or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Naminator999

I have also tried re-exporting the sounds and still after building mod.ff and sounds i still receive no errors and the correct number of updated sounds yet the raw/sound/announcer folder is still empty. I have no idea what is going wrong.

Have i missed a step?
10 years ago
I can add the sound entity but i dont know how to set a specific sound for it
10 years ago
Hey UGX Community,

Im having trouble converting custom Announcer sounds. I have followed Treminaor's Custom Sounds tutorial here

UGX Mods Tuts - Adding Custom Sounds

My sounds have been changed to mono and exported to WAV unsigned 8bit and cleared all tags using Audacity 1.3 Beta.

I have then copied them to the root/sound_assets/raw/sound/announcer.

I copied the sound aliases from dlc_share.csv including the correct header info at the top to my maps sound alias and adjusted the filename to fit the new location.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
name,file,platform,sequence,vol_min,vol_max,dist_min,dist_max,limit_count,limit_type,entity_limit_count,entity_limit_type,bus,volume_min_falloff_curve,volumefalloffcurve,reverb_send,dist_reverb_max,reverb_min_falloff_curve,reverb_falloff_curve,pitch_min,pitch_max,randomize_type,spatialized,type,probability,loop,masterslave,loadspec,subtitle,compression,secondaryaliasname,chainaliasname,startdelay,speakermap,lfe percentage,center percentage,envelop_min,envelop_max,envelop percentage,occlusion_level,occlusion_wet_dry,real_delay,distance_lpf,move_type,move_time,min_priority,max_priority,min_priority_threshold,max_priority_threshold,,isbig

# Announcer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
carp_vox,announcer\carpenter.wav,,,1,1,50,2500,8,reject,1,reject,voice,,curve2,,,,,1,1,,2d,,,,master,,,,,,1000,wpn_all,,,,,,,,,,,,10,25,0.25,1,,
dp_vox,announcer\doublepoints.wav,,,1,1,50,2500,8,reject,1,reject,voice,,curve2,,,,,1,1,,2d,,,,master,,,,,,1000,wpn_all,,,,,,,,,,,,10,25,0.25,1,,
insta_vox,announcer\instakill.wav,,,1,1,50,2500,8,reject,1,reject,voice,,curve2,,,,,1,1,,2d,,,,master,,,,,,1000,wpn_all,,,,,,,,,,,,10,25,0.25,1,,
ma_vox,announcer\maxammo.wav,,,1,1,50,2500,8,reject,1,reject,voice,,curve2,,,,,1.2,1.2,,2d,,,,master,,,,,,1000,wpn_all,,,,,,,,,,,,100,100,0.25,1,,
nuke_vox,announcer\nuke.wav,,,1,1,50,2500,8,reject,1,reject,voice,,curve2,,,,,1.2,1.2,,2d,,,,master,,,,,,2000,wpn_all,,,,,,,,,,,,100,100,0.25,1,,
ann_vox_magicbox,announcer\special_magicbox_full.wav,,,1,1,50,2500,8,reject,1,reject,voice,,curve2,,,,,1,1,,2d,,,,master,,,,,,1000,wpn_all,,,,,,,,,,,,10,25,0.25,1,,

I have then loaded up Launcher added my maps sound alias to the mod.csv as well as the sounds themselves

Code Snippet
Plaintext
sound,nazi_zombie_voyager,,all_sp
sound,carp_vox
sound,dp_vox
sound,insta_vox
sound,ma_vox
sound,nuke_vox
sound,ann_vox_magicbox

I have then ticked build mod.ff and build sounds and then built my mod.

The converter completes with no errors and lists the correct number of updated sounds.

But when i go to copy the sounds to my mod folder from root/raw/sound/announcer the folder is empty.

I dont understand what has gone wrong the converter had no errors so why are the files missing.

BTW i am using UGX Mod 1.0.3

If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated.
10 years ago
I know it is possible as I have seen the sound entity in fx editor, I have never used it myself.
Look at where you set the type of fx entity (billboard sprite, line, light, etc) there should be a sound setting.

That's what i found as well but i don't know how to set a sound alias
10 years ago
Hi Trem.

I got this error when trying to add a new alias and save.

Spoiler: click to open...

Code Snippet
Plaintext
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at UGX_AliasEditor__.Form1.addAlias(String type)
   at UGX_AliasEditor__.Form1.insertNewAliasToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
UGX AliasEditor++
    Assembly Version: 0.9.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.9.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Call%20of%20Duty%20World%20at%20War/UGX%20AliasEditor++.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

10 years ago
Hi UGX Community.

I was wondering if there was a way to add sound to an FX? I noticed when tinkering with an FX there is an element type for sound but i was not sure how to add sound.

Thanks.
10 years ago
wait(RandomFloatRange(20,300));

Thanks. What if i want a sound to play when the screen shakes?
10 years ago
Use my code, as it should affect the whole map. Add a wait(10); before the for loop.

What about a min and max wait time between shakes. I don't want the screen to shake 2 seconds after it already has you see nor too far apart
10 years ago
delete the extra tab on the wait line.
Still get bad syntax error.

Here's the code
Code Snippet
Plaintext
//Screen Shake
shake()
{
for(;;){
earthquake(0.3,3,(0,0,0),1000);
wait = RandomIntRange( 20, 60 ); // change to whatever
wait(wait);
}
}
10 years ago
If you're calling the thread AFTER the zombiemode, there's no need for that.

Ok. Thanks

Post Merge: June 25, 2014, 06:42:20 am
Code Snippet
Plaintext
shake()
{
for(;;){
earthquake(0.3,10,(0,0,0),1000000);
wait(RandomFloat(300));
}
}

Hey Ray. How do add a delay so that the shaking does not start straight away after spawning.

Also how do i add a minimim wait between shakes.

I tried daedras wait code but i kept getting a bad syntax error.

Probably want to make the time in between waits random.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
wait = RandomIntRange( 20, 60 ); // change to whatever
          wait(wait);

Like that.
10 years ago
If i'm using UGX Mod would i need to add the wait for voting to complete code.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
level waittill("ugxm_voting_complete");
10 years ago
Hey daedra.

Do you know of any way to stop the perk power switches from turning on any light_electic scripted primary lights i have in my map and to set up a seperate power switch for them?

Thanks.
10 years ago
How do i use the Origins models for the soul chest?
10 years ago
Hi.

Im making a map that is located on a spaceship and want the screen to shake for a few seconds at random intervals with a minimum and maximum wait time.

Could someone please help me script this?

Thanks.
10 years ago
If you're going to do it on the power switch, select the prefab, stamp it (with this button: (Image removed from quote.)), select the trigger, press N, enter the KVPs i gave you on the previous post. If the trigger is not in a prefab, just add the KVP.

(Image removed from quote.)

Ah. Great thanks!
10 years ago
Loading ...