or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - vinnyz500

Hey, i need a small script to kill a zombie when they touch a certain trig and respawn the zombie, the trig does not need to be deleted, i need it as a failsafe for another script i have. It barley bugs out but there is that once in 10 rounds it does happen, and the zombies just get stuck in a loop lol. Thanks
9 years ago
Downloaded the BO3 beta in hopes my r9 270x and FX 6350 with 8gb ram can run on atleast medium at a decent framerate.

I was wrong

Low settings gets 60fps with DROPS down to 30 when in combat. This is on 1920x1080. Now, when i lower it to a much lower resolution i still seem to get drops in gunfights, its as if i didnt even lower it at all. Yes, im running vsync and such.

Keep in mind i can run BO2 on extra at a constant 80.

What is it with all the new COD's (and games in general) optimizing poorly, its as if their making the games for the consoles alone and just porting it to PC. Yes, graphics increase so the frames will drop a bit, but in COD's case i think BO3 looks almost the same as BO2 but runs half as good. Are you guys getting playable framerates or no? Are companies just milking the consoles because more people will play on them thus they purely optimize on consoles? Dont even know anymore  :D

EDIT: Yes, it is beta. And there are no drivers for it yet, i understand. But it shouldn't run this bad on a machine that runs BO2 flawless
9 years ago
Hey, random dicsussion here. I'm always on my computer even with people around and they always ask what im doin and stuff, and i explain the whole thing and how its just for fun and stuff. The number one thing they say: Can you sell it?  :D then i proceed to say no but they keep asking why and shit. Now im wondering: What do your guys's friends/family say about it   :o

Also, my friends that play custom zombies number 1 statement: Zach finish your god damn spongebob map  ;D
9 years ago
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WRRRMnY9m1bJbhjpE9ggv0Wc0K0gvQE4giVcUL4No24/viewform?usp=send_form

Do you watch anime? I see mostly everyone on UGX has an anime picture as their profile pic, so i was curious to see the base of people that do. I personally don't like anime but i dont hate people that do (Unless your a dirty weaboo). Vote in the poll now   :D

edit: no clue how to add polls directly onto the fourm, so for now its in google docs and ill post the results in a week or 2
9 years ago
A skyrim theme map, still deciding on the city i would like to remake. Probably whiterun. Starting from castlle and working my way out to the entire city. Updates every month until i decide to slow down

Features:
Spoiler: click to open...
Bo1 Guns
Bo1/2 perks
Teleportation system (mabey)
FX :P

Screenshots:[MAP LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THIS NOW]
Spoiler: click to open...

ill be working on this every night and will update progress in 5-7 days

Update Week 1:
! No longer available
9 years ago
Hey, this has been my side project for a while. I was just going to release it without a W.I.P but i could use some help on some scripting things i need done (Very tiny things, should be fairly simple to make if you would like to help me out). It is subject to change, in terms of FX (Adding light snow and some other things [Probably limited visibility also]). The map will feature the 4 default perks with some halo guns and BO weapons. Nothing too special, it was mainly made to be a small, interesting layout challenge map. It really is unique in terms of the directions you can go and i can safely say it will be challenging. I will add a buyable and some other things to the map, but it will be pretty bare bones. Well, here is some pictures. 

The original Halo map:

9 years ago
Hey, wondering a quick question. I'm ordering a new build for my little brothers birthday, and I wanna cut back on the OS for some extra GPU power, and I am wondering; can you install window 10 for free without any prior OS installed? Or anyone know a reliable win 7 or 8 crack (lel gonna get hate) I could use. Mainly made this for the win10 question. Thanks :D
9 years ago
This is not more along the lines of help, but more along the lines of a request. Could ANYBODY figure out a way to develop an app that can make a model solid? I'm no genius but i know this could be done. If you are that one guy that wants to make everyone in the world happy, here are some ideas on how it may work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Idea 1: What if there was a way you could develop an app for maya that can some how have a separate export option and instead of it exporting a .xmodel_export it exports a .map file with the exact model, except it has the clip texture applied to it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Idea 2: You save the model in a seperate .map file ( Like a prefab) and it copies the model and spits the same thing except with the clip texture applied to it back as a .map

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Idea 3: Somehow find out how COD reads the data on a clip to say ''Hey, this is solid'' and work with it *garbage idea*

An app like this would be really helpful for many map developers, in terms of ripping from other videogames
9 years ago
Hey, was wondering if it was possible to have negative/larger space inside an object, for example a huge forest in a little box. Sorta like the spyro portals
9 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7AlfSA_EzQ

I got pretty bored and decided to speedrun my map. If you decide to beat me (which im sure you will) Post your video here! I currently hold the record for speed @33:01. Try to beat me and post your video below.
9 years ago
Code Snippet
Plaintext
Using picmip 0 on most textures, 0 on normal maps, and 0 on specular maps
      dvar set ui_showList 0
      dvar set ui_hud_hardcore 0
      dvar set ui_uav_allies 0
      dvar set ui_uav_axis 0
      dvar set ui_uav_client 0
      dvar set ui_allow_classchange 0
      dvar set ui_allow_teamchange 0
Missing { in info file
      dvar set ui_isSaving 0
      dvar set ui_mousePitch 0
      dvar set ui_netGametypeName zom
Save Message First Frame Shown: 21126
Database: Assets Sync Started
Database: Assets Sync Finished
BinkOpen failed on c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\video\mario_load.bik because: Error opening file.
BinkOpen failed on c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\raw\video\mario_load.bik because: Error opening file.
R_Cinematic_BinkOpen 'mario_load' failed: BinkOpen: Error opening file.; trying default.
Unloaded fastfile ui
PMem_Free( ui, 0 )
Loading fastfile localized_mario
Loading fastfile 'localized_mario'
used 12.39 MB memory in DB alloc
Loading fastfile mario_patch
Loading fastfile 'mario_patch'
used 1.26 MB memory in DB alloc
Loading fastfile mario
      dvar set ui_controllerPulled -1
      dvar set ui_pendingControllerPullEvent -1
      dvar set nextmap map_restart
      dvar set cl_paused 0
Loading fastfile 'mario'
Error: Need 6048036 more bytes of 'main' physical ram for alloc to succeed
Out of memory: filename 'C:\cod5\cod\codsrc\src\universal\physicalmemory.cpp', line 966

How do i fix this ''Out of memeory''?
9 years ago
Code Snippet
Plaintext
------ Server Initialization ------
Server: mario
----- R_Init -----
DirectX reports 1024 MB of video memory and 3725 MB of available texture memory.
Using video memory size to cap used texture memory at 1008 MB.
Picmip is set manually.
Using picmip 0 on most textures, 0 on normal maps, and 0 on specular maps
Missing { in info file
Save Message First Frame Shown: 60465
BinkOpen failed on c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\video\mario_load.bik because: Error opening file.
BinkOpen failed on c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\raw\video\mario_load.bik because: Error opening file.
R_Cinematic_BinkOpen 'mario_load' failed: BinkOpen: Error opening file.; trying default.
Unloaded fastfile ui
PMem_Free( ui, 0 )
Loading fastfile localized_mario
Loading fastfile 'localized_mario'
used 12.39 MB memory in DB alloc
Database: Asset

Unhandled exception caught

right before fuckin release... great.

All i made changes to were the following:

Removed one line of code reguarding an invincibility powerup in here:

Commented out the code for it:

And changed the shader for unlimited ammo:

I tried reversing all i did and no luck. Help would be appreciated
9 years ago
picture says a thousand words. It is a fairly large model ripped from a videogame

EDIT: I fixed it, just split the model into many tiny bits. You can remove this if you want...
9 years ago
Title says it all. Ive been looking at tutorials on ZM by YaPh1ll [forgive me] http://www.zombiemodding.com/index.php?topic=14036.0 and script placer Z seems to use a different method of having player variants than the tutorial mentioned. Would be nice to figure out how to do this as someone made me a set of 4 custom viewhands. Thanks :) (Basically how do i remove character variants)

EDIT: This is legit the only thing holding me back from releasing my SM64 map, so the sooner the response the better 8)

Double Post Merge: April 05, 2015, 09:03:30 pm
can somebody please help me with this, I really want to release my map and I need to know how to remove the character variations
9 years ago
Title says it all. I need it for just one player, not all  ( The one who touches it ). Thanks
9 years ago
Loading ...