or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - sedozz

Personally I don't usually mess with the worldspawn settings a whole lot. I find the key to lighting interiors is utizlizing your primary lights properly. Casting shadows is a good thing.

I usually base my lighting off when Ive placed models of ceiling lights and such, and I try not to place a light in a place light is not physically supposed to be coming from. The only exception for that is when its an artistic addition.

Primary lights I tend to point into the map from outside of barriers, or down on the players from above in strategic points.

Mess around with your radius and intensity settings too.
8 years ago
A couple things to try:

1) convert it again, back to back without changing anything just hit the button again
2) close assman, open launcher>navigate to where your gdt is>open it and select assman as the program to open it with

Both of these seem to fix assman problems for me.
8 years ago
In the scripts for the box there's a very simple line that moves the box lid by a certain amount of degrees (around an axis). I don't remember exactly where but its not too hard to find. Just change the rotation instruction so that the degrees rotated is in the opposite direction (change a positive number to a negative one or vice versa). Make sure you double check and mak the same change to the part of the script that closes the box again.

8 years ago
You should put a haunted/fun house type thing in. Maybe each time you enter it some unexpected shit happens like it traps you for a round, but then afterwards you get a powerup or a perk or something?
8 years ago
1. Move Gold Station over (?)
2. Abuse all of the fancy new fx
3. Find out if they gave us any cool traverses this time
4. Make more maps
5. ???
6. Profit

I'd actually like to see more custom maps that are more difficult and a bit smaller as opposed to massive maps that are just train-fests.

Double Post Merge: April 26, 2016, 09:18:42 pm
One thing I saw that I like is you can take old maps into the new mod tools. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEdt6fFt5Nk

Might have to re-make some maps.

This is such a weight off, seriously.
8 years ago
Good luck with your stuff man. Thou don't forget to make good spec/cos images for him. If you want him to shine :troll:.

Motivational modding  :troll:

Best of luck to you! I'm also 19 and  I can't imagine what it must be like for you right now, stay tough!
8 years ago
Is there any way to speed up launcher compiles? Is there any way to give it high priority or allocate more memory to it?
8 years ago
What type of boss zombie? A custom boss? I may have a few Ideas

Yes, a custom boss. I would need help with models, anims, scripts the whole deal.
8 years ago
Please PM me if you can help port models from newer games or if you can help me with a boss zombie.
8 years ago
Mapping looks pretty good!
8 years ago
This map looks really nice ! will you add an objective/easter egg ? :)

of course!
8 years ago
New area: https://i.gyazo.com/32f9cacb0bf983121012450c9f0d2afa.mp4

Double Post Merge: March 30, 2016, 05:47:24 am
I'll be adding more gifs and small mp4s to the topic to better show off some areas.

Double Post Merge: March 30, 2016, 06:02:41 am
8 years ago
This is able to be accomplished through changing the vision files. There was a post on here containing 5 custom vision files, I just cant seem to find it at the moment.
8 years ago
Working on a new area, lighting and textures: https://gyazo.com/472eb47f347962e2b7d71e0f8bdbcd1d.gif
8 years ago

Nothing appears to be wrong until I compile and run the map.

Double Post Merge: March 15, 2016, 07:27:34 pm
Aligning error happens, cos the patch is floating, lol. Only can be fixed by having it aligned with the brush. And as said before, fix the lightmaps on the patch

Edit: Also, does selecting the patch make brush underneath invisible?

I know that about the alignment error but I could not figure out how do it otherwise. Selecting the blend texture in radiant looks exactly as its supposed to, no transparency. I posted the light map screens.

Double Post Merge: March 15, 2016, 07:31:26 pm
screen shots please, is the material set to ge128 or blend?

Its a native WAW blend texture. Added screens
8 years ago
Loading ...