or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - SPi

SPi and Nikolai Belinski a.k.a. Bogdan managed to come up with a method of making IW6 AI models compatible to iw3-4-5 skeleton.
We can share our edited skeleton here for you all to use.
There are 3 versions of the skeleton.
  • For fullbodymodels
  • For headmodels
  • For bodymodels
The method is the following.

• Dragdrop our edited skeleton in the Maya scene.
  • Dragdrop the IW6 AI model in the Maya scene.
  • Remove IW6 Skeleton.
  • Dragdrop the IW6 bind file.
  • Remove the following bones from our edited skeleton:

j_coatfront_le
j_coatfront_ri
j_coatrear_le
j_coatrear_ri
j_pelvishelper_le
j_pelvishelper_ri
j_latiss_le
j_latiss_ri
j_teres_le
j_teres_ri
j_pectoral_le
j_pectoral_ri

• Under j_head keep ONLY the following bones and remove all other:
j_head_end
j_helmet
j_jaw
tag_eye

• Rename the following bones:
j_kneehelper_le -> j_knee_bulge_le
j_kneehelper_ri -> j_knee_bulge_ri
j_wristfronttwist1_le -> j_wristfronttwist_le
j_wristfronttwist1_ri -> j_wristfronttwist_ri

• Your model should be ready for export.

Here are the skeleton rigs.
mega.nz

Enjoy!

2 years ago

Rooftops Revisited is a modern warfare themed custom campaign level for Call of Duty World At War.

This mod is not a sequel nor a prequel to the COD4 Rooftops Series. It is an extended redesign of the third level of the first Rooftops Campaign but this time for for World At War for the purposes of exploring the concept of co-op in the game using a modern themed level.

The mod brings lots of modern warfare elements such as an entirely redesigned menu based on the MW3 menu layout. Almost entirely using ingame assets like weapons, models, props and textures from the MW series.

The map is a redesign of the third level of the Fanmade Call of Duty 4 Rooftops Campaign. The whole level is entirely consistent of action packed gameplay.

The aproximate development time of this mod is one month. 15 days for the map making, and around 15 more for the assets and other fixes that were necessary.
There is a livestream playlist on youtube where the whole mapping proceedure of the map can be seen:

Map's Making Of YouTube Playlist

There is no actual story besides its ties with the Rooftops Campaigns where it's based on. The one and only objective is get on and fight through the Rooftops and secure the LZ so you can escape.

The map is optimized for co-op and it can be played from 1 up to 4 players. Each player will take the role of a different character in the level, however the roles are just visual. There's no actual difference besides starting weapons on characters.

The mod files are packed in a zip with a readme.txt that includes clear instructions on how to install of the mod.

The mod is created and tested in the original WAW version 1.7.1263. T4M is not necessary.

It is highly suggested to explore the rest of the Rooftop Series mod projects for COD4.

The mod was officially released on April 5, 2022 on moddb:

Moddb Release

However, since UGX is the largest WAW modding community, I thought it shouldn't be missing from here.

If you wish to watch the map before you play it, here's a 4 player co-op walkthrough of it.

Finally, here's the download link of the mod in mega.nz for you to download and play for yourself.
Installation instructions included in the file.

mega.nz

Enjoy!

2 years ago
Greetings everyone. I am a Call of Duty 4 Custom Singleplayer Mission Mapper/Scripter. Some of you may know me as I have been around here for sometime. i have't done anything related to zombies so I am not very popular here. Anyway my main Campaign is almost ready for release. So I took the chance to make a new Story Trailer about it.
Enjoy :)
8 years ago
Hi everyone.
So the campaign is almost done and soon the last thing that I will need to do is add voice acting.
Now if any of you is willing to help you must know there are some requirements I'd like you to have so I can accept you as voice acting on my campaign.

First of all, a decent required accent. If I need for example British accent, you must be able to perform dialogue lines with normal british accent. If I need Russian accent, you must be able to do russian accent and so on.

Furthermore, you should have a good mic. I don't ask for a super high quality microphone. A normal quality microphone that records your voice good enough without static, noise or other interfierence will do.

Now, If anyone is interested, I will give a dialogue below given the situation and accent of each character, so you can experiment yourself and send me the recordings you did.

Important note: Please make "SPi" sound like "spee" I know it's not 100% correct but it's my thing. Please keep it in mind.

Loz - British Accent
Pilot Michael - American accent (Try to make him sound like the Big Bird pilot from Official COD4 Campaign)
Captain Sasha - Russian accent
Antonio - High class British Accent (If you played Portal 2, try make him sound like Wheatley)

Loz - Scene 1
(Loz gives directions to his teammates about the mission)
Code Snippet
Plaintext
Loz: Alright everyone, listen up. Paul's coordinates lead in a nearby village. 
Loz: SPi, take Pan and Alex and investigate that village.
Loz: The rest of us will wait here.

Loz - Scene 2
(Loz is under fire in combat)
Code Snippet
Plaintext
Loz: I've got C4, I'm gonna blow them, clear the area so I can plant 'em.
Loz: Clear. I'm going to plant C4 on the crates.
(Later in combat)
Loz: We're in the middle of a shit storm here, if we won't do something fast, we're screwed SPi!

Pilot Michael - Scene 1
(Michael is driving his helicopter and contacting his team for Landing Zone directions)
Code Snippet
Plaintext
Michael: We're approaching the city ETA 5 Minutes.
SPi: Better do it fast Michael. We won't last too long if you're too late.
Michael: Just make sure the LZ is clear and we'll get you

Antonio - Scene 1
(He is talking to the player via radio)
Code Snippet
Plaintext
Antonio: Good, thank you so much. Now my team knows where I am and that I'm in trouble. They will soon be here in the outskirts of the city to take me to safety.
Antonio: Anyway, enough talking. I have one last task for you before I give you my help.

Captain Sasha - Scene 1
(Captain Sasha is going to report to the antagonist of the story about losing the goodguys)
Code Snippet
Plaintext
Cap. Shasha: Comrade General!
Gen. Romanov: Are they dead Captain Sasha?
Cap. Shasha: Negative sir, half of their team escaped with their chopper, the rest slipped from our hands in the sewers.

Good Luck and Have Fun.
I don't promise I will reply to all participants. But I will try to do so.

8 years ago
FINALLY!!!

Are you guys hyped for a new game set in World War I ??  :D
I personally like 20th century theater based games (especially if they have to do with WWI or WWII)
so this looks like a very cool and awesome upcoming game for me. Regarding on the reveal trailer for now.

What do you guys think of it?
8 years ago
Hi. As a COD community, I think this is a good time to begin this thread about the new COD Infinite Warfare and the COD4 remastered Reveal Trailer.
What do you guys think about them?

Here's my short version opinion.
Generally, I don't like future games, so Infinite Warfare is out of the list. (as BO2, AW and BO3 were)
However, COD MW Remastered looked amazing and it was a great idea. Nonetheless, I think COD4 didn't need a remaster yet. They obviously did it for more money (as they always do) and to increase the chances of getting many copies of Infinite Warfare sold. I believe Call of Duty 1 needed a good remaster regardless if it's as widely known as COD4 is or not. Like, imagine a good remaster of COD1 in 2013 (10 year COD anniversary) with COD Ghosts. It would be awesome but not if they make us buy a new COD for it like they do now.

That's all from me. Waiting your thoughts  ;)
8 years ago
Hi,
I have got a problem on radiant when I select a patch and press V to view and edit the verts.
But when I select one or more instead of becoming blue and able to move, they become red and i cant edit them.
Is there any case someone know what causes it?

8 years ago
Does anyone have any idea if we can do or simulate motion blur in cod4/cod5?
Like the one Advanced Warfare has in missions?
Maybe with a vision file? I have no idea. That's why I ask for help from here.

Well in fact COD4 has those shellshock scenes that makes the player be dizzy or something.
I think those shellshock sequences are made with shader files. Not sure.
During these sequences the screen is less saturated and it has something like motion blur.
So since there's already a sample of it, is there any way we can make a better for our maps
and have this cool motion blur effect like we see in Advanced Warfare campaign that makes missions super cool?

I found this:
http://http.developer.nvidia.com/GPUGems3/gpugems3_ch27.html
I don't know if it can help.

Any help would be appretiated.
A ready script that will be free for all custom map makers would also be great.
8 years ago
In a Battlefield 3 mission you play as Spetsnaz and you have to stop some terrorists in Paris.
The date of the mission is November 13, 2014!

Recent Paris attack was in November 13, 2015.
Coincidence? Most people say it is.

8 years ago
Since chatroom didn't play that game a lot I'll make a Forum game about it.

The game goes like this:
I will drop a quote that I'll pick from all CoD Games. SP missions only.
Like: "What the hell kind of name is Soap eh?"
Then the others have to respond by noting the game, character who said it, and the mission it took place.
Like: "cod4, FNG Price"
The first one with a complete and correct answer is the next one to drop a quote.
The correct answer must be approved with a quote reply of the quote question starter,
even if we have more than one correct questions or not.

Your game quotes Must be inside "---"
Googling is allowed, we can't expect everyone to remember all cod sp quotes.
Try to hide names and key locations in your sentences like Price will be %$#%
Following these exact steps should give us a nice forum time.

I shall go first :troll:

"Give my regards to   &%#$%   if you get there first."

Let the games begin...
9 years ago
Well, turns out, I'm a little bit out of ideas for a sequence in one of my missions.
Anyone want to discuss it and offer some new ideas about it?
Well here's the thing. The player and his friends are witnessing a chopper chase from on top of some rooftops and then the hostile chopper comes back and faces them. Then the chopper fires a few rockets on the player and his friends.
My ideas are the following.

Case 1: The player has 2 seconds to move away with his allies, who move either way to a safer position, but the safer position is in a lower alley so jumping down a  200 unit floor is not very innovative, isn't it?

Case 2: Somehow, when the chopper starts firing, the player will fly way from rocket explosions and eventually land on the designated location.
This would be cool to do, but i don't know either animating or how to do it with script.

So what I ask for here is to tell me if those ideas could do or offer some other ones since you have a basic idea of how the sequence will be.
9 years ago
Many of you know I'm working on a CoD4 Campaign.
I will possibly manage to finish it myself but then I'll have to do a second episode.
So for that Episode I will really need some help. Is there any casual mapper who knows a little bit more than the basics or even better advanced mapper who has cod4 and he is interested to work on such a project in the future?
If you don't know CoD4 Rooftops Mappack here's all you need to know.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9gZU1yYJ7JbWW8Bf-xXY4g
Reply to this topic only if you are interested on participating on the second episode. Then add me on steam (eimaitrelooos or SPi) if you want to keep close contact with to get all info you like for my plans and what i'd like you to do when the time is right.
Cheers.
9 years ago
Something weird is happening on the site.
Look at this:

What is going on?
9 years ago
Come up with a nickname for the person that replies above you.

RULES:
-Don't give someone a nick name that you personally have already given them in this thread
-They can't be rude.
9 years ago
So Here is the Deal.
MrDunlop4 watched that video i did:

Exterior Design
! No longer available

Interior Design:
! No longer available

Its my Junior High School in CoD4 without any mission goal. Just as sightseeing.
But then he told me to make it a zombie map. I don't think I can handle to make a zombie map on my own, so I asked from him to Cooperate. So I will finalize the exterior and make an interior design of the building, since it's a Real Life place that I was going to every day for three years I know it inside out, so It wont be too hard.

I ported stuff in WaW so it should be able to work in it shortly. The Map wont be something very shiny or spectacular, just a simple zombie map with the following features.:

A very realistic reproduction of a real life school in cod.

Storyline is about 3 students who stayed after school on a rainy day because they were punished from their teacher for disrespect and lack of order. While their teacher and them argue about their punishment they hear zombies invading the area. The place was attacked from Germans during the WW2 so Nazi Zombies are the best to use. They head to the principles office where he has a hidden armory and there is where everything starts. Don't expect much logic in it. Besides when were zombies logic enough? lel.

Junior High School Progress
10%

Weapons:
Bo1 and MW2 Mostly

Bo1:
M1911
M14
SPAS 12
Kiparis
AK47

MW2:
MP5k
Intervention
AA12
UMP 45
ACR

Special gun:
STG 44 (Bo2)

Wonder Weapons:
Bo2 Raygun
Wunderwaffe
Monkeys

Perks:
Quick Revive
Juggernog
Speed Cola
Double tap
Mule Kick

Pack a punch
2 Teleporters

All guns should be papable. We hope to make em all. Or just get someone to make em for us or give them ready.
You know I'm noob at zombies, so i mess up with some names and stuff sorry :P

9 years ago
Loading ...