or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - mrpeanut188

What is the best way to sync maps that are being created collaboratively? I'm thinking between a Dropbox or an SVN solution, but is Google-Drive's syncing any good? I really want to know what people have done in the past and how it has worked out for them. SVN seems more like the right thing because you can manage each change to every file down to the details. Hell, the name SVN itself is an acronym for subversion.

Also, I'm looking for a scriper on my 'No Mercy' project. If my signature is too far away... It's my first map, however the position is not open for just scripting. I'm thinking a part-collaboration would work nicely after I get the map done, as long as our visions for the map don't stray too far apart. The reason I haven't posted updates is because the map itself is on the 5th flush of scripts, I keep have to reset them far too often and it is messing my mapping pipeline. I do have progress though, but if you would look at the map now it looks like a mess despite how much I've cleaned up the geometry. It's a decompiled map so there is a shit-ton of brush reconstruction to make the map optimized, I really want to see this go through and become reality.

Cheers!

Oh, and last but not least...
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
9 years ago
Code Snippet
Plaintext
loadedfx could not find effect bio/player/fx_footstep_dust - ensure that effect is precached in 
the server script, and included in appropriate CSVs.

It is in the .CSV files, and is precached in the DLC3_fx codes.
9 years ago

fucking worth every penny
9 years ago
What are the exact limits for all tris and vertexes on a model, and basically ever other known model limitation.

NOTE: If they vary, it's for a view-model. ;)
9 years ago
I want to have my picture frame models physics enabled, so when I shoot them the physix is overwhelming and it falls down to the floor.

So I made this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
init()
{
pictures_physics_trigger = GetEntArray( "picture_physics", "targetname" );
pictures_physics = GetEntArray( "picture_physics", "targetname" );
}

model_physics_thread()
{
for(i=0;i<pictures_physics_trigger.size;i++)
{
pictures_physics PhysicsLaunch( pictures_physics.origin, (0,-45,0) );
}
}

I'm pretty sure there's a better way, but how can i make it so that it address the pictures_physics array on the current one? pictures_physics.i ?
10 years ago
At the beginning of this week, VALVe released the new TI4 music pack for DOTA 2. It was sick, holy shit it's like FAR CRY 3 WITH ORCHESTRA  :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

I made 22 videos with each song on the soundtrack.

All of them uploaded to youtube.

All of them returned a processing error but they are correct.

All of the videos being uploaded atm are having issues.

It's Youtube's fault.

Fuck Google.

How do you feel about this, including the oculus rift facebook purchase?
They seem to FUCK everything up.
10 years ago
Code Snippet
Plaintext
******* script runtime error *******
assert fail: Did not find a node!!! [Should not see this!]: (file 'maps/_zombiemode_spawner.gsc', line 422)
 AssertEx( IsDefined( node ), "Did not find a node!!! [Should not see this!]" );
Error: called from:
(file 'maps/_zombiemode_spawner.gsc', line 128)
 self thread zombie_think();
(file 'maps/_spawner.gsc', line 1024)
   thread [[ func[ "function" ] ]]();
(file 'maps/_spawner.gsc', line 985)
 thread run_spawn_functions();
(file 'maps/_spawner.gsc', line 965)
   spawn thread spawn_think( self.targetname );
Error: started from:
(file 'maps/_spawner.gsc', line 935)
  self waittill( "spawned", spawn );
I have pathnodes, this is from a fresh restart of all the map scripts.
10 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-whR8UrM0w

That's an demo of a custom glow script for Left 4 Dead 2, changing some of the glowing outlines. Notice how the glow stays on-screen even when the object is behind a wall, highlighting it's location for players to find.  Is there any way to do this in the W@W engine? I can create the glow, but how can I get it to register on the screen at tall times, regardless of the player location?
10 years ago
I'm trying to import some .tanim files I've exported from BO1 using Lemon into Maya on a custom weapon. I opened my rig,  and tried to import the file and got a crash. I asked Tom, he said you can't import it on a rig. If you can't import it on a rig, then what is the purpose of the .tanim files?

How can I import the anims into Maya to use them as a base/guide for animating custom weapons?

[Edit]
God bless EGE115.

[Edit2]
I don't know whether to consider this solved, not all my questions have been answered. I'm doing this to a custom weapon, so it's not going to fit nearly exactly, I just want to use it to base some of the animations off of.

This is what I'm trying to animate.
10 years ago
PAYDAY: The Heist is going to be available for free download on the day of October 18th, 2014, or the day of 'Crimefest', the day the PAYDAY series turns three. However, you may be asking 'if it's in two months, why the hell are you posting it now?'. Well, David Goldfarb, the person who I personally hold responsible for making all the 5$ packs, has left OVERKILL, and now THIS pops up. The more people join, the more stuff PAYDAY players get for free.

Join this, you don't need to own PAYDAY 2, and help PAYDAY 2 players get free stuff, along with getting PD:TH free during CRIMEFEST, click the other url above for more info.

[Edit]
Thanks to everyone who joined! PD:TH is now confirmed free on OCTOBER 18TH, 2014 thanks to your efforts!
10 years ago
You might find this handy if you've already installed the crap of a software known as Origin...

After recently ending official support for the PC version of 2004's The Sims 2, Electronic Arts is now offering all Origin users a copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for free, through the end of the month.

Users can redeem the expansion-bundled freebie by entering the code "I-LOVE-THE-SIMS" after choosing "Redeem Product Code" from the Games tab after firing up the Origin front-end. Downloads will remain available through July 31st at 10 a.m. PDT, so act fast if you want to add the classic human-torment simulator to your Origin library.

Source

Also, at time of writing Peggle is free.
10 years ago
I'm wanting to make an FOV slider in my map, and I can script it myself, but I'd think it would be much faster if I could find an already completed tutorial or script. I want a slider in the options menu that slides from 65-90 degrees of a FOV,  is there a script for this, or do I just need to make one?
10 years ago
I haven't seen very many exclusive zombie maps (atleast not to either ZM or UGX), instead a lot of map are uploaded to ZM, UGX, GCZ, hex's site, pieman's site, and a bunch of other places.

Is there an advantage to uploading it to every custom zombies website on earth besides that it will never be gone forever? Because I sure as hell don't see one. (Besides trying to support those small startups!)
10 years ago
I want to test the idea of a Far-Cry healing system in zombies. For those who have never played Far-Cry, the health regen is extremely limited. Holding a button will trigger a 'healing' animation where the player heals themselves (Bandages themselves, extracts bullets, etc.) and when the animation is over, the player has health back.

Player HP regen is going to be set at 20% normal rate.
Holding a button will holster weapons (swap to weapon file w/ no held weapons) and after the duration of the animation will swap back to previous weapon.
The 'healing' is in separate weapon file.
The button to heal with (swap to healing weapon) is going to be manually bound.

This might help?

I'm on the other side of the USA then my computer, so I can't exactly test a script for the next month.
10 years ago
I am compiling vis and reflections, but my model appears completely black when I run the game.
Simple error (and probably fix) but nobody seems to know either.

Model appears fine in Tom's BMX Utilities.
10 years ago
Loading ...