or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - offthewall2112

Looked into and GetLocalPlayers()[0] (which is the player) isn't considered an entity for some reason. So naturally self/player waittill("weapon_fired"); won't work.
Haven't found a solid method of getting a local player since method: GetLocalPlayer() doesn't exist.

E: Could make the same system I did for dw_weapon_fired and make a notify + add_listen_thread for CSC to do it but that makes it delayed by about 5 frames.
It's good to hear your thoughts on this, I've just been using the GetLocalPlayers() function for localclientnum checks and variables. I've tried to get entities in CSC from GSC and I'm pretty sure it will never work, it seems you can only get an entity in CSC if it's spawned there. A lot can be done with viewmodels in CSC without depending on GSC at all though, maybe just one notify at the start of the game...the notetrack waittill is amazing.
9 years ago
E: weapon_fired notify should work in CSC too :| or you can just send a CSC-notify from GSC too.
Hey, I tried that notify and it didn't seem to work. A client notify from gsc works too but the currentammo check in csc was much faster.
9 years ago
Sync Dual Wield Muzzleflash/Shelleject Scripts (created by Offthewall, be sure to credit him :D): https://www.mediafire.com/?3nmceh1nnsl213j
Thanks. It's easy to add new guns to the script, happy porting everybody.
9 years ago
When I discovered the camo feature in WaW I immediately tossed it out of my mind because of the stats issue - but using it for the perk bottles is a good idea.
Glad I could help. I would have showed the perk bottles in the video but it's hard to prove that only one weapon file is being used in that situation. Having the camo change during an animation, made it a little more obvious. I hope that everybody starts trying to think of new ways to optimize their map, there is so much opportunity in this game and anyone can achieve something memorable if they put their mind to it.
10 years ago
How about a Zap Gun in one hand and a Mark 2 in the other, screw OPness, OP has no meaning in zombies, though in all seriousness i thought the best WW setup for hybrid akimbo would be both Ray Guns and that could be as far as it would go
I just realized that this would be pretty easy to do, and I could use real anims. The Zap Gun in the left hand will go good with nearly any weapon combination (at least in maya), thanks for the idea I just need to implement a scripted burst feature for the Mark 2.
10 years ago
Do you plan on releasing this duel-wield script to the public someday?
Yes, it's not ready yet though.
10 years ago
I believe the Mystery box already has coding that would work for this for bouncing betties. You might be able to use that to redirect a function for the Akimbo weapons.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm not too worried about it at this moment. I just implemented a couple more new features, which I'll be showing in my next video 8)
10 years ago
As interesting as this is, I'm actually wondering right now as to how you could get these hybrid akimbo weapons.

For example, depending on which weapon you're currently using right now, do you just go up to a random weapon (that supports hybrid akimbo) and "Press F to do Hybrid Akimbo With This" or what?  ???
I haven't scripted this feature yet, but I'm thinking something like that will be the best way. The mystery box and wall weapon triggers could be modified so an additional hintstring is available. If a hybrid variant exists of the purchasable weapon, and any weapon in your primaries, you can have the choice to turn that weapon into a hybrid or take the regular akimbo.
10 years ago
dont go crazy like that guys
id prefer to just support a pretty good smg with a shotgun :D
I'm thinking the MW2 G18 and Model 1887 next  8)
10 years ago
I fixed the inward sway while walking and added the muzzle flash to the acid gat. Thanks for those tips.

I must have misunderstood which gun I was watching you use - you're right your anim is correct. Did you have the issue we currently have where the brass ammo holder is coming through the hand?
Yeah, I was thinking the reload was fine. I had the handle issue too, and it always looked fine in maya but broken in-game. I ended up tweaking the holder positioning on the xmodel, until it synched up with the anims in-game. Not the best or easiest solution, but since the glitch didn't make any sense this was a way around it.

This is what I meant with the acid texture being wrong: http://i.imgur.com/L5lxzZF.png

Notice the bottom of the acid tubes are covered on the stock, the ammo cartridges are covered by armor near the receiver, and the tips of the barrels are covered in a gold metal texture.
I see, mine is sort of similar but maybe the video just made it harder to tell.
http://oi42.tinypic.com/j0k9k3.jpg

The green color on my acid isn't as bright as yours though, but that's due to the sub-layer settings. I also decreased the exponent on the acid, so that's why the metal looks a little brighter in a few spots. I also removed the end of the barrel on the acid gats, since that was suggested by Echo and he tried to look over a lot of the details from MOTD.

Thanks again for pointing out the flaws in my version, the inward sway definitely looked weird now that I'm aware of it. lol

Edit: To save you some time you can set "j_loader" on the problematic xmodels, to the settings I used:

translate x: -40.403
translate y: -0.812
translate z: -9.845
10 years ago
The gun is swaying inward like a raygun when you walk, you're missing the muzzleflash effects on the gun, your reload anim does not flip open the doghead armor on the top of the gun, and the acid texture on your projectile and on the gun itself is wrong - not trying to be mean, just pointing the stuff out so that you can improve the port even more. Good job on having the kit though, that's really cool. We thought about adding it but we are trying to avoid having anything which mappers have to place in their maps beyond the perk machines.
I'll look into the inward sway thing.

I just referenced the muzzle flash on youtube and you're right, for some reason I thought the acid gat wasn't supposed to have a muzzle flash so I'll fix that, but the other three variants have muzzle flashes.

I just rechecked the reload anim and I can't see what you mean about the armor, it's not supposed to look like this? I checked your video too and it looks like it does the same thing: http://i43.tinypic.com/2qa3gba.png

The acid texture was a little weird, Echo tried a lot of different things with it and came up with the current sub-layer scroll texture settings. If we used model_unlit on the acid_ember it would have definitely gave it more pop though.

Thanks for the support.

I really like your acid explosion effect, better than mine. I get really tired of spending time in EffectsEd trying to replicate someone else's work in that shitty excuse for a program so lately I've been a bit lazy in that department lol.
Haha, yeah Echo made the FX for this one, it definitely does the job. I always hate making FX, but if I was more used to the program maybe it wouldn't be so bad. =p
10 years ago
Nice work as usual. I also ported the Blundergat and Acidgat variants as well as the Acid Gat Kit. I was also aware of the misalignment with certain parts of the gun in maya, the bullet alignment problem can be seen in BO2 so it was their animator. The handle for the loader is caused by some other problem, but they can all be fixed with a little Maya know-how. I'm glad you guys took the extra time to make some more improvements, if you want to see my port click on my YT channel icon ;). Keep up the awesome work!
10 years ago
Not exactly, how do you think we save user ranks in UGX-MOD within the solo engine? You can save stats to the player profile that will exist any time the player opens the mod, unfortunately they will only reside in that mod and not be game-wide.
Thanks I'll try to get the functions down and then work on stat tracking.
i know hint the reason this is called ideas but i love the feedback
Good luck with your project n123q45.
11 years ago
The buyable upgraded perks seems pretty cool, but would persistent upgrades like in bo2 also be desired? It would reset after each game, but would be a nice reward just like in bo2 if you're playing a certain way.
11 years ago
Already in ZCT mod for protoype-style maps.
Damn, that's a shame. I tried making my own version after that post, it works but I've never tried the ZCT mod. Not sure what the differences are, I threw it together pretty quick.

http://pastebin.com/FM5tSuZ5

edit: fixed code, should work in mp now.

Bandolier: Allows you to hold 30% more ammo
Clipped Wings: Allows a player to jump higher and farther than normal and if you jump into a zombie he takes a certain amount of damage.
Helen Killer: Able to be activated once per round and lasts 30 seconds. You are invincible and every zombie you run into dies, however your screen goes black and you lose audio during that time. Great if you are about to get trapped in a corner.
Point-whore Pro: The damage your bullets do drops in half but your ammo capacity doubles.
Serious Revive: When you go to pick up a fallen teammate it drops a turret that defends you for 5 seconds.
Some of those ideas look pretty cool. I might try to make another one for fun, but would hate for it to conflict with another existing one  :D
11 years ago
Loading ...