or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Naxi

They're just map images, etc. we don't actually have the maps yet. Cool none the less.

Ohh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up actually.
7 years ago
So, if you guys didn't know, Bahngo made a Verruckt remaster, and it no longer works, because the codename for it was zm_asylum. Apparently, BO3 PC got an update, and now his map gets overwritten by the Zombies Chronicles Verruckt remaster that shares the same in-game codename. So I figured I'd dick around with the mod tools by guessing the codenames for the rest of the maps, and sure enough, I acquired every single one.

My question is... are these maps already in the game, or just these menu cosmetics?
Either way, these are officially the codenames for all the BO3 ZC maps, so enjoy.

zm_prototype = Nacht der Untoten
Nacht der Untoten
zm_asylum = Verruckt
Verruckt
zm_sumpf = Shi no Numa
Shi no Numa
zm_theater = Kino Der Toten
Kino der Toten
zm_temple = Shangri-la
Shangri-la
zm_cosmodrome = Ascension
Ascension
zm_moon = Moon
Moon
zm_tomb = Origins
Origins
7 years ago
Jason Blundell said that 1) he didn't think it fit the theme... and 2) MOTD has another purpose down the line

Jason's right. MOTD wouldn't really fit in a pack revolving around the 4 main casts, although I'd definitely love to see a remaster of MOTD. I've seen two WIPs, and ehh they look alright. One of them had lazy lighting, but maybe that is fixed by now (dunno). But yeah! Definitely a lot of zombie maps that could still be remastered.

I've been thinking hard about whether I want to re-imagine Nacht, or go with a new map.
I have a really amazing idea for a custom map that I'd love to begin, but it will be a while before a WIP is even showcased on UGX Mods.
7 years ago
UPDATE: 5/8/17
So.. right now, I'm debating whether or not I should finish this map.

This trailer has just been announced:

and Nacht was definitely shown in that trailer.
It also came to my attention that someone made a solid Verruckt remaster not too long ago, and I honestly feel really bad for him, since Verruckt looks to be returning as well.

The thing is, my goal was to remaster Nacht der Untoten, and make it close to the original as possible. I was doing it myself, because I didn't think Treyarch would, and I was also doing it because I hadn't seen any promising Nacht remakes, and I wanted to make it right.

With this trailer reveal, I can officially confirm that I lost hope in remaking Nacht in BOIII. However, that doesn't mean I won't be down to make a reimagined version or a new zombies map.

I've created this poll to get votes on which direction I could go from here on. Please let me know what YOU guys think:
http://www.strawpoll.me/12930597
7 years ago
I was thinking about making the first 1:1 remake of this map but I wonder how people would respond to another nacht even if its 1:1

I personally don't think another Nacht Remaster is necessary. The only reason I started my own, is because I've yet to see a decent Nacht remake. You could do a re-imagining of Nacht, but I feel like another remaster after the one I'm currently working on would just be a waste of time.
7 years ago
/update
I'm back to work on this map. Posted new screens of some more progress in the OG post.

I reckon you should go for more of a Revelations feel, as that nacht had a fresh take to it, without compromising on what made nacht, well, nacht.

That honestly wouldn't be a bad idea. I kind of had that in mind when I added two of the extra areas from Revelations Nacht.
7 years ago
UNRECOVERABLE ERROR:
  LoadFx: no fxdef specified for fx placed in Radiant

Linker will now terminate.

Checked my Entity List, went through my prefabs, and I can't find a single thing to fix this error.
All empty boxes have been deleted, yet I'm still getting this error.

EDIT: Fixed.
7 years ago
I wouldn't say it's a 1:1 remake, it's a remaster. It's a lot more detailed, and will have new areas. I may tweak the lighting again though. We'll have to see how the fog plays out.
7 years ago
Updated lighting (as suggested) to feel more gloomy like OG Nacht, but still needs fog:

Started on top floor + working on a new room:

What could be in there?  ::)
7 years ago

Double Post Merge: October 24, 2016, 06:31:14 pm
oops, this is suppose to be in BOIII
7 years ago
Yeah, you're right. I'll see if I can find a way to touch up on that.
8 years ago
Uploaded the first WIP video! Check it out! (:

8 years ago
Some of the lighting doesn't work on the machines, such as Mule Kick.
8 years ago
I still have a bit of touching up to do in the spawn room, but it's coming along nicely:

Also began working on the Magic box room:
8 years ago
Why not just name it "Night of the Undead" like how The Giant is the English translation of Der Riese?

Sounds too common for my taste. Most people who are on the Nacht-Remake-bandwagon are calling it that.
8 years ago
Loading ...