or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - MZslayer11

Im sure im not the only one who has noticed that the zombies in WaW (both stock maps and custom maps) pull you in when you get hit, which can be extremely annoying and makes Jugg essential. So annoying that me and my friend have dubbed them the "Magnetic Zombies". I have also noticed that this "pulling in" effect is minimal to nonexistent in BO and BO2. So this got me thinking... is there a way to remove this "Magnetic" effect from our custom maps. I would assume that this action is either some unchangeable part of the WaW engine, or there might be a way to edit a certain script to remove this function from our maps. I would personally love to see all future maps have excluded this function because frankly it is just an annoyance. So what do you think? Is there a way to remove this unwanted feature from our maps, or will we just have to continue coping with this like we have been for years. Let me know that you guys think and if you do find a way to remove it PLEASE release your method to the public... I think everyone would appreciate it!
10 years ago
^^ treminaor = win
10 years ago
I know this map has been out for a while now but i just wanted to say something. I don't know why people are saying that jump scares "ruined" the map. Its not like there was one behind every door, just like 2 or 3. If you ask me (which I know you didn't) the jump scares actually ADDED to the map because it created a sense of paranoia to the map which made it a more scary yet thrilling experience. I don't know why this is such a deal breaker for people. After all it is a zombie map and it is supposed to be suspenseful and scary. If you don't want to be scared a little then don't play zombies. I'm not trying to start an argument over this I just wanted to add my 2 cents.
10 years ago
Well... 3 days of my time wasted trying to do this and still no success. Either im an idiot or something is wrong with my launcher.
10 years ago
I just put it in COD5ROOT\raw\sound\weapons\WEAPON_NAME\. Then create a soundalias and add the soundalias to your mod.csv, matching this template: sound,"SOUNDALIASNAME",,all_sp
I don't copy the sounds into my mods folder, takes up too much space :D (not needed too).

Lukkie1998

Ok thanks i will try that. Would i just copy any line from weapons.csv soundalias and change the sound name and the file location to match my sound or is there some other way that works better?
10 years ago
You don't have to convert weapon sounds for them to work. I never convert them and they work just fine for me.

Lukkie1998

so would i just put my firesound in my mods\nazi_zombie_MAPNAME\sounds folder?
10 years ago
Are you making your own soundalias? If you are I suggest just backing up weapons.csv and then adding your gun sound into it. It will already include every sound in there so you won't have to do any of the sound,sp blah blah blah.

I tried doing that too. Still isn't working. FRUSTRATION!!!

Double Post Merge: August 22, 2014, 12:20:12 am
is there another way to convert sounds for WaW?
10 years ago
Enough said?

My suggestion is too look up a tutorial on custom main menu music. That's how I started figuring out sounds. And I don't mean a zk tutorial.
Then keep this stuff in mind as well that sajeone told me via pm because I was having sound issues due to every sound tutorial I've read being incomplete.

Ok so i followed your tut on Zombie Modding for main menu music exactly and its doing the same thing as the firesound! I made sure that all the settings were correct and everything was in the right place but till it didn't work!
10 years ago
I am trying to add some custom weapon sounds to my map to spruce things up a bit. This is like my third attempt at doing this and yet I have failed again! Here is my procedure:

1. Put .wav sound in root/mpas/MAPNAME/sound folder.
2. Put .wav sound in sound_asset/raw/sound folder
3. Created a new sound-alias for my weapon by copying the line from the colt sound-alias and renaming the sound name to the name of my sound.
4. Put sound,SOUNDNAME,,all_sp in mod builder
5. Checked off my sound in the mod builder.
6. Added the name of my fire-sound in the weapon file.
7. Checked off only Build mod .ff Fastfile and Build Sounds in mod builder.
8. Clicked on Build Mod

After doing this i get this in the consile:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
---------------------------
Errors

FILES: 18323
UPDATED: 4
ERRORS: 20575
----------------------------
Copying  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty World at War\mods\nazi_zombie_MAPNAME\mod.csv
     to  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty World at War\zone_source\mod.csv

Then I remembered what ZK said in one of his tutorials "If its higher than 8 you should be ok" but i only got 4 updates and also my sound did not get placed in raw/sounds!

WHAT DID I SCREW UP THIS TIME!

10 years ago
Thanks for the imput guys but the problem seems to have worked itself out! Ill check my CPU if it happens again ;)
10 years ago
Over the past week i have been experiencing major fps drops in all of my steam games. I got my new PC in January of 2014 and up until now I have had no problems. Before, i could run most games between 30-60 fps without any trouble. Now all of a sudden, i am experiencing major fps drops every 1-5 minutes. It drops from 60 fps to 10 fps in a matter of seconds, then it freezes up for about 10 seconds. Then it goes up to 60 again and everything is fine until it happens again in a few minutes. This makes the games almost unplayable especially zombies because as soon as you freeze up, you die! This only happens on about half of my games and the other half runs perfectly smooth. I hope someone can help me cause its really annoying and it pisses me off that a brand new PC would do this. Here are the specs:

HP Pavillion 17
Windows 8.1
6GB Ram
Intel Core i3 processor
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Graphics Card)
64-Bit Operating system

I hope someone can help! Thanks in advance ;)
10 years ago
Make sure you have jug and a power switch in your map

Yes i have jugg and power

Double Post Merge: August 17, 2014, 10:33:46 pm
WOW! Im such an idiot! I actually deleated my nazi_zombie_mapname from my mod folder! Everything works now. Thanks for the help anyway :P
10 years ago
After adding the black ops perks, i finally thought i got them working correctly. However, when i go up to the machines to buy them, the hint  string doesn't appear. Its just the hand pointer thing. Also, the same thing happens when i tried to built the power switch which i added a while ago. It just shows the hand symbol on all the parts and on the buildable table. I didn't mess with either of the scripts and i have added both in other maps as a test and they have worked perfectly. As soon as i added the BO perks, everything got screwed up! Any help?
10 years ago
I really enjoyed borderlands 2. It has a great story line with a boatload of weapons and an amazing soundtrack. Brings back good memories just thinking about it. I also enjoyed the CoD series with the exception of a few titles. My favorite cods were. CoD5, Bo1, Bo2, and MW2. I never really go t to play any before before CoD5 so i cant really give my opinion about those. As far as i'm concerned, MW3 and Ghosts were total failures in my eyes.
10 years ago
1. Thunder Rum
2. Blaster Beer
3. Lightning Lemonade
4. Dr. Zeus
5. Godly Gin
6. Thor Tequila
7. Wonder Wine
8. Thunder Nog
9. Blaster Nog
10. Thor Nog
10 years ago