or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - nabaro

I am using
Code Snippet
Plaintext
SetVelocity((x, y, z));
Maybe it has something to do with my map?
9 years ago
Is there a limit for the "z" parameter in
Code Snippet
Plaintext
SetVelocity(x, y, z);
? 1000, 2000, and 10,000 all seem to go the same distance in the air.

Thanks in advance for your help!
9 years ago
Yep setvelocity and some trig functions  :)
9 years ago
Thanks! Btw I figured out that you can check movement with

Code Snippet
Plaintext
getnormalizedmovement();
9 years ago
Hey,
I was going through the script reference, _utility, and _utility_code, and I noticed that there is only a reference to checking if certain buttons are pressed, like attack, and use, and the generic
Code Snippet
Plaintext
buttonpressed();
only applies for host and appears to only apply for gamepads. Is there a way to check if any button is pressed, like forward, sprint, jump, etc.?
9 years ago
Thank you,

Code Snippet
Plaintext
setvelocity(x,y,z);

works!
9 years ago
I'm still a bit unsure what a vector is. Let's say I set the vector to (50, 30, 10), will the launched object/person go to that point on the coordinate grid, or will they move 50 on the x axis, 30 on the y axis, and 10 on the z axis. Pretty much, is it a specific position or a distance relative from the player/object?
9 years ago
I am trying to fling a player using Physics Launch, but it does nothing. I'm not sure that I understand the parameters of Physics Launch fully. Here is the code:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
player PhysicsLaunch( player.origin, 20 );

Thanks in advance!
9 years ago
Alright, I made a modified version of the dp28_bipod_stand in AssMan which shoots projectiles called the dp28_bipod_stand_projectile, but when I go to launch the map, I get this error: weapClass in weapon info "dp28_bipod_stand_projectile" for misc_turret must be "turret." This doesn't really make sense to me, as the new asset is just the dp28 with projectile settings.
9 years ago
Alright, I decided to use the Oerlikon Cannon Turret from the campaign: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Oerlikon_Cannon . Based on this and the available turret types in AssMan, I made a turret with these kvps:
weaponinfo : pby_dual_30cal
model : artillery_usa_oerlikon
classname : misc_turret

and added these lines to my mod.csv:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
xmodel,artillery_usa_oerlikon
weapon,sp/oerlikon_turret

However, when I touch the turret in-game, I get this error: Missing tag [tag_aim] on entity [64] (artillery_usa_oerlikon).
I assume this means that the oerlikon model is not rigged to be a weapon, but I cannot find any more oerlikon models.
9 years ago
I'm sorry, it didn't help. Thanks for your help though!  :)
9 years ago
Hey, I am trying to get a bomb to follow a path based on the Airstrike Tutorial on the UGX Wiki. However, when I am in game and press the trigger, the bomb does not move. Here is my script:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
#include common_scripts\utility; 
#include maps\_utility;
#include maps\_zombiemode_utility;

main()
{
trigger = getEnt("cannon_trig", "targetname");
cost = 1500;

trigger setCursorHint("HINT_NOICON");
trigger setHintString("Press &&1 to start the cannons [Cost: "+cost+"]");

while(1)
{
trigger waittill("trigger",player);
if(player.score >= cost)
{
player maps\_zombiemode_score::minus_to_player_score( cost );
trigger setHintString("Cannons are in action!");
cannon_fire();
wait 60;
}
}
}

cannon_fire()
{
cannon = getEnt("cannon", "targetname");
cannon_path = GetVehicleNode("cannon_path_start", "targetname");
thread maps\_vehicle::vehicle_paths(cannon_path);
maps\_vehicle::vehicle_init(cannon);

cannon StartPath(cannon_path);
}

And here is a picture of my Radiant: http://imgur.com/X3maxi5

Thank you in advance!

9 years ago
When obtaining guns from the box, it seems that I only have one slot and cannot switch to a secondary. However, if I use the give command to force the issue, I am able to switch guns. What is the issue? Thanks in advance for your help.
Video of problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNuq9lu0H0k&feature=youtu.be (Mute the audio it's messed up)
9 years ago
Loading ...