UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Is it possible to change the announcement voice, and mystery box sounds?

broken avatar :(
Created 5 months ago
by KidJGaming
Date Registered: 28 February 2016
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
KidJGaming's Groups
KidJGaming's Contact & Social Links
I'm starting off small to modding, nothing much, simple sound replacements, and I can't figure out how to change the mystery box secondary teddy bear laugh, and the announcement voices to something different. Does anybody know how, or have any tips and/or guides? Any and all help would be great;y appreciated.:(
Date Registered: 6 June 2017
Last active: 4 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
i am the issue
klevi's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Yes they can be changed, i haven't looked at the mystery box's laughter sound but i know how to change the announcer voices.

1. Take the _zombiemode_audio.gsc from raw/maps to your mapname / maps
2. Scroll to init_audio_aliases() and then take a look here
https://imgur.com/6aiBQd6

theres this line  - level.devil_vox["prefix"]     =        "zmb_vox_ann_";
and under this line there are other lines for the powerups

level.devil_vox["powerup"]                                        =        ;
        level.devil_vox["powerup"]["carpenter"]                            =        "carpenter";
        level.devil_vox["powerup"]["insta_kill"]                        =        "instakill";
        level.devil_vox["powerup"]["double_points"]                        =        "doublepoints";
        level.devil_vox["powerup"]["nuke"]                                =        "nuke";
        level.devil_vox["powerup"]["full_ammo"]                            =        "maxammo";

so to change the sounds, pretty much what you need to do is to make new alias lines for each powerup or whatever you want to change. Let say i want to change the carpenter sound, i would name the alias - zmb_vox_ann_carpenter - in other words, Prefix + the powerup

zmb_vox_ann_carpenter_klevi,sound\evt\zombie_global\powerup\carpenter.wav,,,,event,100,100,100,500,4000,4500,curve4,curve2,allon,rdefault,4,reject,5,reject,0,0,0,100,100,0.25,1,2d,loaded,nonlooping,,1,0,100,,all,0,0,0,0,0.25,0.5,no,yes,none,1000,no,,both,no,no,,,75,no,no,0,0,wma,yes,no,world,event,no,sound\evt\zombie_global\powerup\carpenter.xm4,0,sound\evt\zombie_global\powerup\carpenter.mp3,0,sound\evt\zombie_global\powerup\carpenter.wav,0,zmb_common,all

In my case i added _klevi to kinda personalize it. but ignore that part for now.
https://imgur.com/c51Gk18

Gympie Gympie plant
Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 09:54:55 pm by klevi

Loading ...