or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Rattus

Thank you very much for the help! Sorry I took a while to reply, I got a little busy with school and stuff... anyways to give you guys an idea of what I was trying to do is I was basically trying to make a desk with a locked drawer which requires an object to be placed in a certain location to unlock the drawer and be able to open up. Then inside the drawer you would find a key to open a locked door. And again, thank you AllMoDs for your tutorial! And I'll be sure to pm you if I end up getting stuck or something doesn't work
6 years ago
I was thinking a hud icon as it seems easier to do... at least I assume. So yes I wanted it to disappear when a player picks it up, and appear as an icon. Then have the objective to place it somewhere in the map so that it can open a door
7 years ago
I want to make a model where players are able to pick up and place it somewhere in the map so that it can open a door or drawer. How would I be able to accomplish this?
7 years ago
So I added a third custom wall gun and it lets me buy the gun for free, and no text appears at all. Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it? I added it to zombie_weapons.csv and copied the line correctly as my two other custom guns aren't free and shows text when you get near the trigger, asking if you want to buy the gun.

Double Post Merge: October 02, 2017, 11:06:52 pm
sorry I meant my zombiemode_weapons.gsc

Double Post Merge: October 03, 2017, 12:15:59 am
Wow... all I had to do was add the gun into my dlc3_code.gsc... wish I could delete posts on here cause this is embarrassing  :-\
7 years ago
Hello, I finally managed to port a mw2 gun into my map and it is fully working, but there is only one problem... Whenever I sprint, there is no footstep sounds... There's only sound if you sprint with a waw gun. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Double Post Merge: October 01, 2017, 05:22:56 am
Never mind, I solved it by using UGX weapon editor++ and putting the weapon and another weapon from waw similar to it (in my case both were pistols so I opened the colt) and headed into the stats tab, then the movement tab and copied the sprint settings from the colt to the m9 gun. Just in case anyone else was wondering how to solve this too  :)
7 years ago
I got it to work now, thank you. And sorry for all these merged posts.
7 years ago
it's easy follow this steps:  :nyan:

1: Download the weapons files from here:  ;) (you can also create or export the weapons but is more hard to do ::))
    http://www.cfgfactory.com/downloads/show/54f1021f45383 (Pack 1)
    http://www.cfgfactory.com/downloads/show/54f10703403e1 (Pack2)

(Remember to add the credit of weapons files provider in your map relase post!)
    Ps you can find other nice weapons already exported here:

http://www.cfgfactory.com/downloads/category/387  :gusta:

2: Install the hands (the weapons are compatible with a specific type of hands)
    how install the hands: put all hands files in raw except mod.csv. and add the images into your mod/map
    and add to mod.csv  the xmodel of the hands (you can find how add from the txt into pack)
    open _loadout.gsc in mod/mapname/maps
   (if u don't have this file copy from raw/maps and past to mod/mapname/maps)
    find this line   else if( level.script == "YOURMAPNAME"
    ad under this line change:
      set_player_viewmodel( "viewmodel_usa_marine_arms");
      set_player_interactive_hands( "viewmodel_usa_marine_player");
    with:
      set_player_viewmodel( "YOURHANDSMODEL");
      set_player_interactive_hands( "YOURHANDSMODEL");

now you have set new hands!   ;)

3: how install weapon:
    chose the weapon and open his folder (if there is a different aim or equip chose it)
    add the mod.csv text of the weapon to your mod.csv (like with hands)
    put all file in raw except weapon and sound folder and mod.csv
    and put image,weapon,sound folder into your mod/mapname

4: add weapon to list and box:
    (if u don't have dlc3_code.gsc copy from raw/maps and past it to mod/mapname/maps)
    open dlc3_code.gsc and find this line:
    include_weapons()
    under this function you can find all weapons order by type (Snipe,Fullauto,Special) chose the type of your weapon
    and add this line:  include_weapon( "WEAPON_FILENAME" );  under the last weapon of his type

(if u don't have _zombiemode_weapons.gsc copy from raw/maps and past to mod/mapname/maps
    open _zombiemode_weapons.gsc and find this line:
    init_weapons()
    under this function we can find again all the weapons order by type so chose the gype of your weapon and add this:   
    add_zombie_weapon( "WEAPON_FILENAME",                &"ZOMBIE_WEAPON_NAME_750",          750,   "vox_ppsh",      5);

Save and recompile, and enjoy  :D

Thank you very much for your reply, although I'm not sure if I understood step 2 in your guide. So I added the view hands into my raw folder, and I don't understand the part where you say to "add mod.csv to your xmodel of the hands". Was I supposed to add all the hand files on my map folder too? Because I only added the images into my map folder for the view hands.

Double Post Merge: September 29, 2017, 08:20:03 pm
Actually I think I understood now... so I added the m4a1 into my map, but how exactly do I get it as a wall weapon that you can buy?

Double Post Merge: September 29, 2017, 09:22:25 pm
Now I got an error saying "images/weapons_holographic_col.iwi is missing" when I try to compile my map  :-\
So I can't test to see if I actually got the m4a1 working as a wall weapon

Double Post Merge: September 30, 2017, 03:29:17 am
I also couldn't find the line in _loadout.gsc " else if( level.script == "YOURMAPNAME" " there was no line that had my zombie map's name
7 years ago
I really won't be able to play any games with you until I get my PC fixed.  I accidentally enabled the setting where it puts the display only on the PC, and that's where the problem stems from.  My PC is a all-in-one and the LCD is broken due to my PC falling over... So I have to save up to replace the LCD so I can use the computer again. :lol: :gusta:

Ahh that sucks... hopefully you get that fixed asap  :(

Double Post Merge: September 28, 2017, 03:04:18 am
i haven't moved on to bo3 completely so keep the maps coming, people will play any custom map on any game if its good enough :D

I'll try my best since this is my first map! Might take me a few months depending on how much free time I get. But I hope it will be worth it in the end  ;D
7 years ago
I was wondering how I can allow players on my custom map to have the ability to slowly crawl while needing to be revived. I've seen some custom maps achieve this and I can't find any guides on how to do this.
7 years ago
I did find a site actually.  I just had a file wrong.  But I finished that.  I did have a problem earlier where I was never able to spawn with and use guns.  But when I compiled a map after converting, I put stock wall weapons using the UGX Mod Standalone.  But I disabled the UGX mod and I am going to see how it ends up.

And, you wouldnt mind adding me on skype, or steam.
Steam: Optic_Deity
WaW: Optic_Crypt

Sure, I'll send you a fr on steam
7 years ago
I am also new to mapping.  I got most of it down but I have an error on the Converter and nowhere on the internet is there instructions telling how to fix the error, nothing even mentions it.

What's your error? I could probably help by looking around for you, or I might of encountered it myself, who knows.
7 years ago
Hi I'm pretty new to this whole mapping thing, and I decided to give it a shot to make my own map for cod waw. I know everyone has moved on to bo3, but unfortunely I don't own bo3 nor can my pc handle it... I won't give any hints on what the map will be on yet, but I really am trying to make it as detailed as I possibly can even with my little knowledge of creating cod maps.  :)
7 years ago
I want help with porting cod4 guns too...

Doesn't ugx have cod 4 weapons tho? Can you just make a ugx mod map?

Also how does this work? I already made a lot of progress in my map, although nowhere near to being complete, but I wouldn't want to start my map from the beginning.
7 years ago
I've tried watching youtube videos on it but they seem outdated... or they just don't really explain very well what to do... Can someone please teach me how to add mw1 guns to my map?
7 years ago
step 4 is confusing... are we supposed to add the unedited viewmodel and world model of the cod4 gun? or the version we edited through ugx weapon editor?
7 years ago
Loading ...