or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - rustyandme

(Image removed from quote.)

Good fun. I enjoyed it. PaP area could have been a bit larger so players could have a bit of training fun.

I'm glad you liked it! I added you to the high scores list. And I wanted to make the map a bit challenging and not make any super good training spots. You could train by going around the entire map, when you complete the Easter Egg that becomes easier.
9 years ago
There is no harm in a mapper posting a map that you don't like. If you don't like it and wouldn't play it move on. People will always like different things. I know a lot of players who like box maps for different reasons. To each their own.
9 years ago
"time" "box map" uhm no...

It is obvious that this project took the OP some time. And yes box maps do take time. Please don't hate on fellow mappers. This should be a community that supports each other, not knocks each other down.
9 years ago
I read all of the replies and I have to give my two cents. If someone wants to make a box map, go for it. Who are you to tell someone that they shouldn't create something. Even if all you make is one room with nothing special about it, you still have done way more than 99% of the people who play World at War. If you don't enjoy playing box maps, don't download them. There is no reason to hate on someone that took time to create something. People will always enjoy different things.

As a community of mappers and modders we should support others who are creating content, whatever that may be.
9 years ago
I ended up deciding to remove the black ops zombies models. They looked glitchy sometimes and didn't improve the map in any way. The zombies in v2.0 will be back to default.

And good news everyone, Bank Job v2.0 will be released in the next few days!

Double Post Merge: January 30, 2015, 04:33:37 am
I was ahead of schedule!!! Bank Job v2.0 has been released! If you had downloaded a previous version, you can download v2.0 and it will update everything properly. There is a lot changed and improved. It is definitely worth a re-download!
9 years ago
yeah you wont be able to then, but if you mention this to him maybe he will fix it for you (and anyone else using it)

It is a setting in Assman, just incase it ever comes up, its the "hitboxmodel" part

Thanks!
9 years ago
Pretty sure its just a setting in assman when converting the models

Ill be home soon, ill post it up for ya ( If no one beats me to it lol )

Oh well I used the zombies that jei9363 made based on the map "Five". Unfortunately I won't be able to change anything about it.
9 years ago
this is a common problem but has a simple fix. Sadly I cant remember what it is though, If i remember ill let you know, but i had it on my map at one point

What made you reduce the max zombies btw?

If you find a fix be sure to post it! And the map is already challenging enough I did a few changes to make the map a little easier and more fun. It is still really difficult but a lot more fun! It's not reduced my much. It's only a couple less zombies. Not a big change.
9 years ago
Only thing I found that was a bit awkward was that the head shot hit boxes don't always hit, don't know if anyone else has noticed but it bugs me a bit. Otherwise a pretty great map :)

I guess that is because I used a custom zombie model. Would it be better to use the default zombies? I don't know how often the head shots don't hit. It may be a problem with WaW. I'm not sure. I personally haven't ever noticed that.
9 years ago
I've watched many videos of people playing my map. From all of those I noticed a few problems with my map. In my attempt to fix those minor problems I started to improve little things here and there. And I have made so many changes and improvements to the map I feel it deserves to be promoted to v2.0. In a few days after some more testing I will upload the new version. It is the same core map but there will definitely be changes. Hopefully everyone likes the changes :)

Here is the change log so far:
Added player clips on zombie barriers
Realigned some lights
Fixed Wunderwaffe reducing max health
Replaced the ladder with a slope
Removed the power switch
Machines are now randomly powered up by surviving rounds (every 4 rounds a new machine is turned on)
Removed the mystery box location from the vault
Moved Pack-a-Punch to the vault roof
Slightly reduced the max number of zombies
Removed a few riser locations on the ground floor of the building
The zombies start running a little later
Added a nice little Easter egg to earn the ability to not take fall damage or explosive damage

If anyone has any opinions on these changes let me know as soon as possible before I release this update.

Thank you all for your continued support!
Rustyandme
9 years ago
my finish with video to prove it!!!!  http://www.twitch.tv/mrshhh79/c/5931146

You have been added to the co-op high scores list! So far you are number 1, out of 1. :P
9 years ago
I just added a high scores section to the forum post above. And since I finally beat my own map solo today I figured I would start out the top 5. My high score is round 13! Try to beat it!
9 years ago
I tried out the map. It is VERY laggy on my computer but it's probably just my computer. One thing I noticed; the door triggers are hard to find since I didn't know where the doors are.
9 years ago
Looks really good. This should be implemented into more maps.
9 years ago
Wow this map looks amazing. You are a really good mapper. I hope someone finishes this.
9 years ago
Loading ...