or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - mobofthedead123

Code Snippet
cpp
function location_display_text()
{
    hint_hud = NewClientHudElem(self);
    hint_hud.fontScale = 2;
    hint_hud.alignX = "left";
    hint_hud.alignY = "top";
    hint_hud.horzAlign = "left";
    hint_hud.vertAlign = "top";
    hint_hud.x = 2;
    hint_hud.y = 2;
    text = undefined;
    while(1)
    {
        text = self get_location_text();
        hint_hud SetText( text );
        wait .1;
    }
}

function get_location_text()
{
    text = undefined;
    zone_name = undefined;
    location_text_zones = getentarray("location_text_zones","targetname");
    for( z=0; z<location_text_zones.size; z++ )
    {
        if (self IsTouching(location_text_zones[z]) )
            zone_name = location_text_zones[z].script_noteworthy;
    }

switch( zone_name )
    {
        case "start_zone":
            text = "Communications Office";
            break;

//case "power":
            //text = "Power Room";
            //break;

default:
            text = "Zone Not Recognized";
            break;
    }

return text;
}
I have added a custom script into my BO3 mod but my HUD element is not working and the text is not displaying in game. I am trying to add the location name into the top left corner like in Black Ops 4. Someone wrote this script for me and it worked perfectly in WAW but it doesn't work here in BO3. How would I change this script to make it show the text?
4 years ago
Hello, does anyone know how to add HUD elements through script in my BO1 custom zombies map? I want to add some text into the top right corner but I'm not sure how to go about it. Thanks.
4 years ago
Thanks, it worked but there is still a problem. The third person models of the characters are not working and are made up of grey blocks, and this is for all of the characters. Do you know a fix for this? Thanks

Double Post Merge: August 07, 2019, 04:34:29 pm
Thanks, it worked but there is still a problem. The third person models of the characters are not working and are made up of grey blocks, and this is for all of the characters. Do you know a fix for this? Thanks
Never mind, I got it the block issue fixed by this tutorial:

https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/modding/115/character-body-and-hand-models-problems/16695/
Thanks for your help!
5 years ago
Hello. I was wondering how I would be able to get the different characters’ viewhands in my Black Ops custom map, so like in Kino Der Toten, Nikolai has different viewhands from Richtofen. Right now in my map, the viewhands are always Dempsey’s hands but the character doesn’t match them. How could I add the different viewhands? Thanks
5 years ago
So I bought Black Ops 1 from Steam so I could do modding for it and after, I got the DLCs as well. But for some reason I keep getting errors about the DLC perks and their models/images. For example, when I add PhD in Radiant, the perk machine model is not there, but I can still buy it and the perk shader is just the default checkered texture. What do I need to do to get the game to recognise that I have the models for the perks? Also, when I drink the PhD perk there is no perk bottle model either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
5 years ago
I tried to do that by editing the root/raw/maps _zombiemode.gsc, but in game it does not change anything. Am I supposed to add the edited version of _zombiemode.gsc to my mod’s folder just like in WAW?
5 years ago
For my custom Black Ops 1 map, I want to change the amount of points the players spawn in with, just for testing. I want to change the value to something like 50,000 instead of 500, so I can buy all doors on the map and test things. How would I be able to achieve this? Thanks!
5 years ago
I assume that the amount of points received when you get a nuke (default 400) can be changed in _zm_powerups.gsc

I’m not too sure but maybe the amount of points received by building a window can be edited in _zm.gsc or _zm_spawner.gsc?

5 years ago
Yes, it compiled before. The error just suddenly happened, I didn't add anything to my map. I added a script that somebody gave me and I removed it, but it didn't change anything. 
I created a new map with the UGX Script Placer 2 and did the setup map. It compiled successfully, so it's definitely my map. I also have another map which uses similar things like Harry Bo21's perks, and that also doesn't compile. 
I have Launcher running as Admin as default.

5 years ago
Hi. I am unable to compile my WAW map in Launcher as it is throwing out this error. I have no idea what is causing this and how I can fix it.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
CoD2Map v1.1 (c) 2002 Id Software Inc. / Infinity Ward
---- cod2map ----
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\bin/main
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_27.iwd (60 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_26.iwd (522 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_25.iwd (139 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_24.iwd (502 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_23.iwd (3 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_22.iwd (529 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_21.iwd (13 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_20.iwd (69 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_19.iwd (52 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_18.iwd (51 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_17.iwd (42 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_16.iwd (44 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_15.iwd (145 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_14.iwd (655 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_13.iwd (400 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_12.iwd (453 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_11.iwd (366 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_10.iwd (549 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_09.iwd (413 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_08.iwd (484 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_07.iwd (755 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_06.iwd (537 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_05.iwd (569 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_04.iwd (711 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_03.iwd (743 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_02.iwd (694 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_01.iwd (350 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_00.iwd (808 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//main
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//main_shared
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\bin/raw
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\bin/raw_shared
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\bin/devraw
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\bin/devraw_shared
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//raw
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//raw_shared
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//devraw
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//devraw_shared
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\localized_english_iw06.iwd (1804 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\localized_english_iw05.iwd (1246 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\localized_english_iw04.iwd (363 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\localized_english_iw03.iwd (28 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\localized_english_iw02.iwd (3163 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\localized_english_iw01.iwd (5164 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\localized_english_iw00.iwd (4592 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//raw/english
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//devraw/english

File Handles:
----------------------
27018 files in iwd files
File read failure - read 0 of 4765820 bytes
5 years ago
In Black Ops 4, you can see the name of your location in the top left hand corner. I would like to do this in COD WAW. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
5 years ago
So I downloaded and installed the Agency FB font which DidUknowiPwn uploaded a few years ago for WAW. I’ve done everything it says and the font works on the menu, and on custom triggers such as Harry Bo21’s perks and his power switch, but on default World at War hintstrings (such as when you are low on ammo in a mag it says ‘reload’ or the hintstrings of opening doors and wallbuys). I don’t know how to fix this and it’s reallt bugging me. It’s just a weird alien font with random symbols. 
5 years ago
Loading ...