or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - shinged

Looks really good so far
7 years ago
You can remove a clip box by simply making it a clip_player and making it a script brushmodel. use GetEnt to get the targetname of that script model and delete it when you want it gone. Alternatively you could just use TriggerEnable( false ) on your teleport trigger and set it to true after your easter egg is complete
7 years ago
Oh shit now that's a toughie

Might need to make a video
Forgot to credit you for this tutorial, my bad. Updating map post right now
7 years ago
not working for me, the triger says "Not available"

You might have given the trigger the wrong kvp, or maybe you scripted something wrong
7 years ago
Hey guys, here is a simple script to add ways to teleport zombies in your map. So lets say you have a map with multiple zones and those zones are spaced apart, normally you would need to have a way for the zombies to get to the other like a hidden tunnel or something, this script is a good replacement for that. Here's a quick vid of it:

Radiant
The setup for this is very simple. The zombies need to be able to path to the area they are teleporting too. This can be done in a bunch of different creative ways such as using player clips or setting walls to non-colliding.
 - First create a trigger_multiple and give it this KVP "teleport_zombies" -  targetname.
 - Now create a script origin and place it halfway into the ground. Open the KVP's and set it to server. Now deselect everything, select the trigger first, then select the script_origin and hit W. What this will do is set the script_origin's targetname to an auto generated name so it can be copied without sharing targetnames.
 - Now you should see a line connecting the trigger to the origin. Double check to make sure its the trigger_multiple targeting script_origin and your good to go.
 - To add multiple teleporters just select the trigger and the origin and hit space. Check the kvp's to make sure the targetname on the origin is different from the targetname on the other origin and your done with radiant.

Here is an example of how i have mine setup, the clip is a clip_ai and not a player clip so only the zombies can cross that path.

Scripting
The scripting is extremely simple. Just open your mapname.gsc and copy this code.
Spoiler: click to open...
Code Snippet
Plaintext
/*
TELEPORT ZOMBIES ~ TELEPORT ZOMBIES ~ TELEPORT ZOMBIES ~ TELEPORT ZOMBIES ~ TELEPORT ZOMBIES ~ TELEPORT ZOMBIES ~ TELEPORT ZOMBIES ~ TELEPORT ZOMBIES ~
TELEPORT ZOMBIES ~ TELEPORT ZOMBIES ~ TELEPORT ZOMBIES ~ TELEPORT ZOMBIES ~ TELEPORT ZOMBIES ~ TELEPORT ZOMBIES ~ TELEPORT ZOMBIES ~ TELEPORT ZOMBIES ~
*/
function teleport_zombies_init()
{
teleport_trig = GetEntArray( "teleport_zombies", "targetname" );
for (i = 0; i < teleport_trig.size; i++)
{
teleport_trig[i] thread teleport_zombies();
}
}

function teleport_zombies()
{
teleport_destination = GetEnt( self.target, "targetname" );
while(1)
{
zombs = getaispeciesarray("axis","all");
for(k=0;k<zombs.size;k++)
{
if( zombs[k] IsTouching( self ) )
{
zombs[k] ForceTeleport( teleport_destination.origin );
}
}
wait(0.01);
}
}

- Paste that code into the bottom of your mapname.gsc.
 - Now at the bottom of the main function paste this
Code Snippet
Plaintext
thread teleport_zombies_init();
- It should look something like this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
function main()
{
zm_usermap::main();

level._zombie_custom_add_weapons =&custom_add_weapons;

//Setup the levels Zombie Zone Volumes
level.zones = [];
level.zone_manager_init_func =&usermap_test_zone_init;
init_zones[0] = "start_zone";
level thread zm_zonemgr::manage_zones( init_zones );

level.pathdist_type = PATHDIST_ORIGINAL;

thread teleport_zombies_init();
}

Now your done! Make sure when setting this up that the zombies are able to path to the destination otherwise they wont go into the portals. Also make sure to space the origin away from the portal a bit to avoid an infinite loop.

Let me know if you guys would like more simple scripting tutorial's like this.
7 years ago
This is what i used
Code Snippet
Plaintext
pap_zom_interest_point = GetEnt("pap_zom_interest", "targetname");
num_attractors = 96;
max_attract_dist = 640;
pap_zom_interest_point zm_utility::create_zombie_point_of_interest( max_attract_dist, num_attractors, 10000 );
pap_zom_interest_point.attract_to_origin = true;
wait(38); // MOVEMENT DURATION + WAIT TIME WHILE ASCENDED
pap_zom_interest_point.attract_to_origin = false;
7 years ago

Features:
- Custom Cell's (Perks that don't go away on death)
- Buildable Power / Weapon
- Craftable Lever's
- Small Parkour
- Few short Easter Egg's
- Music Selector (Song's are copyrighted so be careful of  that)
- Various other scripted things

Summary:
If you have played my Kingdom Hearts map for World at War, you'd know that i'm not the best at mapping, but i enjoy scripting. So i decided to create a Minecraft map to get the best of both world's. The source script for everything i created in my map is available to download for aspiring scripters / map creators. Just note that i'm certainly not the best scripter and it could have likely been done a plethora of way's better. All i ask is that you credit me for any script you use in your own map. https://mega.nz/#!AhkFEYia!pWiqGZiV3tWjCLCHaHrAQaW1z7FvG56L2PPo32Q98cU

Map Link:

- If you find any bug's please let me know and I will try to fix them

Within 10 seconds of map being released...
7 years ago
Code Snippet
Plaintext
void <entity> IsPlayerJumping()
This website is your best friend http://ehdgaming.co.uk/blops3api/
7 years ago
You can probably create a light fx and spawn it via script. Maybe something like Playfxontag on a spawned script model. I haven't tried this yet but i know some stock fx have lights in them. Then you can delete the spawned script model to delete the fx
7 years ago
How would i go about checking for the weapon?

I've tried a few things like trying to define current weapon = player GetCurrentWeapon
and desired weapon = "raygun" and then maybe an if statement to check if current weapon and desired weapon match.

Then if they match maybe I'd need a while loop to tell the trigger to wait till current and desired weapon match??

I'm not sure how to go about it

Code Snippet
Plaintext
function init()
{
    while(1)
    {
        desiredweapon = getWeapon("ray_gun"); // Weapon you want the player to have when shot
        // weapon = getWeapon(string);
        trig = getent("trigger", "targetname");
        trig waittill( "trigger", player );
        current_weapon = player getCurrentWeapon();

if( current_weapon == desiredweapon )
        {
            // do dis

// break; // if you only want this to happen once.
        }
    }
}

Wrote this in school so its untested.

Here's a list of all the weapons https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/BO3+%7C+Weapon+List
7 years ago
this looks amazing... can i ask how you got that effect with the moonlight rays coming down? It looks super good
Litfog with a volumetric option selected. If you have volumetric lighting turned on in game you will see that.
7 years ago
I'll provide some screenshots later. It's usually with ported models from further cod games.
I use elfenlied's tutorial and it's something to do with the joints in the head area that makes the eyes... white? i think.... like as if their eyes are rolled up. Not sure if this happens with other non-related cod models.

If you dont mind losing a few facial animations, (no one really notices those) you can delete the facial joints. Its how i made my char models in my Kingdom Hearts map
7 years ago
Several excruciating hours later and its almost complete:
7 years ago
I have the exact same problem someone needs to help us! Also how did you look at yourself from the front I only know of /cg_thirdperson 1?
/cg_thirdpersonangle 90
7 years ago
Hi all im still looking for a team to map some stuff and a scripter if anyone is interestesd, here somw#e of my early w.i.p
(Image removed from quote.)

Double Post Merge: October 27, 2016, 02:11:17 am

I can be your scripter, but i might need help depending on the complexity of the script.  :)
7 years ago
Loading ...