or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - Eggies

So I was testing my map and I realized my doors say "Press F to Clear Debris" rather than "Press F to open door".

Is there a way I can change the text to anything I want? I looked in the trigger in front of the door and maybe it's "cursorhint" or "hintstring"?

For the most part I just want "Press F to open door" but there is ONE door that I want to have custom text for.

Thanks!  :)
9 years ago
So I pressed M to bring up the entities on my map, and it said I have 39 worldspawns. But when your press N with nothing selected it says every map should have 1 worldspawn. How to get rid of the other 38 worldspawns? Or am I supposed to keep them for some reason?  ???
9 years ago
Hello. So I've been asking around if anyone knows why this issue has been happening, but nothing seems to work.

Basically I've been getting an error of 1600 loaded sounds limit, so I did what everyone said to do: Put # in front of any sounds you don't need in your map's .csv like this:

I check in the asset counter and it says I have 1299 loaded sounds:

I then compile my map, and I get these errors:

I think these errors have something to do with the problem. Anyways, I go back after compiling and put my map back into asset counter and BOOM my sounds are back up again to 1434:

Once I can fix it I can FINALLY (hopefully) release my map after a few tweaks. Thanks in advance  :)
9 years ago
SO basically, this is a problem that arose from my last post, about how I hit the limit of 1600 loaded sounds. However, this is slightly different. Getting rid of sounds in my maps and weapons .csv file doesn't seem to affect anything. I can tell because I put my maps csv file into the asset counter and it says I have 1434 out of 1600 loaded sounds. So the first problem is that, if this is true, I should not be getting ANY error AT ALL. Also, I went into the same "csv"s that I went into last time, and promptly removed at least 120. (Mind you by this point I have removed almost 700 sounds, 360 of which are voiceovers.) I went back to the asset counter and it STILL said I have 1434 out of 1600 sounds. One person said maybe I didn't compile it correctly. First I built my mod with the usual settings:

Then I compiled my map with the usual settings:

Then I tried launching it again. Same error. Same amount of sounds (according to asset counter)

Any help at all would be REALLY appreciated.  :alone:
9 years ago
Hello, I know most people have said this before, and I've seen what everyone says to do: Put a # in front of any sounds you don't want in weapons.csv file like:

#weap_tt33_fire_ubershot_st,,SFX/Weapon/blahblahblah  :rainbow:

I AM using Harrybo's perks and I AM aware that it will make your reach the limit of fx/soundaliases

However, I have a few concerns with this:

1. Will doing this affect ANY OTHER map's tt33 sounds?

2. Am I doing it right?

3. I've did that to like AT LEAST 100 lines, is it ACTUALLY solving anything?

4. I use notepad++ and all the text is just black. Is it supposed to become like gray when I do that?

Sorry for asking a lot of questions, but I need to get this straight, because I don't want to damage anything just to have Harrybo's Perks.

Thanks in advance  :D
9 years ago
So basically, I have a stair case that goes down into a basement. However the basement is a square. So how would I make both the staircase and the basement ONE ZONE. Remember the entire thing is shaped like a spatula. Also I cant just draw a huge box around it because then it would overlap other zones. Any help would be appreciated.  :)
9 years ago
As the title says, How do I merge things like walls and textures, because I split walls MANY times because of windows but I don't know how to put them back together.  ???
9 years ago
Hello, so to help my map I need to know how to make stairs and ramps (to make more floors), broken doors that act as windows (like in Kino Der Toten), and mounds of rubble that can be found in most official maps.

Thanks  :)
9 years ago
I've had this problem ever since I made my map. The windows are easily jumped out of if you just let a zombie break it down, jump, and crouch at the same time. I consider making the whole window smaller, but wouldn't this affect the zombies ability to get in too? Any solution is greatly appreciated.  :)
9 years ago
I've looked at tutorials but all of them show how to put in a VIDEO or require an expensive tool. Is there a way I can just put a simple image into the loadscreen and coop lobby? Thanks  :)
9 years ago
So I wanted to add some tall grass and tall trees to my map. However the "textures>usage>foliage" has nothing good. How do I go about making nature-ish stuff? (like rocks, trees, grass, that looks good UP CLOSE.)

Any help would be appreciated  :)
9 years ago
So I saw a tutorial on the forums on how to add a zombie counter. However, I'm completely new when it comes to scripting. I did everything I could think of, but it still wouldn't show up in game. My .gsc looks like this

I believe the second image is correctly placed. So I think it's the first line. However, I don't know where to place it.

Any help with an image would be really helpful  :)
9 years ago
So, I'm just about to finish my map (maybe one or two more things) but I came up with a last minute problem. Someone had told me that my map name was already taken.  :poker:

However I feel like putting my .map into the script placer and just generating it would leave out things I put into my gsc (like a zombie counter) and other things IDK about.

Any help would be appreciated  :)
9 years ago
So I looked inside the tutorial section of mapping and on the wiki, but all of them just give tutorials on a specific thing (teleporters, etc.) I also looked on youtube, but all I find are out-of-date or just not that good. Are there any tutorials that cover the basics of mapping? Any help would be appreciated  :)
9 years ago
So I had an error that made me SO frustrated. I tried to add an endgame camera cinematic (from the wiki) But it didn't work. EVEN WORSE, now I can't build or compile my map. I get "Error -1073741819" when it completes ;-; The last 2 kines always say

args: -nopause -language english -moddir nazi_zombie_house mod
Fastfile 1 of 1, "mod": [ver. 387] process...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm so close to finishing my map  :(
9 years ago
Loading ...