or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - rustyandme

i say a youtuber play this map looks good

I'm curious which video did you see?
9 years ago
The only issue I had in regards to the zombies was that they would push you and glitch around you, but as far as I know it's because their stock WaW zombs.

Yeah, I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to fix the pathing and the strange zombie behavior for v3.0. After a ton of testing and recoding, I realized that removing all of the foliage almost singlehandedly fixed the zombies. I have no clue why, but it worked so I'm happy. There were also some flaws with the default zombie code that I fixed and I added new code to make them a little smarter and behave properly.
9 years ago
you can make custom ones, or find some way to alter your maps layout so the distance is acceptable

I dont think may of us would care if they fell just a few feet past the animation, it will still work they just wont animate properly for the last few feet

Much prefered over zombies just randomly derping out

Well the zombies derping out was because of the foliage which I removed in v3.0. All of the pathing issues are fixed in v3.0 along with countless other changes. And the longest animation for falling was less than a third of the distance that they needed to fall so the zombies would think they were falling off of the world and not use the traverse. I feel like your comments are based on one of my old versions. The newest one is completely fixed.
9 years ago
Run for my money huh?  ::)

(Image removed from quote.)

Beat it faster than V2  :troll:

Very good update none the less.

Well I'm glad you beat it quickly. :)

To make the zombies jump down youll need to use a traverse

There are some default ones available in the mod tools

And Treyarch doesn't have traverse animations for the distance that I need. I have tried everything. But nonetheless, the map turned out way better than I could have ever hoped. :)
9 years ago
I played the map solo and coop and I really do enjoy it. I did get to the ending but there always was this 1/4 of the easter egg and so on. I do know it has something to do with using grenades to either kill zombies or to throw at a specific spot. :/ Maybe I'll find out about the easter egg tomorrow when I do play it again and on saturday there will be a live commentary of the map on my channel. :)

Good work, it's a great map!
Map creators aren't given enough praise for their work they put into their maps so I always try to show as much support as possible. :)

I really appreciate it! I try to find every video of my map that I can just so that I can get feedback. I love hearing what people think, good or bad. Although I prefer the good stuff :)

And the Easter Egg reward isn't huge, but it really changes the strategies that you can use to play the map. You do have to destroy things to complete it. So throwing a grenade or shooting it will work. I hope you complete it!
9 years ago
How do I get my score recorded if I can't record proof?

Don't worry about recording the score. I'm not keeping high scores anymore. Just play for the fun and the challenge. v3.0 which I just released will definitely give everyone a run for their money. :)
9 years ago
I have watched every single video that someone has made about my map as soon as it comes out. There is a lot of really good feedback from everyone who has played it. There are so many things that you guys have found that I would have never even have thought of checking for. One thing which has always been a problem was the zombies AI. I figured it was because of my complex map design. The fact you could jump off of the rooftop really confuses the zombies because they won't usually jump off also. And the zombies would sometimes get stuck or walk away from you. I have been working on fixing several small bugs and increasing the difficulty a bit. Version 1 was too hard and a bit broken and so I made it easier. But because of all of my changes, I made it too easy. So I'm increasing the difficulty back up to normal so it is still a challenge map. And no promises but I think I have figured out a lot of the problems with the zombies pathing. So expect v2.1 to come out soon and hopefully that will be much more stable than v2.0. Good things to come :)

Thanks again for all of the support!
9 years ago
Nice Map, dude! We played it a little bit and enjoyed it very much... :D
Also V.2.0 was a good update to this map. Will you bring more detail into this map, or
fix some issues (if people will find them ^^)?

I don't think I'm going to be adding anything or changing anything more. As far as I know, I have fixed all of the bugs that I can. I would fix any major game breaking bugs if anyone finds one but I am pretty sure there aren't any left. But this map is done in my opinion.
9 years ago
It's all right. I think that there's not much room to train until round 20 and it's a very tight map. Don't like the thompson being nerfed, because the thompson is awesome. I love the idea of the perk activation, it makes it harder.

Good job though I don't like how small the map is.

Lol, never knew that. Thanks for saying it might come in handy when I test out my own shit.

Thanks for your comments. It is very small and hard to train but that was the goal. :) And the 100k points thing I coded myself. That isn't normally how it works.
9 years ago
Lol I didn't use cheats i started with 100000k points for some reason. I just bought all the doors and won the ending. :P

If you have the dvar "thereisacow" set to 1 then you start with 100,000 points.  Just open up the console and change it to 0 and you'll be good to go.
9 years ago
I'm not buying that. Sounds like a poor excuse for bad pathing to me.So you intentionally made it poorly detailed so people would be able to play it with a high frame rate? Not buying that either.I wouldn't go that far.  :poker:

Thanks for your comments.
9 years ago
Guess i got a glitched copy. :I

I don't think you could have gotten a glitched copy. The only way for you to start with that point total is if you are using cheats. And you probably no-clipped through the wall. If for some reason you feel the game is glitched then feel free to re-download it.

Double Post Merge: January 31, 2015, 10:28:58 pm
Got around playing this, since this map has gotten some feedback. Pretty good for a stock first map, but would like to see some stuff fixed (zombies derping, seeing outside map) Had fun time playing it and would like to see longer map from you in future :)

And yes sometimes the zombies derp and walk away from you or stand still for a second. But that adds a little bit of unpredictability to the map and adds to the challenge. :) And if you are referring to seeing off of the world then I would say that I am aware and that is intentional. One of my key goals with this map was to make fun map that could be run on any computer that can run WaW. Every amazing custom map I've ever played has barely run at 30fps on my computer. So I kept the design and detail simple on this map to help out with frame rate. True, it looks like you are on a floating island, but when you are playing the game it really doesn't make that much of a difference in reality. The game play is unchanged, which is the aspect I focused most of my time on.

And I'm glad you had a good time playing it. Most likely this will be my last map. I only did a zombies map because I had always wanted to and now I can check it off my list. I am an independent video game designer and I would rather work on my own games where I have complete freedom instead of being restricted in WaW. On a side note, the mod tools are glitchy at best and frustrating at worse. So I'm glad I made a really good map and now I'm probably done. :)

Thank you for your support though. :)
9 years ago
True. The best room to train is the Mp40 room w/ speed. If you can get lucky an get double tap, it's a nice way to rack up points. And the map is pretty tough, especially because the perk activation is random and the Thompson's nerfed   >:(

Well the fact that you say that it is pretty tough and yet you beat it is the best compliment I could get. Thank you :)
9 years ago
who? it would seem this would very boring very fast and im curious as to who you know that craves more of this, and this is one of the good box maps with some interesting weapons, a lot of box maps only have stalk weapons and are just a renamed version of nazi_zombie_tutorial which is an unofficial addon to the mod tools, there a re plenty of box maps, and they are harmful as they lower the quality expected from custom zombies

You have a valid opinion. I just don't happen to share that opinion. We are getting off topic here. There is no need to continue this silly back and forth.
9 years ago
Loading ...