or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Nathiri

Okay looks like the problem is solved. I decided to extract the mod tool files again into the root and copied and replaced. Then when I opened up Asset Manager and hit convert on the material and then the xmodel, I noticed my anti-virus had removed a file they thought was not safe, so I quickly restored it, and then redid the conversion and it completed. I assume this was the problem.

I didnt think it would be a mod tools problem as this was a fresh one I installed several months ago, which I didnt do anything with until now. But I must of missed the notification when my anti-virus removed the file previously.

I'll start converting more to make sure.
8 years ago
Thanks man, and your right
Spoiler: click to open...
There is more after the souls. There are a few vids posted of it.

The main campaign ee, isn't too difficult I guess, but it was meant to be fun rather than hard, but there are 4 more ees on the way, also. Most pretty easy too. I spent more time fighting ORBiT then making it, lol.

Not sure why it's crashing for you, I can take screen shots even with my laptop, while playing. Im sorry to hear that. And like tudark said, we hit some limits and had to trade one thing for another, and people said no t4m,, so some of tudarks detail was removed, I think aw models might have been an issue for us with the size of the map. I may have been fighting the memory limit. I tried for months to get it in. You'll see some of what was deleted in his next project I think though, ICARUS. Hope you had fun!

The update will keep increasing levels, making zombies stronger, the longer it takes.

There is HARD difficulty if it was too easy

Yeah I should try the hard difficulty. It was very open in several areas so plenty of area to move about.

There is more? after the souls filled, the map immediately ended, so we couldnt check anything afterwards.
8 years ago
Just played it all the way through on 1.1 update. For some reason I thought there was a more complex EE, and I was surprised it ended so soon on round 17 after filling the souls. When I tried to take a screenshot of the victory it crashed again :(. To me it ended before a full experience was seen.

I do think the detailing was little low on some of the areas. The loading bay looked great though. The effects of station orbit was very cool as well.
8 years ago
Is that the stargate?
8 years ago
Sorry about the crashing, perhaps lower settings would help?

Ah, in single player right? You go lucky then, lol, I thought I fixed that...

I saw that too and wasn't sure if it was me or the gun. Thanks for confirming, I will check the timers.

No it was 2 player coop. I'll try that next time with the settings.
8 years ago
Map seems very prone to crashing. It even crashed when trying to take a screenshot, when trying to access web browser in steam overlay, and other times, took a bit to start playing.

I also seemed to have found a bug with the death machine. I picked up the power up and then went down, and when I was revived, I still had it, and it continually stayed, until game crashed when accessing steam browser...

The S12's model functioned weirdly at times, it would appear to be pointing slightly up. After reloading it would be where it should be, but after using it a bit, it went back, until I reload again.
8 years ago
did you try to lunch hole luncher as an admin ?

yes, and asset manager.
8 years ago
Did both suggestions, no change. The window still comes up and disappears before anything is done.
8 years ago
So after not mapping for a few months, I decided to start doing it again. But since I have gone to a new computer and I lost all my ported models, I had to begin porting models again. So I opened up my .gdt and put the necessary settings, and the image path for the material, then put the xmodel export file in the xmodel part, and hit Convert. It brought up the conversion window, but no text showing the process appeared, and the window disappeared within a second. No conversion on the files I specified was done.

I'm not sure what could be the problem. I checked the material and xmodel settings again, and looked at a tutorial to see if I missed a step, but it still does this.
8 years ago
The first Call of Duty was the first campaign I ever played (being also the first CoD I played). But I think CoD4 is the best campaign which I played right after the CoD1 campaign. After this would be MW2, and then probably CoD1. I didnt really like the BO1 campaign, not that it wasnt good, I just didnt enjoy it.
8 years ago
Not to mention, how would you go about doing this? This isn't exactly the most wide open map. It's made up of tight corridors and very few "large" areas.

Yeah I think the current tightness is fine as it gives good challenge, but still very fun. There isnt many "easy" camp spots or training spots, and it's easy to get cornered by the zombies.

Just managed to complete the EE coop with 2/3 players on round 30. https://gyazo.com/50fc36c24e067d4fc5a8d58235629d9c. This is on the 3rd try of the map. The Hyena Bombs are also very fun to use.
8 years ago
Are the download links updated with the 1.0.1 patch? the mega one still says 1.0 so not sure.

I guess they are since it says so on the first post.
8 years ago
If you haven't noticed already, How to Train your Dragon is what I live for. Childish, I know :please:
Watched the movies countless times, and listen to the OST every day. The characters and story in the HTTYD universe really gets to me.

You are right, the movie is very enjoyable, and the music is very good.

Welcome to UGX... (well, most of you...)
8 years ago

Okay so ive being having a problem lately with this and tried as good as i can to continue on the map but ive runned into a few problems with it and it dosent look so bright for the mod.
First of all look at this:
 For some reason it shows up in the xmodel utils.

Also some textures are missing and this started to happen when i got problems with these model assets.
Ive tried to recover some of them and i might think maybe the launcher have runned into a limit but why aint i getting any error then on compiles and build mod.

If anyone knows how to fix all this then i would appreciate it alot and i will release this map as fast as i can but right now it would be bad to release it since ive runned into these problems.
Also if there is no soulution for it, then i would be glad if someone has a tool that can backup all of the assets that my map uses so it will have all the gun files for it and models textures and fxes.

I had that problem with models too. I think its because your computer is having trouble generating the entire map with all those models as there is alot to generate. If you put on Cubic Clipping it should restrict the map to a small portion for generation which should show up everything in that space.
8 years ago
Hey so I got this new laptop at the end of November and it has Windows 10 on it. With this current internet connection I have, the laptop is frequently disconnecting itself throughout the day. It can be a few times in just 15 mins, or it could have a couple hours of connection before again disconnecting. It usually only takes a minute or less before it reconnects, but its really annoying especially when playing a MP game where I 'time out' because of it. There is 2 other computers that are Windows 7 that never disconnect from the internet (except of course when power goes out or something). Yesterday for some reason, it never disconnected except maybe once in the morning although I dont really remember if it did or not, but it didnt disconnect later in the day when I was playing or browsing.

I've searched online about this issue and have tried a few things, including reinstalling the network adapter driver, and unticking the box in Power Management that allows the computer to turn it off to save power, but have remained unsuccessful in fixing it. I have not ventured into the modem settings yet as I'm reluctant to go in there because I dont have much knowledge on editing stuff within the settings and I dont really think it is a modem issue if 2 other computers have absolutely no issues with it.

ASUS F555L
Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter

When I first got this computer and was figuring out the new OS, I didnt have it connected to the internet much so I'm not sure if this problem has always been there, but when I was travelling, I had it connected to Hotel Wifi from the early afternoon to night with no disconnects.
8 years ago
Loading ...