or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - zsftw115

"When"... not if, when. Apparently MrDunlop4 can see the future.  :please:
Well indeed he can.

MAP OFFICIALLY OFF HIATUS M8s! So I was able to rid of the malware from my PC (Thanks to Nukem) and now I can finally return to mapping.
9 years ago
Looks good. When you need help with Guns and Maya then let me know :D

MrDunlop4
B-b-but I just said that I might be cancelling it. I appreciate the support, don't get me wrong, but why would you say it looks good if I'm having thoughts on cancelling it? lol

Why do you post this on every WIP that gets bumped? Or any new WIPs? Did you even read his post, he said the map is probably cancelled... :poker:

Thanks bb
9 years ago
Would this happen to be the remake of the Ghosts MP map?
9 years ago
PERFECT animations dude. Very nice work.
9 years ago
From that one picture it looks like it's got a lot of wide open space and runners from the start make that a bit more challenging, but a lot of people really hate that. SO, what if you had it so that Kang & Kodos were hovering above the city terrorizing it. And you could have big craters (from alien spaceship gunfire) fill up open space so there isn't as much running room. Then you could have walkers from the start and still have it be challenging because there's less open space.
agreed
9 years ago
as for simpsons hit & run models (i am looking into that) so far though there is alot of custom models , fx , textures , etc

There is actually a program for Simpsons Hit and Run that allows you to export the models from the .p3d files from the game. You could even export parts of the maps from the game, of course without any collision data. It's called Lucas' P3D Editor. Here's the link to where you can download it: http://donutmod.donutteam.com/download.php (the website has no viruses, I've used it many times.)

Other than that, I'm pretty excited for this map.
9 years ago
OH MY GOD YES YES YES.
This map sounds friggen SICK. I am a HUGE fan of the Simpsons. Even though I am a person that pays attention to detail, this map has an exception (not that it fucking matters lol). Would you by any chance be using models from Simpsons Hit and Run? Also, is that official Blundergat with the actual animations, because it looks like the one with really poorly done custom animations seen in maps like Lorkeep Station and such.
9 years ago
Can we please stop uploading Christmas maps? Considering the fact that Christmas was nearly 2 months ago. It's almost spring and the only theme in a custom map I've seen at all lately is Christmas. It doesn't matter if you were already working on a Christmas map before Christmas came and you didn't have the time to finish it. Save it for next year, so you can add a lot more to it. Snowy maps are acceptable. However, if they are based around Christmas, then save it for later. Also, if you're gonna come up with a "justified" excuse like "Nukem released TMG Christmas mid-January", then you sir/ma'am are indenial.

This is just ridiculous.
9 years ago
Seriously dude, do you take ANY time to make sure your maps don't have any bugs or giltches? Cobos was the most atrocious thing I've ever seen with all the bugs and glitches, and I know A LOT of people who can agree. Get some GOOD beta testers, take your time, play the map a bunch of times by yourself or in coop as many times as possible to find anything that ruins the map. Don't just throw everything together, play the map once to see if it will even load, and then just upload it, because people WILL find glitches, bugs, etc. STOP releasing maps like this.
9 years ago
this map is really boring:
1) there are houses where if you enter the zombies do not enter
2) areas are so great to shoot that is really a tease to get round high
3) the zombies boss I have not seen them anywhere
4) the bonus that makes the weapon upgraded makes it even easier all
5) there are areas where if you walk you get stuck, I took the hand to build the power and I was stuck
6) there are certain structures that are colorless and unrealistic, as the cabin where is the table to build the current
7) sincerely, because I do not want to deceive anyone, this is the worst Christmas map that I played this year.

The only positive note, I have never seen an initial menu such as this map, shame about the map itself.

+Respect
9 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXzEcwYs8Eo
But seriously
This map as far as the images show lacks:
Any sense of detail
No real areas to explore
Nothing really appealing to the eye
No creativity
Nothing custom
Nothing that creates a true house setting.

Oh and what the hell is the point of the AI Triggers if you don't mind me asking?
9 years ago
Before I get into this, I just want to say that you do not have to follow each and every word I say in this to make your custom map good. I'm just basing this off of community opinion and what I've seen people react to. Also, I may come back and update this every now and then when I get more ideas.

This is mainly for mappers who really want to improve on their maps and make them better and more memorable.

DO have some inspiration
Inspiration in my eyes is key when it comes to making a really good map. For example, my upcoming map Night Club has a scary and creepy feel to it. This was inspired by the first couple of Zombie maps, Nacht and Verruckt, because they had lots of creepy sounds and stuff that contributed to the horror feel. Of course, your map can have a different inspiration. Like ZK's Prison Mission being inspired by The Walking Dead. Whatever your inspiration is, put it to use, but of course, don't over do it.

DON'T make your inspiration the main focus
Sometimes maps that have been inspired by a movie or TV show or any video game kind of overdo the inspiration. They try to center the map all around the inspiration, and sometimes it even makes you forget that you're playing Zombies. So set some boundaries.

DO have lots of new features
Features are what gives the map an objective, or just add to the fun factor. However, these can make or break a map. Nevertheless, if you want to make your map fun by adding in some objectives, then add some that will fit with the map. You can script some yourself if you have that type of experience, but if you're new, there are countless amounts of scripts and downloadable features provided by other members of the community. However, there are some features that will render your map "unplayable" for some.

DON'T add unnecessary jump scares
We've all played Bridge and we were spooked by the random jump scares (not here to hate), and these kept some players from playing the map. This goes to show that you should only add a jump scare to a map if it fits. If you want to make a map that's creepy and scary, and you just want to have a little jump scare in there, then do it. Unnecessary jump scares are only when it doesn't even fit with the map at all. If your map is bright and sunny, then don't add any jump scares. Also, don't constantly spam jump scares behind every single door of the map. If anything, learn from Rise V2. That map did jump scares correctly and centered them around gullibility.

DO add lots of detail
Detail, above all, is the most CRUCIAL thing when it comes to custom zombie maps. There are tons of tutorials that show you how to work with terrain patching to make grassy hills or dirt piles or whatever you want with a brush. Add lots of xmodels to your map to contribute to your map's theme. If you have CoD4 for PC, download the mod tools for CoD4 and use Tom-BMX's CoD4 Xmodel Mover to add some models from CoD4 to give your map a modern feel. Also you can use Lime to rip models from MW2, Black Ops, MW3, Black Ops 2, Ghosts etc for you to use in your map. However, don't take detailing too far.

DON'T over detail
Never overfill your map with xmodels to the point that it makes it overly difficult to find things. Hobo Ville, for example, made finding the parts to building the power unbelievably difficult.

DON'T overly replicate Black Ops 2
In my opinion, Black Ops 2 completely did everything wrong. One thing that still bugs me to this day is that everyone hated the fact that you had to BUILD the power in TranZit, yet there are map makers that add buildable power to there maps, and they even said themselves that buildable power was a dumb idea. Never do what Black Ops 2 did wrong. Here's a small list if needed
Spoiler: click to open...
Buildable power
Puzzle Easter Eggs with no hints
Buildable Pack a Punch
Muilti-PaP that only gives you attachments
Falling perks that spawn every 5-7 rounds
Who's Who
Vulture-Aid
Generators in order to be able to hit the box

DO have beta testers
Beta testers are the only way to know if your map is complete and ready for release. Make sure that you pick people who will actually find stuff in your map that is broken, glitched out, causes a script error, or overall just breaks the map. Most of the time "beta testers" will just play your map, and complement you on how good you did (trust me I did that once and the map I did it for didn't get positive community feedback). Anyways if the people you picked did not try to find anything broken in the map and just played it to see how you did, I'd suggest dropping them and not letting them beta test again. But if your testers did find broken stuff, FIX IT . Don't just let the stuff that is broken remain in the map just to be pointed out by the community after the map is released. And if you see the lines
If you find any bugs in the map, let me know please
in the release post, then the mapper either didn't have beta testers, or gave the map to people who said they would test the map for bugs, but just played the map and didn't look for anything at all.

DON'T give the "it's my first map so" excuse
This excuse aggravates me like it's nobody's business. In my eyes, it doesn't matter if it's your first map. At this point of time, custom zombies is nearly 5+ years old. We have seen maps that have heavy amounts of detail in them. I don't see how someone could make a less than detailed map as there first map. Never make that excuse. If it's your first map, take the constructive criticism into consideration and pay attention to what people liked, and what people didn't like. 

More to come soon possibly.

Hopefully this helps some of you guys out when you either make your next map or your first map. Also, I didn't make this to offend anyone. If you feel offended somehow, then don't post about it. There is nothing that should offend anyone at all on this.
9 years ago
- buildable power switch
Why do people replicate this piece of shit feature from TranZit?
This map looks nice and I may or may not give it a try later
9 years ago
Did you get that PaP camo from Google Images? Looks exactly like the one I found and am using. Its Epic right :rainbow:
That was the original "mtl_silver_etching" texture I was using, the camo is a lot different now. But yeah it's pretty sick  :lol:

Double Post Merge: January 17, 2015, 12:11:30 am

Added a poll for you guys to choose what the hidden song in the map is!

Double Post Merge: March 06, 2015, 12:02:57 pm

So unfortunately there may be a cancellation for this map. I can't confirm this though. Recently I ran into some issues involving malware and other shit that makes my computer slow as hell. So the map is currently on hiatus at the minute until I can either fix these issues, or else decide to cancel it. However, if I can't fix the problem and I still really want to make this map happen, I will possibly try to redo the map with a hell of a lot more detail in it and still have it released. Thanks for your support through the process of this map, everyone.
9 years ago
Loading ...