or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Rollonmath42

Because Nightmares mode doesn't exist eh? Everyone keeps focusing on SOE and the Giant, but there's still Nightmares (the zombies campaign we've all been begging for) and there's been roughly 0 coverage of it. I can't currently can't play BO3 (fuck you, laptop), but, from what I've seen of Nightmares, it looks freaking awesome. Play that if you find SOE too much.

Going off of what I've been told about actual gameplay of Nightmares from people that unlocked it or already beat it, it isn't really worth the time and effort to play. Yeah you get to play with zombies in a non-traditional style of rounds/timed gameplay, but I'd be pretty bored of killing zombies for hours on end to walk from point A to point B. It'd really just be slightly better than playing the Campaign itself. And considering I'd have to play a mode I'm not interested in to just unlock it, it's a useless feature to me.
8 years ago
The way I see it, Shadows of Evil is not meant for the average zombies player who just wants to go in and kill zombies. The map is more objective based rather than just mindlessly playing as with previous maps, and if it weren't for the early gameplays, I probably would've been lost in what I was supposed to do in the map. It was definitely made for those who are up for the challenge and will spend the time learning the map beyond just where the perks/box are.

The Giant IMO should've been something everyone received instead of being DLC with season pass/collector's because it would've brought the "balance" I think that BO3 zombies needs at launch: a map for the casual playstyle (The Giant) and a map for those who are up for the challenge (Shadows of Evil). Not much was changed in the map gameplay wise besides randomizing perks, Gobble Gum, and the finished fly trap easter egg, so realistically anyone who is accustomed to the normal gameplay of zombies or played Der Riese before would be able to play without any problems.

One thing I am worried about though is basically playing Mob of the Dead + Origins remake over and over again through the DLC, as Shadows of Evil turned out to be. Don't get me wrong, I love the map especially with the way it combined the elements of those two maps, but it'd honestly be pretty upsetting to see the DLC just turn out to be Shadows of Evil v2, 3, 4 with only different themes each time.

Of course, once mod/map tools comes around, should it support Campaign, Zombies, and Multiplayer, there will for sure be more of a variety available and the stock/DLC maps won't be as relevant.
8 years ago
my call of duty black ops keeps crashing

Do you get an error? Make sure to have MP installed as some images in the map require images only from MP maps.
8 years ago

Everytime I clean up my setup it just becomes a mess a few days later. But yes, I use a Rock Band microphone held up by an electronic snare pad since I don't use it on my kit, Wacom tablet is buried under the Magic: The Gathering cards, drum kit is in my small room just because, PS3 for Destiny only, and third monitor is just sitting there since I'm not using it (has weird color issue on the left side of it).
8 years ago
The only issue I can think of is that how are people going to know the money is going where you say it is?
Thanks man, I would probably send the person who donated a receipt for their donation from website. But I'm looking for a website were it shows who has donated to the charity. Hopefully I will find something ;)

Maybe here? http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm? Donors can leave a message with their username as a way to see who it is. Then perhaps with the requirement to do a 24-hour event you could do it with gameplay of the map with different people who contributed or something along those lines :P

SparkyMcSparks has an event scheduled with them if you'd like to see an example of this in effect http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participantDonations&participantID=161369
8 years ago
What anims will the AWP have? L96A1 or L118A?

Sliquifier.
8 years ago
Currently working with someone to get csgo ported weapons, not too sure about skins though xD

I can handle that ;)
8 years ago
awesome mod. It kinda bugs me that mule kick doesnt have a custom shader like the other perk, then again, i am just happy to have the perk in the mod and working.

(Image removed from quote.)

Might be because I had the original shader in the mod and then HitmanVere's has them... Oh well pls don't hurt me hitman
8 years ago
But you sure ray gun mark ii isn't in the map anymore ? i see it in magic box

#ripmark2thebestgunever

Welp, just looked at mod.csv and apparently it's still in the mod but you can't get the upgraded version that is dual wield, it's just the HK21 upgraded.

Edit: Just looked in zombie_coast.gsc, apparently I removed it from the box, but the gun itself is still in the mod which is why it shows up. So if you setup a bind you could give yourself the regular version but the upgraded version isn't there (for example: bind P "give hk21_zm")
8 years ago

Here's the crazy dual wield mod that I worked on for Call of the Dead on Black Ops 1, forged from the ideas of TheRelaxingEnd.

Compilation of the Weapons (Ray Gun Mark 2 isn't in the mod anymore, RIP):
MOD OF THE DEAD Release (Dual Wield Mystery Box & More!) BO1 Zombies Mod

Install tutorial/last addition to mod:
Mod of the Dead - Release

HitmanVere's Shaders (Place in "main" folder):
www.mediafire.com
8 years ago
Did you ever run the converter when you first used the BO mod tools? There could be materials that you are missing that it is throwing an assert error. Typically the assert error in my experience with BO1 is either a broken/missing material. Some times I thought I had converted a material properly and turns out I didn't. It could be the hud icons, scope overlays, or one of the materials for the guns itself.
9 years ago
Nice mod.
So common_zombie_patch changes things for every zombies map?
What does the mod.csv look like for common_zombie_patch
Yes, it is loaded into each map.
Example from my gun mod:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
weapon,sp\ray_gun_zm
weapon,sp\ray_gun_upgraded_zm
weapon,sp\m16_zm
weapon,sp\m16_gl_upgraded_zm
weapon,sp\l96a1_zm
weapon,sp\l96a1_upgraded_zm
weapon,sp\pm63_zm
weapon,sp\pm63_upgraded_zm
weapon,sp\skorpionlh_mp
weapon,sp\m1911_zm
weapon,sp\m1911_upgraded_zm
weapon,sp\rottweil72_zm
weapon,sp\rottweil72_upgraded_zm
weapon,sp\m72_law_zm
weapon,sp\m72_law_upgraded_zm
weapon,sp\china_lake_zm
weapon,sp\china_lake_upgraded_zm
weapon,sp\spectre_zm
weapon,sp\spectre_upgraded_zm
weapon,sp\ak74u_zm
weapon,sp\ak74u_upgraded_zm
weapon,sp\hs10_zm
weapon,sp\hs10_upgraded_zm
weapon,sp\hs10lh_upgraded_zm
weapon,sp\zombie_perk_bottle_additionalprimaryweapon
weapon,sp\ithaca_zm
weapon,sp\ithaca_upgraded_zm
weapon,sp\mp5k_zm
weapon,sp\mp5k_upgraded_zm
//weapon,sp\mp40_zm
//weapon,sp\mp40_upgraded_zm

fx,rgm2/fx_raygun2_trail_run_modified
fx,rgm2/fx_raygun2_death
fx,rgm2/fx_raygun2_ice
fx,rgm2/fx_raygun2_ice_death

sound,default_rollonsguns

xmodel,zombie_3rd_perk_bottle_three_gun
xmodel,zombie_perk_bottle_three_gun
xmodel,zombie_vending_three_gun
xmodel,zombie_vending_three_gun_on

material,specialty_extraprimaryweapon_zombies

//Common Zombie Patch Include ._.

rawfile,animscripts/traverse/zombie_jump_down_40.gsc
rawfile,animscripts/traverse/zombie_jump_down_72.gsc
rawfile,animscripts/traverse/zombie_jump_down_127.gsc
rawfile,animscripts/traverse/zombie_jump_down_184.gsc
rawfile,animscripts/traverse/zombie_jump_down_190.gsc
rawfile,animscripts/traverse/zombie_jump_down_222.gsc
rawfile,animscripts/traverse/zombie_jump_down_240.gsc
rawfile,animscripts/traverse/zombie_jump_up_222.gsc
rawfile,animscripts/traverse/zombie_shared.gsc
rawfile,animscripts/traverse/zombie_wall_crawl_drop.gsc
rawfile,animscripts/debug.gsc
rawfile,animscripts/zombie_combat.gsc
rawfile,animscripts/zombie_death.gsc
rawfile,animscripts/zombie_dog_death.gsc
rawfile,animscripts/zombie_init.gsc
rawfile,animscripts/zombie_melee.gsc
rawfile,animscripts/zombie_move.gsc
rawfile,animscripts/zombie_pain.gsc
rawfile,animscripts/zombie_run.gsc
rawfile,animscripts/zombie_shared.gsc

rawfile,animtrees/generic_human.atr

rawfile,clientscripts/_audio.csc
rawfile,clientscripts/_callbacks.csc
rawfile,clientscripts/_clientfaceanim.csc
rawfile,clientscripts/_face_utility.csc
rawfile,clientscripts/_filter.csc
rawfile,clientscripts/_footsteps.csc
rawfile,clientscripts/_fx.csc
rawfile,clientscripts/_load.csc
rawfile,clientscripts/_utility.csc
rawfile,clientscripts/_zombiemode.csc
rawfile,clientscripts/_zombiemode_equipment.csc
rawfile,clientscripts/_zombiemode_ffotd.csc
rawfile,clientscripts/_zombiemode_weap_freezegun.csc
rawfile,clientscripts/_zombiemode_weap_tesla.csc
rawfile,clientscripts/_zombiemode_weap_thundergun.csc
rawfile,clientscripts/_zombiemode_weapons.csc

rawfile,maps/_ballistic_knife.gsc
rawfile,maps/_callbackglobal.gsc
rawfile,maps/_gameskill.gsc
rawfile,maps/_hud_message.gsc
rawfile,maps/_laststand.gsc
rawfile,maps/_loadout.gsc
rawfile,maps/_utility.gsc
rawfile,maps/_weaponobjects.gsc
rawfile,maps/_weapons.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_ai_ape.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_ai_dogs.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_audio.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_auto_turret.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_blockers.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_bowie.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_claymore.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_devgui.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_equipment.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_ffotd.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_load.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_perks.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_powerups.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_score.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_server_throttle.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_sidequests.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_spawner.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_traps.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_utility.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_weap_crossbow.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_weap_cymbal_monkey.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_weap_freezegun.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_weap_tesla.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_weap_thundergun.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_weapons.gsc
rawfile,maps/_zombiemode_zone_manager.gsc

rawfile,radiant/keys.txt
9 years ago
I wouldn't be surprised if perk machines make another return, as they pretty much are a trademark of the series since Verruckt. Plus all of the new perk jingles have corresponding stings, so it hints at the idea of perk machines unless they decided on something new that still uses a jingle and sting. The only custom perk system I've seen in recent times that I really liked was the one Quizz used for his more recent maps (circular bases on the ground with a color corresponding to the perk + name and a light beam out of them), partially because you didn't get downed after buying Juggernog as easily and they just looked cool.
9 years ago
IMO, If your putting something like a map behind a paywall then its no longer a donation. At that point you are selling a product in exchange for money, which i don't think should be allowed. A major reason why the modding scene(not just this one, but others too) is the fact that mods are free. If people have to pay for mods(beta or full) then people will no longer want to download them.

Basically what I stated earlier on in the topic but my reply seemed to get no attention despite the backup/evidence it has pertaining to the subject, so here it is again.

Can you give me one single instance, in the history of CZ, where someone has donated to a mapper to show appreciation?

Yes, an example would actually be to me from TheRelaxingEnd. Relaxing donated the Black Ops 2 season pass, Black Ops 3, and Rocket League. By definition those count as donations as a donation is (quote from dictionary) "an act or instance of presenting something as a gift, grant, or contribution." therefore it does not have to necessarily be a monetary gift.

The problem I have with the whole situation is that people have the idea that modders (rather use the term modders rather than mappers because a) these are all mods in the end for CoD and b) mappers only include a part of the community, while the other half [or less] are people who make mods whether for SP, ZM, or MP) should be compensated for the work they put into maps. The moment you hit that button that says Compile Map or Build Mod, or even just start making a map in Radiant, everything you worked on no longer is yours, it is Activision's. Therefore, none of us "own" or "created" the mods/maps that we released, they are Activision's. Of course out of the respect for the person who put the time to throw it together, we do credit at least the person for what they did, but legally that's as far as it goes. Activision gave us the mod tools with the EULA that clearly states that we can use the mod tools "for your own personal, non-commercial use in order to create the New Game Materials" (New Game Materials being defined as "new maps, missions, game levels, environments and/or other related game materials for personal use in and with Call of Duty: World at War") with the first bullet point under the License Conditions stating that you "agree that, as a condition to your using the Program Utilities, you will not use ... the Program Utilities and/or the New Game Materials created by you for any commercial purposes, including, but not limited to, selling, renting, leasing, licensing, distributing, or otherwise transferring the ownership of the Program Utilities or the New Game Materials, whether on a stand alone basis or packaged in combination with the New Game Materials created by others, through any and all distribution channels, including, without limitation, retail sales and on-line electronic distribution." with the second point reiterating the statement that "If you decide to make available the use of the New Game Materials created by you to other gamers, you agree to do so solely without charge." So why do people all of a sudden think that we should have the right to have some sort of monetary gain out of tools given to us under the clear restriction that says we are not allowed to? It is pretty obvious even by statements made by Stevie that he is more interested in the money gained out of this.

When you "donate" to someone, you do not expect anything in return from that person. You donated as a way of giving thanks to the person for the work they've done. Stating that you must "donate" to have access to what should be a non-commercial item is no longer a "donation", it is a payment, so I'm baffled by the counter arguments of people trying to justify what is in the end selling a mod/map. Of course this may seem contradictory to me being I donated to the site, but my intent for donating was not because of the fact I wanted to play maps from UGX early on (considering I don't even have World at War installed it'd seem pointless). I donated (despite the small amount it was) because I respect the time and work spent on the site. UGX is the only forum I regularly participate in for WaW because it is the only real active forum that doesn't have the same handful of people posting over and over again in each others topics.

Then there is the arguments of YouTubers/Twitch streamers who "generate profits off of mapper's/modder's content". What they make profits off of is the ads displayed on the video, not the actual video itself. If a YouTuber had a video with ads, but all of their viewers had something like AdBlock running, they'd generate no profits at all, and it's because of the viewers they make profits. The money made is not from what they show, it's merely the little 5-30 second ads you skip/watch before you actually see what you are there to see.
9 years ago
https://twitter.com/TreyarchHQ

Looking at the follow count now looks a bit off, but you never know. And it doesn't seem associated with ATV or 3ARC at all, so it might be bogus.

Especially with that sort of activity.
9 years ago
Loading ...