being paid to make the maps is what I don't like. This hobby isn't supposed to be done for money. If you want to make money off of it, get good enough to be hired by one of the studios.
Post by: steviewonder87 on May 25, 2016, 01:47:02 am
The hostility part wasn't meant for you. If anything you're way better than last time I was active here and I no longer dislike you. I find some conversations you have on other sites with your stalkers to be entertaining to read.

That's just about the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. :)
Post by: MAK911 on May 25, 2016, 03:14:10 am
That's just about the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. :)
Since you're English, I'm assuming the next nicest thing was: "Get out of here, you specky little cunt."  :lol:
Post by: daguy01 on May 25, 2016, 07:16:16 pm
well if you feel your only valid discussion is through images, then let me oblige.

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FGAuCxPf.gif&hash=2773c8b974ea080e4e5290af50b04be347d46330)
Post by: sryanbruen on May 30, 2016, 01:17:35 pm
I don't dislike YouAlwaysWin at all and in fact they're on me top 5 youtuber list. BUT the way that they don't give any download links or even downloads makes them drop to #5 on that list. If they didn't, they would be #2 on my list. Like there's many of their maps that I like even though some people say they're crappy. Examples of YAW maps (specifically made for YAW and do not have a download link) I like:

- Stronghold Zombies (a map based on the BO3 multiplayer map - it is epic!)
- Lego City (not much features but I like the looks of it and the fact that the MG42 is a wallbuy)
- Wild West Zombies (love the idea of it, the theme of it, the setting of it and it has multiple perks compared to the original 4 only we see in a lot of YAW maps)
- Gobblegum Machine (not much features at all BUT I like it)

Check out the maps and come back to me with your opinion on these ones specifically.

Now if only they gave the download links to them!