or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Rollonmath42

Well then. Just to anyone wanting to bring the legal aspect into this. :P

(Image removed from quote.)

Not even the official Treyarch twitter account, just looked it up and a lot of spelling errors, considering the official Treyarch twitter account is @Treyarch, not @TreyarchHQ.
9 years ago
Can you give me one single instance, in the history of CZ, where someone has donated to a mapper to show appreciation?

Yes, an example would actually be to me from TheRelaxingEnd. Relaxing donated the Black Ops 2 season pass, Black Ops 3, and Rocket League. By definition those count as donations as a donation is (quote from dictionary) "an act or instance of presenting something as a gift, grant, or contribution." therefore it does not have to necessarily be a monetary gift.

The problem I have with the whole situation is that people have the idea that modders (rather use the term modders rather than mappers because a) these are all mods in the end for CoD and b) mappers only include a part of the community, while the other half [or less] are people who make mods whether for SP, ZM, or MP) should be compensated for the work they put into maps. The moment you hit that button that says Compile Map or Build Mod, or even just start making a map in Radiant, everything you worked on no longer is yours, it is Activision's. Therefore, none of us "own" or "created" the mods/maps that we released, they are Activision's. Of course out of the respect for the person who put the time to throw it together, we do credit at least the person for what they did, but legally that's as far as it goes. Activision gave us the mod tools with the EULA that clearly states that we can use the mod tools "for your own personal, non-commercial use in order to create the New Game Materials" (New Game Materials being defined as "new maps, missions, game levels, environments and/or other related game materials for personal use in and with Call of Duty: World at War") with the first bullet point under the License Conditions stating that you "agree that, as a condition to your using the Program Utilities, you will not use ... the Program Utilities and/or the New Game Materials created by you for any commercial purposes, including, but not limited to, selling, renting, leasing, licensing, distributing, or otherwise transferring the ownership of the Program Utilities or the New Game Materials, whether on a stand alone basis or packaged in combination with the New Game Materials created by others, through any and all distribution channels, including, without limitation, retail sales and on-line electronic distribution." with the second point reiterating the statement that "If you decide to make available the use of the New Game Materials created by you to other gamers, you agree to do so solely without charge." So why do people all of a sudden think that we should have the right to have some sort of monetary gain out of tools given to us under the clear restriction that says we are not allowed to? It is pretty obvious even by statements made by Stevie that he is more interested in the money gained out of this.

When you "donate" to someone, you do not expect anything in return from that person. You donated as a way of giving thanks to the person for the work they've done. Stating that you must "donate" to have access to what should be a non-commercial item is no longer a "donation", it is a payment, so I'm baffled by the counter arguments of people trying to justify what is in the end selling a mod/map. Of course this may seem contradictory to me being I donated to the site, but my intent for donating was not because of the fact I wanted to play maps from UGX early on (considering I don't even have World at War installed it'd seem pointless). I donated (despite the small amount it was) because I respect the time and work spent on the site. UGX is the only forum I regularly participate in for WaW because it is the only real active forum that doesn't have the same handful of people posting over and over again in each others topics.

Then there is the arguments of YouTubers/Twitch streamers who "generate profits off of mapper's/modder's content". What they make profits off of is the ads displayed on the video, not the actual video itself. If a YouTuber had a video with ads, but all of their viewers had something like AdBlock running, they'd generate no profits at all, and it's because of the viewers they make profits. The money made is not from what they show, it's merely the little 5-30 second ads you skip/watch before you actually see what you are there to see.
9 years ago
Metal Gear: Solid 1.
nuff said
... and also Crash Bandicoot (1), Gran Turismos, and Frogger (main ones I played).
9 years ago
As long as you can you can export the model into an OBJ or FBX format, then you can import it into Maya and rig it/animate it to work in WaW.
9 years ago
New engine my ass. lol

Its just an upgraded version of the Advanced Warfare engine(presumably, also might be BO2 engine.).

According to them, BO3 is a heavily modified version of BO2's engine. Based on videos/pics that they showed of BO2 WIP/Dev stuff, I don't think there'll be much difference between WaW's mod tools and BO3's (should they be released) besides a lot more options for things in Radiant (for example).
9 years ago
https://youtu.be/5G3hIzEMnN4?t=44m9s

That is slightly outdated, as I updated the video earlier on with annotations specify you don't need the ads_down/ads_up animated model and just need to use the regular animated model (which is exported from the base position, no anims loaded).
I'll give this gun a shot ProRevenge and see if I get similar results.

Edit: Tested, works fine in-game.
9 years ago
All of IW's anims are supposed to be tag_view and tag_ads. I also found out through random tests and info that you don't need to load idle when doing ads_up. But considering you have it working on other guns it seems strange. Perhaps try using the anims from the CM901 weapon file you have with all those anims and just replace the gun model to see if it works?
9 years ago
But did offthewall give you permission to upload his script?

Yes. I asked him about releasing the script two days ago and he's fine with it as long as he is credited for it.
9 years ago
This tutorial is not meant for beginners. You should have an understanding of the process of porting weapons and how to setup your map's/mod's scripts. This is the first part (in a sense) on how to port dual wields into WaW using animations exported from Treyarch's games (BO1 and BO2 as of now). The next part (when I get to it) will involve Infinity Ward's as they do things slightly differently that makes the process a bit more difficult/longer.

How to Port Dual Wields into WaW (Sync - Treyarch)

Sync Dual Wield Muzzleflash/Shelleject Scripts (created by Offthewall, be sure to credit him :D): https://www.mediafire.com/?3nmceh1nnsl213j
9 years ago
For the problem with the last mag having a slow fire rate, add to the weaponfile anywhere:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
lastFireTime\0\
9 years ago

Welp, that's part one recorded. Going to render/upload within next few days (maybe tomorrow) and then will do a second version for Infinity Ward weapons (since they are the more interesting ones..).
9 years ago
Main reason why I haven't bothered posting a tutorial is because its such a long process and it can be even more difficult depending on which dev's anims you decide to use (3arc or IW). But since I haven't got much use for them anymore, I'll be doing a tutorial soon on how to use the .tanims to do sync dual wields. If you were after separate-firing dual wields then you'd have to ask someone else since not even I can do them/know how to.
9 years ago
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Spoiler: click to open...
There were five seasons made, though I've only bothered watching the first three which seems to be the only good ones:
Season 1 Dub ~ http://kissanime.com/Anime/Higurashi-no-Naku-Koro-ni-Dub
Season 1 Sub ~ http://kissanime.com/Anime/Higurashi-no-Naku-Koro-ni
Season 2 (Sub Only) ~ http://kissanime.com/Anime/Higurashi-no-Naku-Koro-ni-Kai
Season 3 (Sub Only) ~ http://kissanime.com/Anime/Higurashi-no-Naku-Koro-ni-Rei

This, Another, Mirai Nikki, and Elfen Lied are the only animes I've watched and are all amazing (not counting stuff like Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, etc.).
9 years ago
Why do BO1 modders usually have the weapon name written out like 'M1927' instead of just the actual wall chalk? I'm guessing you just replace the images or something to get that text there so why not use the proper chalks? ???

Yeah, all you do is replace the stock chalk image. Idk about others, but I prefer having the weapon name there just because I like how it looks.
9 years ago
This is UGX right? List is simple.

1. Nicholas Cage
2. Nicholas Cage
3. Nicholas Cage
4. Nicholas Cage
5. And last but not least... Nicholas Cage
9 years ago
Loading ...