or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - thezombieproject

Yeah, I was agreeing with ya

got u  :)
8 years ago
I recently tested bwc's purple square, and the teddy bear from waw, both are shootable. They can start with either of those for testing if they decide to go that route.

im mainly talking about my experience with using setcandamage . who knows what models hes going to use for testing.
i was thinking he might use a model that didnt work like i did so to save time i was giving him a heads up on what he can do to get it to work if he goes this route .
8 years ago
keep in mind  using setcandamage  will not work on some models especially ones i ported from other games.
for it to work you need to reconvert the model with  collisionLOD.
If theres a easier way id love to know but thats how i got it to work for me on all my shootable models.
8 years ago
try making a box / brush around the model / spawner, with the bush selected  go to : selection > select > select inside
8 years ago
I had so much fun beta testing this. One of my favorite CZ Maps. Amazing work on this MC :)
ima download the released version now :D
8 years ago
  I just added and tested and everything works great.
+1 :)
8 years ago
i had the same issue the fx are most likely commented out in your zombiemode.csv in zone source
try uncommenting it then save and recompile map

OR easier way would be to just add this line to your fastfile mod.csv in mod builder
build mod and it should work

Code Snippet
Plaintext
fx,maps/zombie/fx_zombie_dog_lightning_buildup

let me know if it works
8 years ago
go to this link https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,6715.msg73264.html#msg73264 and download the file towards the bottom of the page. its a prefab that contains all the waw textures so when you open it you can see all the textures including all the water textures

ok sweet ill check that out thanks ;)
8 years ago
idk , 2 years ago when i first installed mod tools i had like 20+ water textures. Since then i have reinstalled a few times and ever since i reinstalled i only have 9 shitty water textures. If i look in materials all the textures are there, they just dont want to show in radiant.
If i can get my hands on a .map file with the water textures on brushes im pretty sure that will load them in radiant.
 I didnt have the Water_Dynamic texture so i opened a old map in radiant that had that texture and now i have it in radiant.
8 years ago
Whaaats Up Guys,
So im missing a ton of water textures  i only have a total of 9 available in radiant. If i check my materials i can see all the
textures, i have them there just not showing up in radiant. I tried removing some textures/materials from raw, thinking maybe its a limit issue and nothing. This happens every time i reinstall Fresh Mod Tools Not Sure Why? :(

The only thing i can think of to fix it is to have someone send me or post a .map file with the water textures on brushes.
Can someone quickly post a .map file with the water textures?

OR if you know of a different way to fix this i would love to know.

Cya
8 years ago
Also, another good way to learn gsc is by looking the Scripting Help Desk in the forum and trying to script yourself whatever people ask. Even though it's already solved, just to test yourself. This'll make you look to the Script Reference to find functions you need or look to some WaW scripts to see how to do some things.

I think that's what helped me the most. When I started learning gsc I used to go here and tried to find the errors in people's scripts or tried to script people's requests.

You'll start making shitty scripts at the beginning (if you saw the scripts I made for my first map... :D ) but you'll improve them in some time.

lol this is exactly what it do.  I like to challenge myself and see if i can script certain things or ideas more efficient.
 If i think its a good idea, if i think i can learn something new from it, then ill try and script it.
Its funny cause  now i have endless scripts in a folder im not using lol.
https://gyazo.com/5b79eefb861ed50541e0c526fcd95bf4
The scripts are kinda going to waste now but i did learn alot from making them.
8 years ago
looks great , with how big this looks i think i might try and find a team of 4 for this one.
8 years ago
i made Five Style Electric Trap script with Buildable Handle like on five. Pm me if you need it :)
i might be releasing a tut for it if i have time but if not, you can just pm me and ill give it.
8 years ago
amazing, i love the old shino style maps. your detail is A-1. You plan on keeping the WAW weapons?
8 years ago
I like how you didnt modify raw file for this, even though it would have been easier to just open FX, remove model segment and save, lol

agree thats how i did mine also. as for MJPWGaming thats not a bad alternative good thinking  ;)
Also here is the fixed PAP fx if you need it...
 https://www.dropbox.com/s/qe6zcsube8c80yr/PackAPunch_FXFix.zip?dl=0
8 years ago
Loading ...