Lockdown
Overrun (Black Ops Mod)
Snowglobe
Leviathan
Abandoned School
Ski Resort
Leviathan Redux
JBird632's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
JBird632's Contact & Social LinksJBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632Mapper
Secondary Sound Aliases
This is a really quick tutorial for those of you who are still a bit new to adding sounds to World at War.
It will allow you to do things such as playing an upgraded fire sound over top of the existing fire sound for that weapon without having to make a new sound altogether.

Uses of this tutorial:
- Upgraded fire sounds
- Playing gear sounds on reload sounds
- Left and Right flux sounds for specific weapons
- Shell eject sounds and Shell impact sounds playing off the fire sound

Recommended Program: Excel

First off, lets assume you already have a working fire sound for your non-upgraded weapon.
For this example I will create an upgraded fire sound for the colt45.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
name,platform,file,sequence,vol_min,vol_max,dist_min,dist_max,limit_count,limit_type,entity_limit_count,entity_limit_type,bus,volume_min_falloff_curve,volumefalloffcurve,reverb_send,dist_reverb_max,reverb_min_falloff_curve,reverb_falloff_curve,pitch_min,pitch_max,randomize_type,spatialized,type,probability,loop,masterslave,loadspec,subtitle,compression,secondaryaliasname,chainaliasname,startdelay,speakermap,lfe percentage,center percentage,envelop_min,envelop_max,envelop percentage,occlusion_level,occlusion_wet_dry,real_delay,distance_lpf,move_type,move_time,min_priority,max_priority,min_priority_threshold,max_priority_threshold,doppler,isbig
wpn_colt45_fire_plr,,colt45\shot\shot_00.wav,,1,1,,,1,oldest,,,pis_1st,,,,,,,0.98,1.02,,2d,,,,0.75,see1 ber1 ber3 mak_test  audio_test_tuey firing_range hol1 hol2 hol3 living_battlefield all_mp sniper,,,weap_smg_fire_dist,,,wpn_all,,,,,,,,,,,,90,90,0.25,1,,
wpn_colt45_fire_pap_plr,,uw_shots\plr\shot\pap_shot_st.wav,,1,1,,,1,oldest,,,pis_1st,,,,,,,0.98,1.02,,2d,,,,0.75,see1 ber1 ber3 mak_test  audio_test_tuey firing_range hol1 hol2 hol3 living_battlefield all_mp sniper,,,wpn_colt45_fire_plr,,,wpn_all,,,,,,,,,,,,90,90,0.25,1,,
weap_smg_fire_dist,,SFX/weapon/dist/us/dist_us_smg.wav,,0.6,0.7,700,6000,10,priority,2,oldest,dist_wpn,,curve2,0.8,12000,,rcurve3,0.85,1.05,variant pitch,3d,,,,0.7,mak pel1 pel2 oki2 oki3 pel1a pel1b audio_test_tuey firing_range training living_battlefield all_mp,,,shell_eject,,,,,,,,,,,,no,,,70,20,0.35,1,,
shell_eject,,SFX/weapon/shell_eject_##,,1,1,35,100,4,priority,,,ambience,,,,,,,0.95,1.05,,3d,,,,,all_sp all_mp,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,15,30,0.25,1,,
The first line is just what the sound alias is declaring each column to be and can be different depending on the sound  alias. The second line is my normal fire sound for the colt. The third line is the upgraded fire phaser sound, the 4th line is a distance sound so that when playing coop you can hear a gun shooting off in the distance when far away from other players. The last line is a shell eject sound. Now keep in mind there are 4 aliases here, but I only need to call 2 of them because they are linked together.

If you have access to excel this will be a lot easier, but I will show you what it looks like when you open a sound alias in excel:

I've collapsed a lot of the stuff in the middle so you can see the important parts. You can see at the end there I have a section called secondaryaliasname and under it are names of the other aliases. Basically my fire sound for the colt45 is calling a distance fire sound (which is just a generic sound for a gun firing in the distance) and then the distance fire sound calls a shell eject sound.

Note: This is all played at once when the first sound is called with a notetrack or in a script.

So for the upgraded fire sound (wpn_colt45_fire_pap_plr) this alias plays just the normal pack a punch phaser sound, and calls the original fire sound, which then calls the distance fire sound and lastly calls the shell eject sound.

To summarize, when you want to have more than one sound alias called at the same time you can link them together by putting the second aliases name into the secondaryaliasname spot in the first alias's line.

I hope this helps and allows people to have more advanced weapon sounds in their maps :D
broken avatar :(
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Nice tut +1.
Date Registered: 9 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
lilrifa's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
lilrifa's Contact & Social Linksskypeuser724lilrifalilrifa
Nice to finally see a tutorial on this. I had to learn it on my own by looking at soundaliases. +1
Date Registered: 16 June 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Hey if you had tons of fun on playing my maps please DONATE :)

play ESTATE now, and claim your mansion back from the undead!
jei9363's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
jei9363's Contact & Social Linksjei9363jei9363jayingardia
thanks man+1
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Looks handy  ;)
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Thanks for this, got more space to add few more weapons in :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
lilrifa's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Thanks for this, got more space to add few more weapons in :)
Into Project C I assume?
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Into Project C I assume?

Of course, added some cool stuff in just cos I got more space now :gusta:
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
lilrifa's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Of course, added some cool stuff in just cos I got more space now :gusta:
Nice
Date Registered: 30 April 2020
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
More
Walling2000's Groups
Walling2000's Contact & Social LinksJack_walling2000
Hi Jbird i seen you done sounds in das herrenhaus how did you add during round music

Loading ...