or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - sethnorris

A what with the what? I'm not new to mapping, I'm just new to COD
10 years ago

Current progress:
100%

Project Finished

Background story:

In the last days of WW2 a british paratrooper unit was sent to a remote place near the Rhine. What was told to the soldiers was that they were going to set free a boarding school ruled by a nazi officer, and identified member of the group 935, the doctor Hermann Schuster. However the destiny of that unit remains untold. Two months after, with the war finished, the strange place was closed and abandoned. Nothing was heard of the students, professors, the british soldiers or even the doctor Schuster himself.

A week later, somehow, Richtofen landed the teleporter inside the cursed building... The locals still remember that night, those screams, those lights...

Description:

Das Herrenhaus is a zombie single player/Co-op map based in Der Riese style scripts and tries to capture the kino der toten feel. It represents an elite boarding school ruled by nazi scientists. This map is in the final stage of development.

FEATURES

• Circular zoned map with power doors and secret passages
  • Mix of WaW and Black Ops weapons
  • Luftwaffe and NSDAP zombies
  • Kino Style Teleporter to Sniping Position
  • Timed Pack-a-Punch
  • Nova Gas Traps
  • Moon-Style Boss that steals points
  • BO2 style Soundtrack system
  • Fully working Waw Perks + 2 BO Perks
  • And much more

First Sneak Peak

CREDITS

- YaPh1l: Scripting help and Deutsch assistance
- Tom Bmx: Tools and tutorials
- Treminaor: Advices and UGX Mod tools. (weapons editor mainly)
- Codmoddd1234: Lighting assistance and troubleshooting
- BluntStuffy: Boss Fix, EE scripting
- JBird632: Sound fixing and inspiration (your mapping skills inspired me)
- Bamskater: Base scripts
- Steviewonder87: Assistance with weapon porting and animation
- DidUknowiPwn: Modifyied Stock Vision files (I got the methodology from you and developed my own vision file)
- C.h.n: Improved Walking
- Harry Bo21: Shield
- TitoPricus & Sanya: Boss Model Rig
- (started the map long ago and don't remember everyone, If you find something from someone, tell me and I'll give him credit) 

A political unit from the NSDAP was ruling the school

I'm only showing you a very, very little of my map cause I'm working so hard on detailing and storytelling via the map that I don't want to spoil anything. However, I can explain and show some things. The mapping part is done like a 90%. Someone could take what I have now and release it as a beta, I'm not that way. The basic structure of the whole building is done. (Main rooms, corridors, classrooms and so). However, some things (scripting) are stoping me. I'm looking for help in some fronts.

Here's a preview of some of the main zones:

School's Cloister

The Gardens

Classroom Corridors

The Library

The Progress:

The whole main structure is now finished. When the detailing of the map is finished I'll make the story events and more... I've been working in this map so long, and I'm not going to say it will be finished by... I don't know. I just enjoy making it because I'm a detail lover. I love making every part of the architecture of the building to make it as real as I can. If you really want I could post more details, but as I said, I don't wan't to spoil anything, so when you play my map you can die because you were looking at the walls... ;)

- 0.9.1 UPDATE -

Major Fixes

- All mapping is finished
- Thundergun fully working (fx, knockdowns, sounds etc)
- Perk Jingles work stock way, no override or sloppy scripting
- Novas now have bo1 anims and sounds, custom fixed even idles
- Boss attack secondary effects now working (he is not a simple zombie with infinite health anymore)
- Custom zombies and materials can be torched

Minor Fixes

- Barriers give now small tremble when repaired like bo1
- Bo1 Knifing system
- Zombies won't grab as much
- Lots of Clipping added
- Nova Traverse anims
- Novas now have properly set up damage and don't kill each other
- Scripting bugs
- Material related stuff

Added

- First Step of the EE including boss zombie spawn and functionalities
- Harrybo1 Shield
- Secret bo2 wonder weapon (shooting stuff EE)
- Final weapon list
- Some Fx around map like dust, smoke and lights

Screenshots

Spoiler: click to open...

A small vid showing off little bit

! No longer available

EDIT: Its a very small showcase, I don't have the time to edit or make a trailer or stuff. Hope you enjoy it.
10 years ago
Mhm... how did you get those sunlight casting shadows of zombies? My sunlight only makes shadows on models. Brushes do not recieve light or shadows in the outside...
10 years ago
Looks great! Just like your previous map. How did you get the flickering lights working?
10 years ago
Not working. I probably give up, there's not unifyed tutorial on how to do all steps into puting a weapon into zombies mode.
11 years ago
I made some investigation. Seems that if I select everything and copy it to a new map It works fine, except from the ambient light and skybox that is not the same I've had. So That makes me think something is wrong with the skybox settings.

My current settings:

(press N when open the map without touching anything)

None of the boxes clicked.

Sunradius: 0.8
spawnflags: 0
skyboxmodel: skybox_zombie_factory
sunisprimarylight: 1
_color: (blue)
ambient: 0.1
sundiffusecolor: (grey)
diffusefraction: 0.2
classname: worldspawn
sundirection: -146.5 311.8 0
suncolor: (light blue)
sunlight: .75

11 years ago
This morning I was editing my map and when I tried to compile it, the process just stops. Here's what the console says:

[noae]
Code Snippet
Plaintext
CoD2Map v1.1 (c) 2002 Id Software Inc. / Infinity Ward
---- cod2map ----
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\bin/main
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_nosteam.iwd (4 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_27.iwd (60 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_26.iwd (522 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_25.iwd (139 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_24.iwd (502 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_23.iwd (3 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_22.iwd (529 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_21.iwd (13 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_20.iwd (69 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_19.iwd (52 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_18.iwd (51 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_17.iwd (42 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_16.iwd (44 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_15.iwd (145 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_14.iwd (655 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_13.iwd (400 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_12.iwd (453 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_11.iwd (366 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_10.iwd (549 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_09.iwd (413 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_08.iwd (484 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_07.iwd (755 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_06.iwd (537 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_05.iwd (569 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_04.iwd (711 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_03.iwd (743 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_02.iwd (694 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_01.iwd (350 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_00.iwd (808 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/Activision/Call of Duty - World at War//main
C:/Program Files (x86)/Activision/Call of Duty - World at War//main_shared
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\bin/raw
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\bin/raw_shared
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\bin/devraw
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\bin/devraw_shared
C:/Program Files (x86)/Activision/Call of Duty - World at War//raw
C:/Program Files (x86)/Activision/Call of Duty - World at War//raw_shared
C:/Program Files (x86)/Activision/Call of Duty - World at War//devraw
C:/Program Files (x86)/Activision/Call of Duty - World at War//devraw_shared
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\localized_english_iw06.iwd (1804 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\localized_english_iw05.iwd (1246 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\localized_english_iw04.iwd (363 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\localized_english_iw03.iwd (28 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\localized_english_iw02.iwd (3163 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\localized_english_iw01.iwd (5164 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\localized_english_iw00.iwd (4592 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/Activision/Call of Duty - World at War//raw/english
File Handles:
----------------------
27022 files in iwd files
Loading map file C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus.map
******* leaked *******
================================
WROTE BSP LEAKFILE: C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus.lin
finding triangle windings...
assigning primary lights...
splitting windings into lightable areas...
coalescing coincident windings...
removing occluded winding fragments...
finding sun shadow casters...
splitting large windings...
merging into concave windings...
fixing t-junctions...
tethering holes to their concave windings...
building lightmap groups...
assigning lightmaps...
finding index mapping and snapping vertices...
ERROR: surface 'berlin_decal_cloth_runner_mid' is partially floating or needs to be aligned
In map C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus.map on entity 0 brush 464 at 374 -6 92
triangulating all windings...
0 self-tjunctions fixed
0 degenerate tris removed
smoothing normals...
emitting triangles...
0 self-tjunctions fixed
smoothing normals...
emitting triangles...
combining layered materials...
1020 vertices couldn't be merged because the textures point different ways
emitting cells and portals...
building curve/terrain collision...
Adding brush neighbor bevels...
Removing redundant brush collision planes...
removed 38 brush sides
elapsed time 0 seconds
Finished processing world entity
Writing C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus.d3dbsp
    5 seconds elapsed
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_nosteam.iwd (4 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_27.iwd (60 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_26.iwd (522 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_25.iwd (139 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_24.iwd (502 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_23.iwd (3 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_22.iwd (529 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_21.iwd (13 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_20.iwd (69 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_19.iwd (52 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_18.iwd (51 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_17.iwd (42 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_16.iwd (44 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_15.iwd (145 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_14.iwd (655 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_13.iwd (400 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_12.iwd (453 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_11.iwd (366 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_10.iwd (549 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_09.iwd (413 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_08.iwd (484 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_07.iwd (755 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_06.iwd (537 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_05.iwd (569 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_04.iwd (711 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_03.iwd (743 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_02.iwd (694 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_01.iwd (350 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\iw_00.iwd (808 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\localized_english_iw06.iwd (1804 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\localized_english_iw05.iwd (1246 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\localized_english_iw04.iwd (363 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\localized_english_iw03.iwd (28 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\localized_english_iw02.iwd (3163 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\localized_english_iw01.iwd (5164 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\main\localized_english_iw00.iwd (4592 files)
File Handles:
----------------------
27022 files in iwd files
using default radiosityScale 1
using default contrastGain 0.3
deleted 6 duplicate polys from 372 poly mesh (null)
deleted 6 duplicate polys from 190 poly mesh (null)
building collision data...
building collision took 0.1 seconds
----------------------------------------
Calculating sample areas...
Finished in 0 seconds.                                                 
Getting radiosity color for each sample...
Finished in 0 seconds.                                                 
Applying radiosity scale...
Finished in 0 seconds.                                                 
Loading saved light transport for sky and radiosity...
Building light transport for light sources...
Finished in 1 seconds.                                                 
Normalizing transport weights...
Finished in 0 seconds.                                                 
Seeding sky light...
Finished in 0 seconds.                                                 
Radiosity bounce 1...
Finished in 0 seconds.                                                 
Radiosity bounce 2...
Finished in 0 seconds.                                                 
Radiosity bounce 3...
Finished in 0 seconds.                                                 
Finding lightmap bleeding...
Finished in 0 seconds.                                                 
Building final lightmaps...
Finished in 1 seconds.                                                 
Calculating ground lighting for static models...
Finished in 0 seconds.                                                 
Light grid sample point file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus.grid' not found.
Vis cache logfile 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus.vclog' not found; using static model origins only.
Using 23276 grid points from grid logfile 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus.grid_auto'.
Light grid sample point file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus.grid_not' not found.
Calculating light grid...
59.5% complete, 2 seconds done, 1 seconds remaining               
67.3% complete, 3 seconds done, 1 seconds remaining               
77.7% complete, 3 seconds done, 1 seconds remaining               
83.5% complete, 4 seconds done, 1 seconds remaining               
96.7% complete, 4 seconds done, 0 seconds remaining               
Finished in 4 seconds.                                                 
Quantizing light grid colors...
Encoding light grid...
Entire light compile finished in 7 seconds
deleted 6 duplicate polys from 256 poly mesh (null)
Connecting paths: Start...
Connecting paths: 5%
Connecting paths: 10%
Connecting paths: 15%
Connecting paths: 20%
Connecting paths: 25%
Connecting paths: 30%
Connecting paths: 35%
Connecting paths: 40%
Connecting paths: 45%
Connecting paths: 50%
Connecting paths: 55%
Connecting paths: 60%
Connecting paths: 65%
Connecting paths: 70%
Connecting paths: 75%
Connecting paths: 80%
Connecting paths: 85%
Connecting paths: 90%
Connecting paths: 95%
Connecting paths: 100%
Connecting paths: Done
Building node vis: Start...
visnode: 5%
visnode: 10%
visnode: 15%
visnode: 20%
visnode: 25%
visnode: 30%
visnode: 35%
visnode: 40%
visnode: 45%
visnode: 50%
visnode: 55%
visnode: 60%
visnode: 65%
visnode: 70%
visnode: 75%
visnode: 80%
visnode: 85%
visnode: 90%
visnode: 95%
visnode: 100%
Building node vis: ...Done
args: -nopause -language english -moddir nazi_zombie_herrenhaus nazi_zombie_herrenhaus
Fastfile 1 of 1, "nazi_zombie_herrenhaus": [ver. 387] process...
args: -nopause -language english -moddir nazi_zombie_herrenhaus nazi_zombie_herrenhaus_patch
Fastfile 1 of 1, "nazi_zombie_herrenhaus_patch": [ver. 387] process...
ERROR: Could not open 'clientscripts/_utility.csc'
failed loading 'clientscripts/_utility.csc' of type 'rawfile' found in source file '../zone_source/nazi_zombie_herrenhaus_patch.csv'
link...compress...save...done.
Moving   C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\zone\english\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus_patch.ff
    to   C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\mods\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus_patch.ff
Copying  C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\mods\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus_patch.ff
     to  C:\Users\Albert\AppData\Local\Activision\CodWaW\mods\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus_patch.ff
ERROR: C:/Program Files (x86)/Activision/Call of Duty - World at War/sound_assets/MODSound.hst : file not found.
---------------------------
Errors
FILES: 18314
UPDATED: 4
ERRORS: 20571
----------------------------
Copying  C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\mods\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus\mod.csv
     to  C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\zone_source\mod.csv
Copying  C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\mods\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus\mod.csv
     to  C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\zone_source\mod.csv
args: -nopause -language english -moddir nazi_zombie_herrenhaus mod
Fastfile 1 of 1, "mod": [ver. 387] process...deleted 26 duplicate polys from 166 poly mesh (null)
link...compress...save...done.
Moving   C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\zone\english\mod.ff
    to   C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\mods\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus\mod.ff
7-Zip (A) 4.42  Copyright (c) 1999-2006 Igor Pavlov  2006-05-14
Scanning
Creating archive C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\mods\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus.iwd
Compressing  maps\_zombiemode.gsc
Copying  C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\mods\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus\mod.ff
     to  C:\Users\Albert\AppData\Local\Activision\CodWaW\mods\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus\mod.ff
Copying  C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\mods\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus.iwd
     to  C:\Users\Albert\AppData\Local\Activision\CodWaW\mods\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus.iwd
Compressing  mod.arena
Compressing  mod.csv
Compressing  weapons\sp\m1garand_gl_zombie
Compressing  weapons\sp\m1garand_gl_zombie_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\m2_flamethrower_zombie
Compressing  weapons\sp\m2_flamethrower_zombie_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\m7_launcher_zombie
Compressing  weapons\sp\m7_launcher_zombie_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\mine_bouncing_betty
Compressing  weapons\sp\molotov
Compressing  weapons\sp\panzerschrek_zombie
Compressing  weapons\sp\panzerschrek_zombie_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\ptrs41_zombie
Compressing  weapons\sp\ptrs41_zombie_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\ray_gun
Compressing  weapons\sp\ray_gun_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\stielhandgranate
Compressing  weapons\sp\tesla_gun
Compressing  weapons\sp\tesla_gun_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\type99_lmg_bipod
Compressing  weapons\sp\type99_lmg_bipod_crouch
Compressing  weapons\sp\type99_lmg_bipod_prone
Compressing  weapons\sp\type99_lmg_bipod_stand
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_30cal
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_30cal_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_bar
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_bar_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_bowie_flourish
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_bullet_crouch
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_bullet_prone
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_bullet_stand
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_colt
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_colt_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_cymbal_monkey
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_doublebarrel
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_doublebarrel_sawed
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_doublebarrel_sawed_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_doublebarrel_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_fg42
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_fg42_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_gewehr43
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_gewehr43_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_kar98k
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_kar98k_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_knuckle_crack
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_m1carbine
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_m1carbine_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_m1garand
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_m1garand_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_mg42
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_mg42_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_mp40
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_mp40_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_perk_bottle_doubletap
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_perk_bottle_jugg
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_perk_bottle_revive
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_perk_bottle_sleight
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_ppsh
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_ppsh_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_shotgun
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_shotgun_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_stg44
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_stg44_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_sw_357
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_sw_357_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_thompson
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_thompson_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_type100_smg
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_type100_smg_upgraded
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_type99_rifle
Compressing  weapons\sp\zombie_type99_rifle_upgraded
Everything is Ok
CoD2Map v1.1 (c) 2002 Id Software Inc. / Infinity Ward
---- cod2map ----
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Activision/Call of Duty - World at War//devraw/english
File Handles:
----------------------
27022 files in iwd files
Loading map file C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus.map
******* leaked *******
WROTE BSP LEAKFILE: C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus.lin
finding triangle windings...
assigning primary lights...
splitting windings into lightable areas...
coalescing coincident windings...
removing occluded winding fragments...
finding sun shadow casters...
splitting large windings...
merging into concave windings...
fixing t-junctions...
tethering holes to their concave windings...
building lightmap groups...
assigning lightmaps...
finding index mapping and snapping vertices...
ERROR: surface 'berlin_decal_cloth_runner_mid' is partially floating or needs to be aligned
In map C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus.map on entity 0 brush 464 at 374 -6 92
0 self-tjunctions fixed
smoothing normals...
emitting triangles...
0 self-tjunctions fixed
smoothing normals...
emitting triangles...
combining layered materials...
1020 vertices couldn't be merged because the textures point different ways
emitting cells and portals...
building curve/terrain collision...
Adding brush neighbor bevels...
Removing redundant brush collision planes...
removed 38 brush sides
elapsed time 0 seconds
Finished processing world entity
Writing C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus.d3dbsp
    5 seconds elapsed
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Activision/Call of Duty - World at War//devraw/english
File Handles:
----------------------
27022 files in iwd files
using default radiosityScale 1
using default contrastGain 0.3
building collision data...
building collision took 0.1 seconds
Calculating sample areas...
Finished in 0 seconds.                                                 
Getting radiosity color for each sample...
Finished in 0 seconds.                                                 
Applying radiosity scale...
Finished in 0 seconds.                                                 
Building light transport for everything...
55.0% complete, 2 seconds done, 2 seconds remaining               
69.3% complete, 3 seconds done, 1 seconds remaining               
81.8% complete, 3 seconds done, 1 seconds remaining               
83.5% complete, 4 seconds done, 1 seconds remaining               
88.0% complete, 4 seconds done, 1 seconds remaining               
Finished in 4 seconds.                                                 
Normalizing transport weights...
Finished in 0 seconds.                                                 
Seeding sky light...
Finished in 0 seconds.                                                 
Radiosity bounce 1...
Finished in 0 seconds.                                                 
Radiosity bounce 2...
Finished in 0 seconds.                                                 
Radiosity bounce 3...
Finished in 0 seconds.                                                 
Finding lightmap bleeding...
Finished in 0 seconds.                                                 
Building final lightmaps...
Finished in 1 seconds.                                                 
Calculating ground lighting for static models...
Finished in 0 seconds.                                                 
Light grid sample point file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus.grid' not found.
Vis cache logfile 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus.vclog' not found; using static model origins only.
Using 23276 grid points from grid logfile 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus.grid_auto'.
Light grid sample point file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_herrenhaus.grid_not' not found.
Calculating light grid...
59.7% complete, 2 seconds done, 1 seconds remaining               
67.6% complete, 3 seconds done, 1 seconds remaining               
78.3% complete, 3 seconds done, 1 seconds remaining               
83.7% complete, 4 seconds done, 1 seconds remaining               
97.3% complete, 4 seconds done, 0 seconds remaining               
Finished in 4 seconds.                                                 
Quantizing light grid colors...
Encoding light grid...
Entire light compile finished in 11 seconds
Connecting paths: Start...
Connecting paths: 5%
Connecting paths: 10%
Connecting paths: 15%
Connecting paths: 20%
Connecting paths: 25%
Connecting paths: 30%
Connecting paths: 35%
Connecting paths: 40%
Connecting paths: 45%
Connecting paths: 50%
Connecting paths: 55%
Connecting paths: 60%
Connecting paths: 65%
Connecting paths: 70%
Connecting paths: 75%
Connecting paths: 80%
Connecting paths: 85%
Connecting paths: 90%
Connecting paths: 95%
Connecting paths: 100%
Connecting paths: Done
Building node vis: Start...
visnode: 5%
visnode: 10%
visnode: 15%
visnode: 20%
visnode: 25%
visnode: 30%
visnode: 35%
visnode: 40%
visnode: 45%
visnode: 50%
visnode: 55%
visnode: 60%
visnode: 65%
visnode: 70%
visnode: 75%
visnode: 80%
visnode: 85%
visnode: 90%
visnode: 95%
visnode: 100%
Building node vis: ...Done
args: -nopause -language english -moddir nazi_zombie_herrenhaus nazi_zombie_herrenhaus
Fastfile 1 of 1, "nazi_zombie_herrenhaus": [ver. 387] process...
[/noae]

Any clues?
11 years ago
Well do the sounds exist in a sound alias file such as weapons.csv? If you find the lines then make sure the alias name is correct in the weapon file, if that doesn't work then make sure it is actually being compiled properly.

First of all, thanks for the quick response!  :)

I'll look in weapons.csv for the lines. Anyway, the Type99 LMG appears in the campaign, i don't know wjy the sound is messed up now...  :poker:

Post Merge: August 20, 2013, 11:25:41 am
Ok, I've looked into weapons.csv and seems that Type99 sounds had aliases that are different from the original sounds titles: weap_type99_fire instead of wpn_Type99_mn.wav.

So, I've opened the nazi_zombie_mymapname.csv in zone_source and add this lines:

loaded_sound,SFX/Weapon/MG/Type99/Fire/weap_type99_fire.wav
loaded_sound,SFX/Weapon/MG/Type99/Fire/weap_type99_fire_plr.wav
loaded_sound,SFX/Weapon/MG/Type99/Fire/weap_type99_fire_plr._act.wav

Compiled everything fine and again silent Type99.

I don't understand why, I've checked the weapon file and is pointing to that weap_type99_fire... style files. But the game seems to only play the sound of the empty cat ridge when ammo is over...

11 years ago
I'm having some problems when porting the campaign's Type 99 MG with bipod into nazi zombies mode. Seems that the gun is fully working but it makes no sound. You will think, cm'on bro, google is your friend. Well, not this time. Seems that most of people prefers making em own weapons or porting the black ops ones. I've tried compiling the sounds within the mod, puting it in the .csv but none worked. Type 99 is now a silent killer. Any help will be very apreciated. If i can fix this i'll upload the weapon with some improvements and a tutorial of how to add the Type 99 MG in zombies mode.  :gusta:

11 years ago
Loading ...