or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - ZombieSlayer5778

Hey guys! I am currently working on my first map, and there were a few questions about using Radiant that I had  :D

1. I was wondering how you could make hills or large rocks, because I can't seem to figure out how.

2. I was reading about making zones, but I don't know where the mapname.gsc file is. In other words, I don't know where root/mods/mapname/maps is  ;)

Any feedback would be appreciated; I am new to using Radiant, so I don't know how to do all these things  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8 years ago
Oh, and by the way Harry, this is the error I get  ::)

8 years ago
Did you open it as Administrator?
Thanks mate! It worked!  :)

Double Post Merge: December 24, 2015, 12:18:09 am
Just one more question  :D

When I compiled and built my map, it won't launch. It says I need a mod to run the map, although I compiled it and everything. No idea what is wrong :/
8 years ago
Hey guys its me again  :D

For some reason when I compile maps or build mods, an error pops up:

Sometimes if I press "continue" it crashes. Someone please help I would like to test my map  :-\
8 years ago

go to your mod folder in root/mods

it WILL be there, but WILL NOT be in appdata

when you "build mod" it "copies" the patch FF from the root directory to the appdata folder ALONG with the other things needed to play your map - so that you can launch and test it - after this point it WILL show in the list of mods in COD5, or can be launched via the "run game" tab in launcher

if the patch "wasnt" there, it could still build mod but it would just throw a error saying scripts are missing when you try to start the game

you keep saying "it no work" but your giving us exactly 0 on details and im yet to figure out why exactly you think the patch is a problem or what leads you to even think you have a problem to begin with? what exactly are you expecting a 300kb file with virtually nothing relevent in it to do? Its only "a part" of your mod and prob the most uneeded, it means "nothing" on its own "at all". You compile it once - done. Its never a issue and the errors your posting are totally irrelevent and just popping up because treyarch packaged this like a bag of ^%&

I mean hell, you could even use some one elses from any old mod and just rename it?, as they are "all the same" - except the custom ones we provide with our packs ( like my perks because "I" added stuff to it )

did you actually use a script placer to create your mod or did you just create a map in radiant? If the latter it explains everything
Ok thanks Harry!  :D I just think I overlooked some stuff because I am a noob  ;)
8 years ago
have you actually looked to see if one is made?

anyway it wont do anything until you "build the mod"

and as i already said, that error you posted is 100% irrelevent and can be completely ignored...
When I compile it it doesn't do anything, so therefore I can't build the mod because it doesn't show up.
8 years ago
if youve compiled the patch, then they "already are" compiled into the MAPNAME_patch.ff that is now in root/mods/YOURMOD/

the patch only has things like the dogs in it anyway, barely anything in it, hence why its so small
There is one problem with that though: since I get errors every time I compile, it doesn't make the patch.ff file  :(
8 years ago
No coz everytime you compile it your just compiling the same assets in over and over and over

only needs doing once - unless you make changes to your patch zone_source file, which i doubt you ever would
Where do the assets go? Because for me, they go nowhere and I just get fucking errors every time.  ???
8 years ago
For the most part, it's not needed. I am not completely sure when to do it, but f.example when installing Harry's 400fx fix you need to do it. Note that it can fuck up your mod if it contains such as .ff-files :)
These are the errors I get when I try to compile:

"C:\users\me\AppData\Local\Activation\CodWaW\mods\HumorModTWO\mod.arena.iwd is denied"

That is one of the problems I got, the other ones are similar to this. Then the console tries to copy stuff, but it still doesn't work  :( ???

8 years ago
You mean compiling? After you compile map/build mod in Launcher you should be able to just open WaW and play it...
What do I do with the patch and the .map? When I compile them, all that pops up are errors...
8 years ago
Open console, type either:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
devmap yourmapname
// or
map yourmapname
I don't mean start it that way, I mean how to get your map into a file with all of the stuff in it  :)
8 years ago
Hey guys I am a nooby mapper here, and I have created my first map. The only problem is, I don't know how to start it. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!  ;)
8 years ago
Finally got it to work! Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it!  ;)
8 years ago
you should extract the downloads directly into root, its already set out in the appropriate file tree in the download from that point on
But do you mean I put all of the files in the folders in my root directory, or just the folders?
8 years ago
DLL error was fixed in the 1.2 patch iirc which means you probably didn't install them correctly, so what Harry said, "full" steps and also make sure you're putting them in your root directory for WaW, so you should end up with a shit load of folders in your CoD WaW folder.
I was putting the whole folders in my root directory. Does this mean that I should just put the individual files in my directory?
8 years ago
Loading ...