or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - vinnyz500

So what started as a map idea yesterday night, turned into me getting full fledged devoted to making this happen. This is a crash bandicoot 1-2-3 map. It wont be possible to release without some serious scripting help. I can make a lot of things work myself but i will need help or this style will be worthless. It is Linear, so each thing is its own stage. Here are things i need help with, if you are so kind as to make this map possible, it can turn out to be a really great thing.

Ideas on how to make this work

Ok, so i want this to be an arcade style zombies map. There will be such a large variety of stages with varying lengths so each would have to be slightly adjusted, but i have these ideas in mind which can work globally among each stage. Ill try to keep this barebones and well organized so its easy to understand what i need help accomplishing. A star ( ***) next to the beginning means that this is 100% required, as there is no way i can get around it

• ***The map would have timed game play throughout each stage.
  • ***This timed gameplay needs to be able to reset, timer optional. Zombie health and speed must be set back to its 0:00 values when the player completes the stage. All player weapons must be taken as well, perks can remain to help as the stages get harder
  • Players need to be able to break the crates to scavenge weapons, simply play the breaking wood FX and set the trigger to mele only and have it around each box or something of the sort? Loose weapons can drop or possibly like the Origins style where it shows up as a powerup. Would need guns to come from qx mark boxes, nothing come from the standard boxes, perk come from the aku aku boxes, and ammo come from the jump boxes. Life boxes PaP Current weapon?. Hopefully you get the concept
  • The tier of weaponry would need to get better as the stage progressed, going from shit weapons to PaP weapons as the timer climbs up. Maybe a script_noteworthy can do this on the trigger when its broken? This system does NOT need to be random
  • ***There must be doors that when activated go on a 2 min or 3 min timer before they open (Either delete or slide up). This fits the linear style of each stage. This will make each stage take roughly 10 or 15 mins to complete, making it a hour and a half map or so which would be sweet
  • A possible key system, so you collect the key for the next stage in the previous stage allowing players to replay previous stages if they wanted, totally un necessary.
  • A hub area where there is no zombies and the timer stops. This is where the player will select the stage. Without this beating the previous stage will just make the player start the next one immediately, which would be hard because there will be literally no break time

If some and or all of these things cant be or arent completed, ill have to just compromise with what i got but it will really take away from this concept i have in my head of an arcade style true to base Crash Bandicoot map. Again, stars are honestly the most important ones so if you think you can do any of them, id appreciate it soo much. Thanks scripters. If you want to help PM me and ill put your name next to the thing you are offering to do, seriously you wont even know how much it will help me.

Other little things that would be nice [Will update this]
-Make the weak planks function like in crash on the bridge

Keep in mind, i started this yesterday as of 7/21/16. I can probably get anywhere between 5 and 10 stages done, closer to 7. The style is extremely simple and barebones to make it look as if it was straight out of the game. Here are pictures of stages i had made so far, and these stages can be extended or made shorter, the style is linear so it is really easy to adjust as there isn't too much variety between each section. There are no FX in here yet, trust me it will look much better when i add them. This goes for the Road to Nowhere level the most, but ill add some bubbles and stuff to the toxic and some nice clouds or something for the Arabic level and extreme darkness for the last bit i show.
Pictures

Toxic Waste

Hang'em High
Map by FireWavezZ, ported by me

Road to Nowhere
There will be extremely heavy fog like in the game

Fumbling in the Dark
*Current WIP, just started 7/21/16*

8 years ago
Map link updated, you are free to download it now!
8 years ago
ok, compliling the fixed version. Falling now just brings you back to the start, the only part you will get downed without jug is the big spike pit the rest you can fall and be okay. Zombie hug also has been adressed and the link will be up whenever my internet allows it to be
8 years ago
everybody chill, I've been working got called in yesterday night so no time to fix, if I can tomorrow morning I will sorry guys if not I'm going Away for the weekend so 3 days at most
8 years ago
DYKIP This is the 19th time this month My Graphics settings reset. I keep telling you It never did that before T4M! PLEASE FIX DUDE!
bro it takes 30 seconds to fix it, is it really worth complaining about

all you do is complain
8 years ago
this is really cool

if i may ask, how did you make the skybox? It looks really nice
8 years ago
Vector has painful damage stats
the Tac19 does NOT Reload as fast as Gary can run
Again What the hell is the sudden boom with Natesmith's weapons
Platforming puts me in some killbarrier in the goober house
quick revive doesnt scare zombies away AND NO GUN To defend with
will fix, and what is with your feelings towards his guns  :please: their nice ports and easy to add I see no problem
8 years ago
 ::)

amazing
8 years ago

Code Snippet
Plaintext
TZP_TeleportDeathTrigger(){
TeleDeathTrigger = getEntArray( "enter", "targetname" );
array_thread( TeleDeathTrigger, ::TeleportToDeath );
}
TeleportToDeath()
{
while(1)
{
self waittill("trigger", player);
TeleDest = getent(self.target,"targetname");
player linkto(TeleDest);
wait(.3); player unlink(); wait(.2); // leave this wait - tzp
radiusdamage(player.origin, 20, player.health + 100, player.health + 100);
}
}

Why does this restart the map in co op, it uses a trigger_multiple and teleportes the player to a script_struct when they fall into the pit. It is supposed to just down the player

Would there be a way to modify this to just take away 1000 points if they fall into the pit and teleport them without downing them?
Thanks everyone
8 years ago
It shouldn't restart the map - that's a error in the script

Use radiusdamage not dodamage on players

Code Snippet
Plaintext
TZP_TeleportDeathTrigger(){
TeleDeathTrigger = getEntArray( "enter", "targetname" );
array_thread( TeleDeathTrigger, ::TeleportToDeath );
}
TeleportToDeath()
{
while(1)
{
self waittill("trigger", player);
TeleDest = getent(self.target,"targetname");
player linkto(TeleDest);
wait(.3); player unlink(); wait(.2); // leave this wait - tzp
radiusdamage(player.origin, 20, player.health + 100, player.health + 100);
}
}

radiusdamage is already used?

small update on the update, im clipping the upwards part of jellyfish fields thus doubled the size of the playable area on that part of the map, fixed many bugs reported and working on fixing the rest of them, may add an objective to the map at some point, update is delayed another 2-3 weeks because finals next 2 weeks
8 years ago
This is more detailed of what i meant by my post. please update the map. I hate maps that restart once you fall off a platform.
Ill Add an option to pay to skip it for probably 1500 points because of all of your concerns. If I have time this weekend I'll release a patched up version with some new stuff and fixes
8 years ago
Great map! I enjoyed playing it for the first time last night. The taxi system is a great add. One update you should add is for the game to NOT restart when you kill yourself when jumping onto the platforms to get to jugg etc. Unfortunately that was the cause of multiple retries on the map when my teammate would fail to get jugg. I was able to get it though XD Great map! 9/10
any chance you can PM me to elaborate on that restart aspect, I never saw that happen before in testing
8 years ago
omg i cant believe its finnally out vinny nice job me and my gf gonna have a blast playing this today! <3
raidi pls  ::)
8 years ago
Quick Revive didn't work for me m8.
(Image removed from quote.)

Also, noticed a few holes in the map, nothing big enough to fall through or even see if you're not looking for them, so don't worry about it.
odd, worked every time I was testing so that's weird. Adding it to the list
8 years ago
i just realized why my file size is so big, ill reupload the 120 less mb files tomorrow i totally forgot to remove my backup assets sorry for those with slow connection, just wait a day or 2 ill have it fixed  :)
8 years ago
Loading ...