Ideas on how to make this work
Ok, so i want this to be an arcade style zombies map. There will be such a large variety of stages with varying lengths so each would have to be slightly adjusted, but i have these ideas in mind which can work globally among each stage. Ill try to keep this barebones and well organized so its easy to understand what i need help accomplishing. A star ( ***) next to the beginning means that this is 100% required, as there is no way i can get around it
- ***The map would have timed game play throughout each stage.
- ***This timed gameplay needs to be able to reset, timer optional. Zombie health and speed must be set back to its 0:00 values when the player completes the stage. All player weapons must be taken as well, perks can remain to help as the stages get harder
- Players need to be able to break the crates to scavenge weapons, simply play the breaking wood FX and set the trigger to mele only and have it around each box or something of the sort? Loose weapons can drop or possibly like the Origins style where it shows up as a powerup. Would need guns to come from qx mark boxes, nothing come from the standard boxes, perk come from the aku aku boxes, and ammo come from the jump boxes. Life boxes PaP Current weapon?. Hopefully you get the concept
- The tier of weaponry would need to get better as the stage progressed, going from shit weapons to PaP weapons as the timer climbs up. Maybe a script_noteworthy can do this on the trigger when its broken? This system does NOT need to be random
- ***There must be doors that when activated go on a 2 min or 3 min timer before they open (Either delete or slide up). This fits the linear style of each stage. This will make each stage take roughly 10 or 15 mins to complete, making it a hour and a half map or so which would be sweet
- A possible key system, so you collect the key for the next stage in the previous stage allowing players to replay previous stages if they wanted, totally un necessary.
- A hub area where there is no zombies and the timer stops. This is where the player will select the stage. Without this beating the previous stage will just make the player start the next one immediately, which would be hard because there will be literally no break time
If some and or all of these things cant be or arent completed, ill have to just compromise with what i got but it will really take away from this concept i have in my head of an arcade style true to base Crash Bandicoot map. Again, stars are honestly the most important ones so if you think you can do any of them, id appreciate it soo much. Thanks scripters. If you want to help PM me and ill put your name next to the thing you are offering to do, seriously you wont even know how much it will help me.
Other little things that would be nice [Will update this]
-Make the weak planks function like in crash on the bridge
Keep in mind, i started this yesterday as of 7/21/16. I can probably get anywhere between 5 and 10 stages done, closer to 7. The style is extremely simple and barebones to make it look as if it was straight out of the game. Here are pictures of stages i had made so far, and these stages can be extended or made shorter, the style is linear so it is really easy to adjust as there isn't too much variety between each section. There are no FX in here yet, trust me it will look much better when i add them. This goes for the Road to Nowhere level the most, but ill add some bubbles and stuff to the toxic and some nice clouds or something for the Arabic level and extreme darkness for the last bit i show.
Map by FireWavezZ, ported by me
Road to Nowhere
There will be extremely heavy fog like in the game
Fumbling in the Dark
*Current WIP, just started 7/21/16*