or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - ShotgunRagtime

While I haven't the slightest clue who the hell N1 even is, I can indeed confirm that this looks frickin' SWEET! Especially since I didn't buy Ghosts, now I'll finally get to play Extinction  ;D
10 years ago
Rather old thread, but I'll give my two cents anyways. TBH, I actually thought that the map was quite easy. I found this strange, as I'm a pretty average zombies player, and I've struggled on a lot of ZCT's maps. However, you can run trains on the top of the deck VERY easily (by looping the mast and crossing the slightly open section).

This was also probably the best map I've played all year. Great balance of ease and difficulty, excellent custom features, gorgeous details, the list goes on and on. Also, I was really happy how Laggin got a shoutout, he really deserves one. Definitely a 40/40 IMO
10 years ago
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue I've been having since I bought W@W... I can't go online! I have the latest Steam version, but I can't play MP or online Co-Op. I've tried making new accounts, ect, but nothing has worked. Please let me know of any possible fixes! Thanks in advance!
10 years ago
Well its all down to how creative I am with detail now, im pretty much done with the lite version now; just a ton of scripts and maybe integrate the pathed ai system (if i have enough time). if you want you can test the overall map layout if youre interested? i need to see if it can cope with 4 players without causing new bugs :p
Hell yeah, I'd love to test the map! Just lemme know when it's ready!
10 years ago
Yeah exactly! well only one person has tested chapter one (standalone) and that took a good 40 minutes, chapter two took 25 minutes w/o its extension :p chapter three is really small so that one could be quick to complete but its in tight areas so theres a higher chance you could die. chapter five is by far the longest one though (if i can include that into the huge map since it was a "gone-back-in-time" sort of map, towards the beginning of the outbreak. by my prediction, since there are a lot of doors on that map you can buy, and a mean a lot! it could take you around a good 2 hours or so to complete. ps. its also a headmess map, your character starts to go crazy and weird stuff happens. the map will be reshaped and it will make it even more challenging for you to finish (you'll see what i mean when you play it) but the story will make sense in the next few seasons :p

ps. just included a bonus chapter into the big map, chapter seven is now amongst one, two, three and six :p messy chapter layout but ive worked out that seven works better before four :)

And for the lite and full build, yeah i will include that :)
Wow man, I gotta say I'm already hyped! I'm also glad that you're doing the Lite and Full idea, I don't want to miss out on any juicy detail that my machine could handle.
10 years ago
Well, i'm keeping all the old stock scripts from the der riese package (e.g. mystery box, teleporters [maybe], and perk system) to keep it enjoyable for everyone but ive added a few user-created (some by me) content to go that extra mile. with the standalone version of this mod I introduced ai pathing for friendly ai's to assist you to different locations (no further animation was done since it was only a test) and it runs smoothly. The final outcome of this mod is to give a singleplayer/multiplayer deathmatch experience within a zombie mod on a massive scale. I'm now currently scripting a side mission where a soldier is trapped on a train, your job is to kill the surrounding zombies and set him free.. a lot like what they did on dead island. The only downfall on this map would be the lack of detail, there's only so much you can add before it lags.

Double Post Merge: October 12, 2014, 05:10:38 pm
If it meets its full potential when finished (as described) then it could we be :p
So it's a campaign kind of map, like Trazit, only better  ;). So if this was gonna be multiple chapters before, but you decided to merge them into one map, then how long will each playthrough be (roughly)? Oh, and I think a good solution to the lag problem would be two versions of the map - Lite (less detail) and Full (all detail)
10 years ago
So this is basically a "total conversion" mod? Like it uses the assets of W@W but not the traditional zombies setup? So can we expect to see rounds, mystery box, ect or is this something completely new? Either way, this is probably the coolest thing I've seen on UGX, the screenshots look really nice!
10 years ago
I feel like I'm a bit late to the party, but oh well, here's what I think.

I didn't really like the map very much. My first issue was the sheer amount of random, glowing lights/colors plastered all over the other dull gray textures. It made the color scheme feel schizophrenic and (like another user said) was quite painful to look at, at least for me. Second, the map just felt like it carried on for far too long. It took me 10 rounds to even get the power on, and once you open up all the doors you realize that you're boned because you've ruined all the camping areas and there aren't any places to run trains (note: I play solo, the map may be much easier Co-op). Now, I understand that some people like these really long maps, but I personally play zombies to just chill and relax for 30-60 minutes. So if it takes me 45 minutes just to turn the power on the chances of me replaying the map are slim-to-none.

The map also felt a bit rushed, like there wasn't enough polish. I clipped through numerous objects, zombie spawns felt very weird and unnatural in most sections of the map, and the weapons were kind of sloppy (missing reload sounds, looked "off" from their normal version). I also died because in the area I was camping in zombies didn't come up behind me for several rounds, so I assumed that it was safe to not watch my back. Then one round zombies randomly took the path to get behind me (with no discernible reason as to why they didn't do this before) and killed me. Pretty frustrating. I didn't find PaP, and I also didn't fill all the chests (I have no clue how one is supposed to go about this solo. The map is so cramped I figured that I'd probably die trying and so I didn't bother with the chests).

While I'm sure there will be plenty of people berating me in the posts below, please don't interpret this as "hate". I think that one could say that you did a great job overall, considering that only a couple people like myself disliked the map. If there's a v1.1 I'll check it out and see if there are any significant improvements. Thanks for posting the map, hope to see more of your work in the future!
10 years ago
Dunno if those are all the weapons that will be in the map, but the prices look pretty good IMO. I'd change the prices of the Uzi and MPL so that they're not the same price, however.
10 years ago
For the weapon system, I'd prevent it from being unbalanced by adding caches around the map that cost a certain amount of points (depending on what guns are in the cache). Upon purchase, random guns from the cache are added to the weapon menu (if there are 12 guns in the cache, 4 would be added to the menu for purchase). Caches could be purchased until all weapons were added to the menu. There wouldn't need to be a round requirement as it would take a while to get the best guns. Also, you could adjust the amount of guns in the cache/how many are given, I was just giving an example :P
10 years ago
Thank you guys for the help!
10 years ago
Hey, I was wondering if you guys could help me out with a problem I've been experiencing. Ever since I downloaded and played Cinnober's House of Horror (though I don't think the issue was because of his map), the edges of my vision are obscured by a fire effect, like the one when you're running through the burning building in the level "Vendetta". This bug has been happening on every custom map I've tried to play. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks in advance!
10 years ago
I've been looking forward to the mod for weeks now, and I gotta say, I'm not disappointed! Probably the single best weapons mod I've ever seen, not to mention all the other features from Black Ops. My only issues with the map/mod I've found would be sounds glitching out (sometimes the "stab" sound wouldn't play after knifing a zombie I had shot) and the way the Bandoleer perk machine looks. The icon for the perk looks great, but the machine itself looks kind of strange and out of place. The Vigor Rush machine looks great (it always has even before the mod), and I'd suggest adding more detail and perhaps a glowing light to the Bandoleer one. Other than that, the map looks absolutely phenomenal, and you went above and beyond by adding extra detailing on the map when it was already one of the best looking maps I've ever seen! Definitely pumped for Excavation Site 128 after this!
10 years ago
Loading ...