or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - MZslayer11

Hello UGX Members. I need your help!

As part of my college Critical Writing class, I have been tasked with creating a research essay on a particular group of people. I choose to do my project on the UGX-Mods community and it is now time for me to start gathering my data for my essay. That is where you guys come in. I would greatly appreciate it if as many people as possible could take the following survey. It doesnt matter who you are, the more responses I can get, the better. The survey is anonymous and should only take a few minutes.

SURVEY CLOSED

My professor is also requiring us to conduct interviews with five people within our group. These "interviews" will take place over Discord DM's or really any other messaging service within the next couple of days. This too will not take much time and the questions will be similar to that of the survey but of course open-ended and in more detail. If you are interested, please send me a message on Discord MZslayer11#2655 or send me a message over UGX-Mods. I am looking for a variety of user ranks for these interviews, for example one Administrator/Moderator/Team Member, one or two Community Mappers, one or two Community scripters, and one or two Donators/Normal Users. Also, preferably I would like the participants to be relativly active users on the forum/discord as well. If too many people volenteer, it will be on a first come first serve basis. If I cant get enough volenteers (more likely), I may have to reach out and ask some specific people.

Your participation is greatly appreciated, thank you!
5 years ago
So a while ago this topic was posted about MOTD Grenade Disposal and i'm having a little trouble getting it to work with the code posted.

Here is what I have (Credit to Lilrifa):

In mapname.gsc:
Under "maps\_zombiemode::main();"
Code Snippet
Plaintext
//Grenade Disposal===================
p = get_players();
for(i=0;i<p.size;i++)
{
p[i] thread watch_for_grenade();
        p[i] IPrintLnBold("Player Connected");
}
// Grenade Disposal=================

Bottom of file:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
// Grenade Disposal
watch_for_grenade()
{
self endon( "death" );
self endon( "disconnect" );

for (;;)
{
self waittill("grenade_fire",grenade,weapname);
self IPrintLnBold(weapname);
if(weapname == "fraggrenade" || weapname == "Stielhandgranate")
{
self IPrintLnBold("Grenade Thrown");
grenade thread disposal(self, "grenade_check_trig");
}
}
}

disposal(player, grenade_disposal)
{
player IPrintLnBold("Checking for trig");
trig = getEnt( "targetname" , "grenade_disposal");
checking = 1;
while(checking)
{
wait(0.05);

if(self isTouching(trig))
{
player maps\_zombiemode_score::add_to_player_score(20);
self delete();
player IPrintLnBold("Deleting Grenade");
}

checking = 0;
}
}

Original Post: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7052.0.html

Whats happening to me is that all my grenades are deleted instead of just the ones that are thrown into the trigger. Any help is appriecated.
8 years ago
For my PC build that I am doing soon, I have a question about the CPU and Motherboard being compatible.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460
Motherboard: MSI H81M-E34

I know they are compatible as far as the CPU socket goes but there is something I saw on pcpartpicker.com that i'm not really sure about.

https://gyazo.com/3da93009a9750686940ed5fd450f900f

And also this on the CPU description:
https://gyazo.com/5cb5238d6a40fe03a1e746b58d94d478

Does this apply to me? If so, is it something easy to do or is it going to give me problems?

8 years ago
I am able to open up my map fine. But after a few minutes, I will select a brush or a model and I will get this error:

I just started getting this error today. It has happened 4 different times, each time after selecting a different model/brush. Wtf.
8 years ago
I'm in the process of looking at parts for a pc that I plan to build in the next few months. I was planning on getting this CPU:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KPRWAZQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1442616584&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=intel+core+pentium&dpPl=1&dpID=51KAbpUr9sL&ref=plSrch

It's cheap, it's unlocked, and its got a decent clock speed. But I have been considering getting a more expensive i5 instead, so that it would be relevant longer. Because I have heard that several games are either not supporting dual core cups at all, or that they run shitty with dual core cpus. I'll bet that in the near future, more and more games will also do this. What are your guys thoughts on this? Are dual cores being faded out? Should they be avoided by gamers?
8 years ago
Hello! Ive recently begun portaling my map and I think I've kind of fucked myself here. When I first behan the map (A year and and a half ago), I was still a noob and my mapping work was very sloppy. Ex: tons of overlapping brushes, gaps, and such. Mostly thanks to the fact that  did not use the snap to grid function  :derp: And of course this has come back to bite me in the ass now that I have more experience in mappping.

I think the obvious solution would be to redo the structural parts of the buildings so that they can actually be portaled correctly without gaps and overlaps. Let me know if there may be a easier, less time consuming solution.

I only just learned how to portal a few days ago (just doing buildings atm) so I still have tons of questions as to what is and isn't allowed when portaling. Any other tips and suggestions would be helpful as well so let me know ;)

- Am I correct in saying that portals can overlap detail brushes, but not structural brushes?
- There are not allowed to be any gaps OR overlaps in the structual brushes in a cell?
- Only one face of a portal brush can have the portal texture?
- Do portal brushed need to be square/rectangular or can they be cut to fit a certain aera?
- Lets say I have a building. This building has a upper and lower floor. Should I portal the entire building as a whole or do the top and bottom floor seperately?
-  It there are two portal cells next to each other, what side do you put the portal texture on, on the brush separating the two portals?
- Will clips interfere with portals in any way?
- Will models interfere with portals in any way?

- If I have an opening like this:

...and I make some of it detail like this:

...am allowed to do this?:

or is there a better way?

I think that's all the questions I have. Any help and advice is appreciated  ;)
9 years ago
I am having a problem with the lighting in one section of my map.

(Fraps washes out my images  ::) )
From far away, the floor looks fine... (they are models btw):
Spoiler: click to open...

...but as you get closer and closer, they start getting darker until they just look black:

Here are more Examples. Changing my looking angle seemed made it look different too:
Looking normal:

Looking down:

Looking normal:

Looking slightly down:

Here you can see both from the same view:

I also found it strange that the lighted ones sorta have a orangeish tint, all except the last pic where it actually looks normal, with a blueish tint. (All the lights in that area are pure white) Anyone know whats up with this?

EDIT: its also happening to those crate models too if you look at that one pic.
9 years ago
When I edit things in the menufile im using (this one: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=5332.0) it does not get applied in the actual menu. For instance...

I changed this:

to this:

but it still shows up like this in game:

I also changed this to something different and its not being applied either:

I made sure I saved the .menu file, ticked it in mod builder, built mod and compiled map but its still not showing my changed in the actul menu. Any help?
9 years ago
If I use the Box prefab that came with the UGX mod-tools patch in my map, the hint-string is all messed up.

So I got the prefabs from Sniperbolts Tutorial Prefabs and put those in my map. The hint-string on those work fine. But the problem with those is that when the box "moves", it goes back to the same spot every time. I make sure that I have the start chest in then chest_1, chest_2, and so on.

I searched this problem on the forum but the only solutions I found were:

1]
Make sure that this is on mapname .gsc:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
level.DLC3.useChestMoves = true;
But I have that and still nothing.

-or-

2]
replace the entire _zombiemode_weapons.gsc with the one from sniperbolts tutorial. Which I don't want to do because I have heavily edited that script and I don't want to overwright that.

If you have a solution to the UGX box problem or the problem I'm having with sniper bolts box, let me know.

9 years ago
Every time I try to create a new map, I get this error:

This error only happens on new maps that I make. I have even tried using a different script placer and this still happens. All my older maps still work fine. Yes I compiled the _patch. Any help would be appreciated.
9 years ago
[Withdrawn] Hoover Dam

I simply did not have enough time to work this map very much. I haven't done much work on it anyway so I am unfortunately going to withdraw form the contest. I may continue this map in the future as a normal release, but I promise nothing.

Here is a picture of Hoover dam:

Here is a radiant picture of my current progress:
Update #1:

Even though Town is not quite finished, I decided to spend a little time in radiant so I would have some progress so show for the contest. This is just a very early, very basic structure of the Dam wall and top.

Updates will come when more progress is made.
9 years ago
I am trying to make a new map for testing purposes and I get these errors.

First, I got '_zombiemode_dogs.gsc is missing'. So, I copyed that gsc from raw to my mapname folder. The I rebuilt mod and recompiled ect.

Then I got missing dog animscripts errors. Every time I would copy them to my mod folder, I would get another missing animscript errors. I eventually copied all the dog related animscripts into my mod folder. and then I got a server script compile error. in one of the animscripts.

I even tried removing dogs from my _zombiemode.gsc, and still this shit. I had this error on my very first created map, but it hasn't appeared again until now. I am thoroughly pissed because I just wanted to test one thing that was supposed to take 5 minutes, and I wasted 30 mins troubleshooting with no success. I checked on UGX and ZM for a solution, but all the posts had no solution, or the solution didn't work.
9 years ago
I have this brushmodel in my map that I would like to remove but for some reason I cannot select it. I've tried selecting it from many different angles but it just selects the stuff behind/below it. Any help?
9 years ago
How would I make a glowing/neon style texture? Like this:

9 years ago
[WIP] TranZit 2.0 [CANCELED]

Due to peoples' lack of interest in working on this project, and lack of communication between members recently, this project is canceled. I think we would all just rather work on out own stuff at the moment rather than attempting to bring together a map that has been slowly losing interest for months now. I apologize to those of you who were anticipating this map, however, both Town and Bus Depot will still be released as standalone maps in the near future.

[CANCELED]
We all hate tranZit. However, we think it could be re-done in such a way that it will be more fun, less annoying, and bring a fun map to the custom zombies community. This will be a community built map, meaning that different parts will be contributed by many UGX members. See the below for a rough list of early features, screenshots, and members involved. Stay tuned for more updates!

Map Idea:
+ conn6orsuper117

Mappers:
+ Bus Depot: RichGaming
+ Tunnel : RichGaming
+ Diner: DuaLVII
+ Farm: DuaLVII
+ Power Station: READ ABOVE!
+ Hunters Cabin area: READ ABOVE!
+ Town: MZslayer11

Scripters:
+ Harry Bo21
+ arceus
+ PROxFTW
+ Ray1235

Weapons:
+ PROxFTW
+ Ray1235
+ HitmanVere

Modeling:
+ MAK911

Portaling:
+ smasher248

Planned Features:

Note: This is a rough list, all things are not final and are subject to change.

- Buildables
- Boss Rounds (Denizens With a less annoying twist)
- Bus (Origins Style, not mandatory)
- Bo2 Weapons
- TranZit Atmosphere (Fog, Embers ect.)
- Exploding Zombies
- Richtoffen Voices
- Same Bus Stops, smaller map overall (Shorter distance between Stops)
- Added Powerups
- TranZit Zombie Models
- Other BOII Features
- Custom HUD
More to come!

Screenshots: (Note: These are not the final product.)

Town - By: MZslayer11

I Re-did the laundromat, and I am in the process of re-doing the road/lava cracks.

Laboratory/PaP area is pretty much done.

(Fraps makes my images look washed out. They look better in game)

Bus Depot - By: RichGaming

Diner - By: DualVII

Power Station - READ TOP OF POST!
(There are currently no screenshots for this section of the map. Please check back soon for more updates)

Hunters Cabin area - READ TOP OF POST!
(There are currently no screenshots for this section of the map. Please check back soon for more updates)

Tunnel - By: RichGaming

Farm - By: DuaLVII

More screenshots to come soon!
9 years ago
Loading ...